Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for the two brothers who helped me with my car battery on Saturday in front of the Friedman Library branch. Not only did they try to jump it, they went home and got jumper cables and came back. While they were gone, a young woman also stopped and tried to help me. ... By the time she finished, the two brothers had come back with the jumper cables. They jumped my car and started it. Bless them!

THIS IS A RANT for The Augusta Chronicle. With all the changes that you made to the newspaper, isn't there someplace besides on the sports page you can put the comics and this puzzle? Did it occur to anyone that the people who read the sports page are not necessarily the ones who do the puzzles?

THIS IS THE RANT for the management of The Augusta Chronicle . I think that your reorganization of the paper is sorry. It is obvious that you did it to add more advertising to the paper. It is hard to find the sections that you want to read up on. You have to go through every page.

A RAVE FOR the new Augusta Chronicle. Everything is organized and put into sections so that I don't have to look around for everything. Heck. there is even a table of contents! I think if anyone didn't like it it would be because they are just too lazy to learn new things. Good job!

A RAVE FOR new and improved Augusta Chronicle! The paper is so much cleaner and organized now!

LET'S GET ONE thing straight. The use of the word illegal immigration is ridiculous. They're illegal aliens. They're not immigrating; they are migrating. They don't plan on staying here. They send all their money back. ... Identity theft, crossing the borders without papers, not paying taxes. It is breaking the law. Would you call a drug dealer an illegal pharmacy? No.

I HAVE A HUGE rave for a lady from Columbia County. She took time out when the Martinez post office delivered my check to her home. She took the time out to bring it to my house. I really needed to pay my rent, and I would really like to thank her.

THIS IS THE RAVE for the front desk workers and management at The Partridge Inn who helped make my daughter's wedding stay wonderful. The few problems encountered were worked out with professional excellence.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 02/05/08 - 04:13 am
go hillary!!!!!

go hillary!!!!!

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 02/05/08 - 04:31 am
The Chronicle put the puzzles

The Chronicle put the puzzles on the sports page to encourage people who read the sports page to actually think for a few minutes. They probably should put the comics there, too, so all you need is one section of the paper for your morning's entertainment.

mtnrest
mtnrest 02/05/08 - 05:40 am
go away

go away

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/05/08 - 05:49 am
WD - yup, take the whole

WD - yup, take the whole paper to the throne room, read the sports, do the puzzle, find something in the Opus comic to call R&R about, then use the rest of it to wipe with.

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 02/05/08 - 06:44 am
trukinranger- I think you

trukinranger- I think you meant "go AWAY hillary"!!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 06:59 am
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snore, someone wake me when a subject of some intelligence occurs.

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 02/05/08 - 07:07 am
You'll be napping all day.

You'll be napping all day.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/05/08 - 07:07 am
CBBP - where do you buy your

CBBP - where do you buy your raw peanuts from?

Does_it_really_matter
Does_it_really_matter 02/05/08 - 07:41 am
Here's some covers and a

Here's some covers and a pillow.....and move over. I hope you don't snore too loud.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 07:42 am
I usually get them from some

I usually get them from some of the local grocery stores as soon as they come in fresh and green. When you buy 15 to 20 pounds at a time, they will usually let me have them for 99cents a pound.

johnsmith
johnsmith 02/05/08 - 07:43 am
Columbia County Board of Ed:

Columbia County Board of Ed: way to put your best foot forward! How charming it is to see school bus #2407 and 2606 blocking both exits from the gas station at Columbia Rd x Washington Rd, engines purring away, burning how much diesel per minute, frustrated drivers trying to get out of the station, and your two drivers, standing at the door, chain smoking, gossiping, yelling "did you get a refund?" back and forth. Wow...sure makes me want to entrust my child to your care...

johnsmith
johnsmith 02/05/08 - 07:46 am
Trukin...she certainly OUGHT

Trukin...she certainly OUGHT to win. After all, she cried yesterday, so what else is left to say?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 07:46 am
Does it really matter, would

Does it really matter, would you quit pulling the covers?

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/05/08 - 07:56 am
CBBP - I grew up in west

CBBP - I grew up in west central Florida and I stop by the co-op in Williston and buy them by the crate when I'm down visiting my mom. I was just hoping you had a "secret source" for good green ones up here. I've gotten some good ones in the past at that stand on Davis Road.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/05/08 - 08:05 am
I think that stand is a

I think that stand is a credit union now.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/05/08 - 08:12 am
AR- where are we gonna have

AR- where are we gonna have our Hillary party today?

