Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

IS IT JUST ME, or does every Northerner or Hollywood star answer every other question with "Absolutely"? Is that the word of the new millennium?

COLUMBIA COUNTY HAS found a way of saving money. When school crosswalks need painting, you just take down the crosswalk signs. Look at all the money they save.

A RANT TO THE thoughtless people with leaf blowers. Yard waste, especially pine straw, blown into our roadways by lazy individuals and lawn maintenance crews creates very dangerous driving conditions.

BIG RAVE FOR Jones Creek Golf Club.

RANT TO ALL THE snooty foreigners protesting the name of the new Grovetown High School. We are very proud of our Grovetown roots.

A BIG RAVE to MCG staff and nurses on 8 south. I want to thank them for all they did for me. It was wonderful.

BAD AUGUSTA DRIVERS? I've lived here over 20 years and the only accident I was involved in was a Columbia County teenager rear-ending me.

COLUMBIA COUNTY School Superintendent Charles Nagle learned well from his former boss. His arrogance toward soon-to-be-rezoned parents and children is revealing. You work for us!

I WOULD LIKE FOR THE Columbia County Sheriff's Department to enforce the traffic laws.

A RAVE TO WRDW for running the jubilant lady commercial. It is our favorite part of watching Jeopardy! Please keep running it for a while. It is great to see media helping consumers.

MY GRANDSON, WHO is in the Marines, shipped a car to Hawaii. When we inquired about insurance, we were told the company did not issue foreign policies. Yes, she was a recent high school graduate.

I OFTEN SEE RANTERS stating that they want to see smaller government. A large portion of the CSRA economy is based on government jobs. If SRS, Fort Gordon and MCG closed down, CSRA would be close to closing down, too. It appears we want smaller government as long as it is the area government that affects others, not us.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/06/08 - 05:58 am
G'morning all! Hey, CBBP,

G'morning all! Hey, CBBP, maybe Fat Man's will sell us their leftover bags of peanuts.... ;-)

christian134
christian134 02/06/08 - 07:15 am
To the person who complained

To the person who complained about the ranter complaining about Augusta drivers. The teenager from columbia country rear ending you probably moved from augusta......:)

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 02/06/08 - 07:48 am
The military considers Hawaii

The military considers Hawaii to be an overseas assignment, and many insurance and finance companies won't do business with you if you go overseas because they lose all control of the vehicle.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/06/08 - 07:54 am
I'm crushed this morning,

I'm crushed this morning, SpongeBob Squarepants only got 4 electoral votes during yesterdays primary. Where's my tippy cup?

workingmom
workingmom 02/06/08 - 07:58 am
Why is it that parents whose

Why is it that parents whose children are in overcrowded conditions at a school complain when their child has to be rezoned? It just doesn't make sense to me! Would you rather they stay where there are numerous portables and overcrowding, which could be a hazard in case of fire? When decisions are made, they are made for all students, not all except yours.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/06/08 - 08:04 am
WD - absolutely correct.

WD - absolutely correct. Hawaii and Alaska and Puerto Rico are OCONUS.

heyheyhey
heyheyhey 02/06/08 - 09:06 am
christian123.....GROW UP!

christian123.....GROW UP!

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/06/08 - 09:06 am
I don't think that guy was

I don't think that guy was complaining about Augusta drivers, he was complaining about people complaining about Augusta drivers.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/06/08 - 09:09 am
I agree withthe leaf blower

I agree withthe leaf blower rant. It makes the streets look dirty. I went to San Diego and the place looked spotless compared to hear. They blow stuff into a pile and put it in the trash.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 02/06/08 - 09:13 am
huckabee won georgia... boom

huckabee won georgia... boom chicka wah wah

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/06/08 - 09:39 am
G'mornin, Playa, been missing

G'mornin, Playa, been missing ya, girl!

mojo
mojo 02/06/08 - 09:39 am
This is a RANT for The

This is a RANT for The Augusta Chronicle missing the story that yesterday a federal appeals court nullified Georgia's agreement reached with the Army Corps of Engineers for water rights to Lake Lanier. As critical as our drought situation has been an remains - how can The Chronicle fail to report this story? Buckle up folks this is one water fight that isn't going away, and we're losing. You can read the story at The Wall Street Journal...http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120225947445245955.html

mojo
mojo 02/06/08 - 09:41 am
Now for they silly stuff - to

Now for they silly stuff - to the ranter complaining about lazy folks using leaf blowers - Since when did lazy folks do yard work? And lawn maintenance crews are also lazy? Try the job for a day - you'll change your mind.

Eric
Eric 02/06/08 - 09:45 am
To the guy that is

To the guy that is complaining about the guy that was complaining about the drivers complaining about people complaining about the people complaining about rezoning because everybody is complaining about their schools being over crowded and complaining about the traffic on Washington Rd, why complain?

dani
dani 02/06/08 - 09:49 am
On a roll this morning, are

On a roll this morning, are you?

Eric
Eric 02/06/08 - 10:04 am
No pun intended huh dani? ;-)

No pun intended huh dani? ;-)

teachingthemasses
teachingthemasses 02/06/08 - 10:10 am
WD you are correct... but

WD you are correct... but that gecko company will insure.... Government Employees Insurance COmpany. That is how we had our vehicle insured for our Hawaii tour.

getalife
getalife 02/06/08 - 10:19 am
Mojo, the story is in today's

Mojo, the story is in today's AC paper. If Lake Lanier continues to dry up, we need to be ready for Atlanta to come after our water in Clarks Hill!!

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/06/08 - 10:25 am
I'm shocked! I never dreamed

I'm shocked! I never dreamed McCain would win out over Romney. I certainly didn't think Romney would be in the battle of his life for 2nd.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/06/08 - 10:25 am
I saw the Easter Bunny this

I saw the Easter Bunny this morning, he was stealing my boiled peanuts! Then Yosemite Sam chased him down my driveway yelling all kinds of unintelligible gibberish while a Gecko was trying to write him out a liability insurance policy Santa Clause had to swerve his sleigh to miss the Gecko and dropped an Elf on my mailbox who fell off and squashed the Gecko and when Paramedic arrived they pronounced the ELF invisible and took some more of my peanuts. Why can't everyone just leave my nuts alone?

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/06/08 - 10:26 am
Roll Tide - My ice cream is

Roll Tide - My ice cream is too cold!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh. G'mornin

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/06/08 - 10:26 am
CBBP Please just back away

CBBP Please just back away from the cold beer.

I4PUTT
I4PUTT 02/06/08 - 10:28 am
RT keep your eyes on his

RT keep your eyes on his nuts.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/06/08 - 10:28 am
Shh, now Yosemite Sam has a

Shh, now Yosemite Sam has a gun!

mojo
mojo 02/06/08 - 10:29 am
getalife - the story still

getalife - the story still isn't online (I only occasionaly glance at the print version of the paper - but didn't notice it this morning) - online the story isn't under the front page - - the news page or available the in search results. I read it yesterday in The Wall Street Journal. Seems like a local paper could beat at national paper to important stories.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/06/08 - 10:29 am
And is demanding all the nuts

And is demanding all the nuts in my freezer too! Oh the humility!

Eric
Eric 02/06/08 - 10:30 am
PUTT, I ain't watching

PUTT, I ain't watching anybody's nuts! Morning PTHS, PUTT, CBBP

mojo
mojo 02/06/08 - 10:35 am
Cold Beer better start

Cold Beer better start hoarding your peanuts now - you won't like the spendcrat peanuts left by November.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/06/08 - 10:36 am
Morning everyone, a little

Morning everyone, a little drama never hurt anyone! I saw that yesterday about the water, and think it's only a matter of time.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/06/08 - 10:40 am
Is Huckabee related to Gomer

Is Huckabee related to Gomer Pyle?