Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

A RANT FOR HOME-WRECKERS. Wouldn't it be wise to check to see if his divorce is final before you attend church and family events with him? Ask to see his final divorce decree. (There isn't one.) His children, wife, pastor and congregation were appalled at your presence.

A RAVE to The Augusta Chronicle for printing mostly raves on Christmas Day.

A RANT TO HUNTERS WHO COME to play golf dressed in jeans, plaid shirts and orange jackets. Please remember where you are. Also, you can't just relieve yourself next to a tree by the tee box.

I AM A 57-YEAR-OLD man, retired and working a part time job. I have seen a lot of senseless things in my lifetime, and it seems like people who want peace and harmony die untimely deaths. I hope that this leaves a lot of thought to people that support a warmonger in the White House.

TO THE "CAT LADY" in our neighborhood: You can't keep cats at your own home, and now those that you keep feeding roam in our yards!

HOW ABOUT A COURSE in "courteous driving" instead of "defensive driving?"

THE TRASH AND LEAF pickup service here in Augusta has to be the best in the world! They are so reliable, and it is so encouraging that they will be here at the appointed time.

PEOPLE WHO ABUSE OR KILL animals should be punished. This has nothing to do with abortion.

OUR COUNTRY IS MADE UP of people of many nationalities. With this in mind, let's deport all who habitually commit major crimes to their country of origin.

A RANT TO THE Richmond County Sheriff's Office. Where are you when taxpaying law abiding citizens in the 30901 area need you for assistance?

WE'D LIKE TO THANK the Richmond County Sheriff's Office for responding so quickly to come to the aid of an elderly gentleman on Kentwood Drive trying to change a tire. It was cold, too. Thank you, again, Sheriff Strength. We appreciate you and your department.

I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM when I see our Richmond County deputies hanging out at convenience stores with scratch-off tickets.

A RAVE FOR Smith Chevron Station at Wheeler Road and Walton Way Extension. Greatest bunch of guys in Augusta.

If you have an opinion you want to share with other newspaper readers, call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves live at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augusta chronicle.com.

prolifer
prolifer 01/16/08 - 05:19 am
To the person ranting about

To the person ranting about the home-wreckers, who was the home-wrecker? Her or him. You seem to be blaming the wrong person.

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 01/16/08 - 05:28 am
Happy husbands don't stray.

Happy husbands don't stray.

armywife1
armywife1 01/16/08 - 05:38 am
And unhappy husbands should

And unhappy husbands should get divorced BEFORE they stray!

armywife1
armywife1 01/16/08 - 05:45 am
But then again, it would not

But then again, it would not be " straying" anymore after the divorce, would it?

debby
debby 01/16/08 - 06:14 am
People sometimes lie about

People sometimes lie about their marital status. You can't always blame the other person....they might not have known the divorce wasn't final.

jus sayin
jus sayin 01/16/08 - 06:45 am
Where are the RCPD when you

Where are the RCPD when you call, out changing tires, playing the lotto, looking for another job, the list can go on. Besides there is a major shortage of officers. It's funny a couple months ago Richmond County officers were the best for arresting all the gang members, now you complain about them playing the lottery, they don't make any money, maybe lady luck can help them.

jus sayin
jus sayin 01/16/08 - 06:50 am
A home-wrecker with

A home-wrecker with standards, atleast he took her to church. Maybe the person who wrote this don't know the whole story, perhaps she should mind her own business. NOSY

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 01/16/08 - 06:54 am
To 57year old man, peace and

To 57year old man, peace and harmony don't lead to an untimely death, cowering does.

heartablazing
heartablazing 01/16/08 - 07:15 am
If any of the richmond county

If any of the richmond county deputies are married they shouldn't stray with "lady luck" at the convenient store.

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 01/16/08 - 07:28 am
I agree with the Smith

I agree with the Smith Chevron Station. Those guys are nice..

ANGEL
ANGEL 01/16/08 - 07:51 am
HOME WRECKER- I had the same

HOME WRECKER- I had the same thing happen to me but it was not a church. I really do not know what to say except I finially got my divorce on ADULTERY after 20 years of marriage and the lady (GIRL) still says she was not a HOME WRECKER. Yes it takes two to made a marriage work and it can take one to help destory it. This girl also help break up many other relationships too. I am very sorry for what happened to you but it took me a long time to get over it. Only with your love and faith in God will help you thru this. I will pray for you and your family.

dani
dani 01/16/08 - 07:58 am
Face it. Some men (and

Face it. Some men (and women) are just plain sorry. A spouse can bend over backwards to please them and they still treat them like dirt.

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 01/16/08 - 08:00 am
I thought you could play golf

I thought you could play golf in anything that makes you feel comfortable.

workingmom
workingmom 01/16/08 - 08:08 am
Ok...if someone is in the

Ok...if someone is in the "process" of a divorce, doesn't that mean the marriage is already in peril? If you are separated, and waiting on the divorce to become final, there has to be a period of time that has passed. There are a lot of factors playing into relationships and why they end in divorce and I am not claiming to be making judgements on anyone here. It just seems to me lately that there are a lot of people out there blaming others for their misfortunes instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. Marriage is a 2-way street. If one or both aren't happy, there must be a reason.

lezniack01
lezniack01 01/16/08 - 08:14 am
What neighborhood does THE

What neighborhood does THE CAT LADY in ? I feed every animal that comes to my door hungry, just as i would feed a human being.Then i have the kitties fixed so they cant have anymore Remember, God is watching and He said we were to rule over the beasts and take care of them.If you are in my neighborhood,and are unhappy, i will make an effort to control the kitties.Mostly they just hang out in my yard anyhow since i have woods.

GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN AND THE BEAST, FOR IN THIS WORLD THEY HAVE NO VOICE, THEY HAVE NO CHOICE.

lezniack01
lezniack01 01/16/08 - 08:16 am
ofcoarse i only have 3

ofcoarse i only have 3 kitties anyhow

DoubleD
DoubleD 01/16/08 - 08:19 am
I never could understand why

I never could understand why people always get mad at the "home-wrecker." If I am single I can be with whomever I want; even if they are married...if I want to. It is the married person that decided to stray. Also, screwing around while separated or "getting a divorce" can bring about all kinds of problems. Like if the married woman get's pregnant by another man. It can cause all kinds of legal problems for her husband. I'm not going to get into all of that. I see it happen a lot in the military community. Where the husband has to fight not to pay for the child that was concieved by his wife and another man. I just went back and read more replies; I STILL CANNOT believe others are placing any sort of blame the socalled wrecker. EVERY MARRIED PERSON is tempted at times or has been "hit on" by the opposite sex. IT IS their decision alone to say, "I am married, no thanks! I will never cheat on my spouse!" Simple as that. Problem solved. Married people cheat, because they put themselves in the position to cheat, and allow it to happen.

DoubleD
DoubleD 01/16/08 - 08:21 am
Why does it matter what the

Why does it matter what the hell I'm wearing to golf in. I love wearing jeans and my carhardt jacket when golfing in the cold. That is why I hate golfers, most are full of themselves and do it, because of the social status that most golfers try to project. I'm also a hunter. Within the hunting world I find that turkey hunters are buttholes also.

Helpforours
Helpforours 01/16/08 - 08:23 am
Some spouses are just plain

Some spouses are just plain scum. Had one and am getting rid of him. Try having the "other woman" be the daughter-in-law of one of the biggest preachers here in town. And this wasn't the first "other woman". It takes two to make a marriage work and if one doesn't want to do that, then get rid of them.

DoubleD
DoubleD 01/16/08 - 08:27 am
If I support a warmonger I

If I support a warmonger I will live longer, but if I want peace and harmony I will die sooner? Did I read that correctly?

CSRAider
CSRAider 01/16/08 - 08:29 am
Homewrecker. Live and Let

Homewrecker. Live and Let Live gone is gone paperwork does not matter (except maybe to you). Be the bigger person act like you could care less even if you do care.

DoubleD
DoubleD 01/16/08 - 08:33 am
I also have a big problem

I also have a big problem with police officers that have to take a break to use the toilet, or to eat lunch. SOME ONE COULD BE IN TROUBLE, but they decide to stop to pee. I'm sure police duty is similar to military duty. If they are on an 8-12 hour or longer shift. Than can stop to pee, eat, BUY A LOTTO TICKET, a drink, what ever they want! When they get a call...they leave. Show respect and give em 10-30min to take a break.

DoubleD
DoubleD 01/16/08 - 08:39 am
How about Micheal Vick, Ms.

How about Micheal Vick, Ms. Spears, O.J.,and the Jena Six this morninig!!! Just kidding I wanted to be first to mention all of them. Wait, then there is Jessica Simpson ruining Romo's game! Oh, and pantherluvsic, you can't even golf on Fort Gordon unless you have a collared shirt on. It is crazy!!! Does that make me safe to have on a polo?

mpbcw
mpbcw 01/16/08 - 08:45 am
Comment to the rant about

Comment to the rant about animal abuse. When someone moves to another location and leaves their animals behind to carry trash into everyone's yard, tear up everything in the yards, uses your yard for their bathroom and totally be a nuisance to the neighborhood is abuse, not only to the animal, but to the people that are bothered with their presence. Animal Control is not interested is resolving the problem.

DoubleD
DoubleD 01/16/08 - 09:04 am
Its slow this mornining!

Its slow this mornining! Where is Rolltide, Sneakypete, Baroness, Playaface, and others? Ya'll need to report for duty!

Jillian
Jillian 01/16/08 - 09:18 am
I got a feeling most homes

I got a feeling most homes are wrecked long before the guy decides to take the other girl to church with him. Bitterness, bad attitude, and hatred are not things a man wants to come home to. What have you done to show love for your spouse lately?

dani
dani 01/16/08 - 09:31 am
Double..You are using up all

Double..You are using up all the oxygen

lady_alessandra
lady_alessandra 01/16/08 - 09:34 am
for the person with the cat

for the person with the cat problem in the neighborhood -- you can always call animal control.

Concerned in Georgia
Concerned in Georgia 01/16/08 - 09:34 am
The same thing happened to my

The same thing happened to my sister, her ex-husband was taking another woman around to restaurants, his job and other places before they got divorced, he was introducing her to their friends and they came back and told my sister. She was nice and warned him she could get him for adultery and he quit showing his lover off. They were not even in the process of divorce when this happened.

Its 5oclock somewhere
Its 5oclock somewhere 01/16/08 - 09:40 am
If you don't feed your dog,

If you don't feed your dog, He's going to get something to eat somewhere. to (Elementary)