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 08:13 am
From time to time a friend

From time to time a friend with a farm will let me get some, but I have to go into the field and pull the vines then go home and pick and wash them. It reminds me of my childhood but takes all day. I'm always searching for good green ones, I'll let you know when I find any if you'll give me the same courtesy. Usually Harveys supermarkets is my best source but you really need to get to know the produce manager or you can get stuck with some old tough ones.

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/05/08 - 08:22 am
You got it, man. I'll check

You got it, man. I'll check harvest dates in Fl. The winter crop should be coming in soon. I'll tell my mom I came down just to visit her. ;-)

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 02/05/08 - 08:25 am
I'm ready. I just heard 1/3

I'm ready. I just heard 1/3 of California has paper ballots. They are already 3 hours behind us so it'll be an all nighter.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 08:30 am
Is everyone as sick of all

Is everyone as sick of all the cam-"pain" coverage as I am? Is it just me or does it seem as if the press is becoming paparazzi?
It seems as if the sensational is put under a microscope untul it becomes the next Disco Duck, but the real news is skipped over. Whatever happened to local stations reporting local news and the networks taking care of the national and international new. Oh, I forgot, someone may actually have to go out and ask an intelligent question. I don't care who John D Trailerpark is voting for or what he saw when the Martians scooped him up.
Tell me what is going on with all the various governments in the CSRA, with the legislative delegation in Atlanta, what are they doing or not doing for us. Give us timely news not 3 days old gleaned from some weekly newspaper 40 miles away. My Big Old Butt, Okay, I'm getting off the soapbox for this week. Ya'll have a nice Day!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 08:32 am
PTHS please let me know my

PTHS please let me know my Grands have eaten about 25 of the 30 pounds I put up.

puppy
puppy 02/05/08 - 08:47 am
you can get raw peanuts by

you can get raw peanuts by the bushel at Reids grocery on
Hwy 1 as you are heading to Aiken

PTHS2
PTHS2 02/05/08 - 08:51 am
CBBP - I'm certainly sick of

CBBP - I'm certainly sick of it, that's why I asked about peanuts. I'll for sure keep you in the loop whien I locate a dealer to replinish our stash. (That should keep RSCO busy for a while). My son and I are jonesin' for some new ones as bad as you are. Oh well, at least I got some CB's.

Daddyrabbit
Daddyrabbit 02/05/08 - 09:02 am
Trukinranger, you started a

Trukinranger, you started a sentence but didn't finish it...you didn't tell her where to go!!!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/05/08 - 09:04 am
I'm going to go vote. I

I'm going to go vote. I looked up the name of my faith added the phrase presidential candidates put a few candidates names in and came up with a very helpful site that analyzed all candidates stands on all the issues. I was on the right track all along.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 02/05/08 - 09:07 am
New write in candidate for

New write in candidate for President, SpongeBob Squarepants!
Vote Now, vote often. Crabbypattys for everyone.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 02/05/08 - 09:10 am
Oh, and please A/C stop

Oh, and please A/C stop changing the names of the Across the Area (briefs and police reports) of the what used to be the Metro section. I can not figure out how it is organized yet. The one that really got me the other day was "Wrecks and Fires", which I THINK was supposed to be the police reports for that day. I want a section that gives a sampling of Richmond County police reports or at least just the CSRA. Any others should go in a section like Across Georgia, like you used to have it. I want event notices in a separate section. If you have that, my apologies, I haven't noticed it yet.

Eric
Eric 02/05/08 - 09:11 am
Morning PTHS, CBBP. The cam

Morning PTHS, CBBP. The cam "pain" is certainly getting old. I wish they would simply wait until in the morning and tell us the results rather than blasting us with all the analysis and predictions and all the other crap they throw at us. Did y'all see the Piper Cub towing the banner yesterday for Ron Paul. I kept trying to figure out how I could shoot the banner and cause it to drop without getting into trouble with the law and the FAA.

Dan White 02/05/08 - 09:15 am
Good morning, Tide. Going to

Good morning, Tide. Going to vote Huckabee even though it is probably a wasted vote. Looks like McCain has got it. Ann Coulter said she'd vote Hillary before she'd vote McCain. Appears that the Republican Party is going to lean left with McCain to try and keep the White House and get Congress back. McCain scares me.

Dan White 02/05/08 - 09:17 am
I don't like the new format

I don't like the new format of the AC. Finally figured out why I don't like it. They've shrunk the news articles and jumbled everything up to keep us from realizing there is not as much news in it as before. It looks like the print media all over is in big trouble. By the next generation, the ony place you'll find a newspaper is in the museum.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen