Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

THANK YOU TO the kind man in the Augusta Mall outside Starbucks. You were so nice and saved me a great deal of time and anguish in locating my mother's purse. Just when I think there is only evil and cruelty in this world, someone like you restores my faith.

A BIG RANT TO THOSE WHO park in the no-parking zones in front of supermarkets and sit in the vehicle while another of their party shops. To make it worse, you fuss back when someone criticizes you.

THANK YOU FOR AT LEAST being sorry my white cat was run over and killed on our small cut-through dirt road in Appling. The speed limit is 15 mph, posted by the county because of children. Our road has been closed to through traffic because of speeders using it as a quick cut-through, which has caused several wrecks. No one was injured, but it was just a matter of time. Shame it did not happen before my cat got in someone's way. It could have been a child.

A RAVE FOR MS. JENNIE at the customer service counter in the Augusta Mall. She was extremely helpful and attentive in helping me with my mother, as we required a wheelchair. My mother will remember you for a long time to come.

A RANT TO WHOEVER has a say about the Law Enforcement Center. I have been visiting this jail for sometime now and was really surprised to hear why some things in my brother's cell were not being fixed. The deputies told me that there were only three or four maintenance workers at the jail and they had several other buildings to tend to besides the jail. I think this is really bad business for the county.

THIS IS A RANT for irresponsible neighbors -- if your tree falls, breaks a fence and lands half in your yard, half in someone else's ... clean it up! Don't just saw the fallen tree in half, fix the fence and leave the other half for your neighbor to deal with.

YES, VIRGINIA, there was a James Brown. Can we please move on?

A CAR LICENSE PLATE tag number to drive around town with New Year's Eve: DWIIM2.

RANT TO THE CHRONICLE: Why don't you create a separate section for James Brown and reserve the front pages of the paper for more current news?

A RANT TO THE CHRONICLE for shoving James Brown down our throats. A lot of other people have lost their parents this time of year, too. So what makes him so special? He's never done anything for me or put food on my table.

AGAIN I OPEN the paper Christmas Eve and James Brown's picture is looking at me. I enjoy his music, but, good God, two days of nothing but James Brown is getting old. The man has been dead over a year.

RAVE TO DOUBLETREE HOTEL, formerly The Sheraton: I have had a bridge table for 15 years. I came back after an extended illness, and someone changed the rules where I can no longer be a player at the table. But I will get another table of players. I wish to thank Sandy and Debbie, who are servers, and I will see them soon.

I'D LIKE TO THANK the members of the Augusta Fire Department for their fruit baskets they give every year to the widowed women. Thank you.

HILLARY'S HEALTH CARE or universal health care is socialism and communism, any way you spell it.

If you have an opinion you want to share, call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augusta chronicle.com.

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 06:05 pm
Playa, rose is not an idiot

Playa, rose is not an idiot or a pimp.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:11 pm
And to think I was concerned

And to think I was concerned about you when you lost your cat. I have been attacked enough on here. I am sick of it. You attacked me first.

charlesmanson
charlesmanson 01/02/08 - 06:11 pm
i'll meet you halfway pete

i'll meet you halfway pete but don't expect an apology. i would rather die first. i made my points they're etched in stone. it's a new year, i think i'll turn the page. i promise not to tell kiddspur to quit kissing my butt anymore, i won't down baroness for being short, she can't help it,i won't bother playaface anymore, i hate cats anyway,i promise to help keep rjay out of prison, if he isn't in the bighouse already,i won't dog augustamom for being so damn nosy. well that's the best i can do unless i have some new enemies who would like a shot, then it's time to rumble.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:13 pm
kathysueloudermilk,thank you

kathysueloudermilk,thank you for trying to help.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:16 pm
Even though I know now what

Even though I know now what kind of person PlayaFace really is, if her cat was lost, I would be concerned for the cat, but not for her.The cat can't help who the owner is.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 01/02/08 - 06:20 pm
charlie-never would ask for

charlie-never would ask for an apolgy. Just calm down. Go back to posting conspiracy theories.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 06:21 pm
my cat is treated far better

my cat is treated far better than most people treat their prize winning animals. he gets fancy feast and iams. baths once a month. he has a million toys. i take him with me if i wont be home. i do every thing in the world for my cat... i put up a search and rescue party when he was missing and slept outside in the cold in case he came home. i am not a bad person and how dare you try to say my cat cant help me being his owner... he was about to die when i brought him home for the first time. nobody in this world is a better pet owner than i am... so shove it up your [filtered word] rose...

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 06:22 pm
Well, it's obvious that my

Well, it's obvious that my negotiation skills aren't up to snuff this evening. So I'm bowing out before I turn everyone against me.

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 06:27 pm
How are you pete, this

How are you pete, this wonderful second day of the new year?

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:29 pm
My cat is treated like a

My cat is treated like a queen. She has it made in the shade. My pet snake gets royal treatment also.Nobody in this world is a better pet owner than i am... so shove it up your [filtered word] PlayaFace.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 01/02/08 - 06:29 pm
Hey KSL--I'm getting there.

Hey KSL--I'm getting there. Looking to get good news from Emory tomorrow. I leave at 5 am. I go in for the testing at 9. I hope to catch a break this once.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:32 pm
sneaky pete, I wish you well.

sneaky pete, I wish you well. I hope you get good news.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 01/02/08 - 06:34 pm
Rose, playa--Come on. I know

Rose, playa--Come on. I know miss Rose and she is a fine person. I like to think I know playa and she is always a cool poster. You two can find something to agree about. Do it for pete. Please. Don't get booted because you both love animals. Playa, you turn 21 in a few months. If you and Miss Rose call a truce, I buy the shots.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 01/02/08 - 06:34 pm
Thanks miss Rose.

Thanks miss Rose.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:39 pm
sneaky pete, I will try, but

sneaky pete, I will try, but I am so sick of being attacked just because I don't agree with them.

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 01/02/08 - 06:42 pm
Miss Rose, we know you are a

Miss Rose, we know you are a very sweet woman. Slap that hubby of yours. Hehe.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:42 pm
Thing is I never forget when

Thing is I never forget when someone attacks me. I will not ever trust her. She has a lot of growing up to do. All the book learning in the world won't Teach a person the real lessons in life.

Its 5oclock somewhere
Its 5oclock somewhere 01/02/08 - 06:50 pm
If the shoe fits wear it, if

If the shoe fits wear it, if not take it off and shut the hell up.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:50 pm
sneaky pete, he is talking!

sneaky pete, he is talking! hahaha. talking to his sister. He sure can talk!

partimeaikenresident
partimeaikenresident 01/02/08 - 06:51 pm
Folks, I read this 'blog'

Folks, I read this 'blog' because that what it is, but I have to say -- this is the nastiest blog/bulletin board I have ever read. People have opinions. I don't agree with all of them, I find some hilarious, others down right offensive --- but folks -- THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM-- if you post, you are a target -- either make reasonable comments or expect the abuse.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 06:52 pm
Captain Augustus McCray, my

Captain Augustus McCray, my goodness. Who pulled your chain?

sneaky pete
sneaky pete 01/02/08 - 07:00 pm
tell him hey from me miss

tell him hey from me miss rose. I gotta go. Remember that playa is only 20. She is passionate about cats. I bet you were fiery at 20. Heck, you're still a whirlwind. That's why I like you so much.;)

Its 5oclock somewhere
Its 5oclock somewhere 01/02/08 - 07:04 pm
The Adults that act like

The Adults that act like Children. Opinions are like [filtered word] holes, every body has one.

scoobasteve
scoobasteve 01/02/08 - 07:05 pm
I hate cats. I hate the

I hate cats. I hate the egyptians for domesticating them. If there was an open season on feral cats, I'd get me a trophy room full of mounted cat heads on plaques. They are nasty, they pee on everything, and not only does the pee stink, but it stains, and the smell never goes away.

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 07:05 pm
pete, please let me know of

pete, please let me know of your news. And don't keep stepping on my toes. I'll accept attacks on my husband's alma mater, though why I should, it's our livelihood! I get kind of sensitive when my son's alma mater is attacked. Had a lot of fun as a footbll player parent there. Just laughing about it, you know. Like, I'm just, you know, laughing. Jeeze, if they had to type what they say!

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 07:06 pm
I did not get firey till I

I did not get firey till I learned to take up for myself and not worry about what others think. I don't want anything to do with that gal. I have dealt with ones her age, and most of them think they know it all.I dealt with 3 kids and I know how they think at that age. I have no patience for a know-it-all.

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 07:25 pm
scoobasteve, sounds like you

scoobasteve, sounds like you have had a bad experience. I had to replace my carpet (don't have carpet anymore, mostly hardwood) because of an elderly, but kind inside dog that grew up with my sons and taught them a lot. Then he got old and infirm. Could have been because of an elderly parent. Granted, a cat who doesn't like you will go to the ends of the earth to punish you. They are quite intelligent animals.

kiddspur
kiddspur 01/02/08 - 07:28 pm
Well so much for today's

Well so much for today's delightful information section in the Chronicle -- Yikes this is the R&R, I forgot -- to bad some of the news stories aren't this good and entertaining!!!!!

scoobasteve
scoobasteve 01/02/08 - 07:50 pm
I have no use for dogs

I have no use for dogs either. Any thing that I have to feed, (besides the kids and wife), are not welcome to live in my house. But cats have been a pain in my a-- for a long time. Finally convinced the wife to banish all animals to the great outdoors. I don't pet them, feed them, nurture them, or pay attention to them. I never honk the horn before starting up the truck, and that's how I roll. I wouldn't let the kids get a goldfish! I hope that you have a great relationship with as many animals as you want to have, but I been down that road, and it ain't happeneing again, ever.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 08:01 pm
scoobasteve, you are missing

scoobasteve, you are missing out on a lot.My husband was raised my a mom who hated animals. He did not hate animals, but he did not love them like I did and do. he has changed a lot over the yrs. He loves animals. He resued a hawk today and took it to a vet's office. The state wildlife pays for it.He has found snakes at his job and put them back in the woods. He loves our cat and snake. Anyone who hates animals is hard to get along with, and is heartless.