Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

THANK YOU TO the kind man in the Augusta Mall outside Starbucks. You were so nice and saved me a great deal of time and anguish in locating my mother's purse. Just when I think there is only evil and cruelty in this world, someone like you restores my faith.

A BIG RANT TO THOSE WHO park in the no-parking zones in front of supermarkets and sit in the vehicle while another of their party shops. To make it worse, you fuss back when someone criticizes you.

THANK YOU FOR AT LEAST being sorry my white cat was run over and killed on our small cut-through dirt road in Appling. The speed limit is 15 mph, posted by the county because of children. Our road has been closed to through traffic because of speeders using it as a quick cut-through, which has caused several wrecks. No one was injured, but it was just a matter of time. Shame it did not happen before my cat got in someone's way. It could have been a child.

A RAVE FOR MS. JENNIE at the customer service counter in the Augusta Mall. She was extremely helpful and attentive in helping me with my mother, as we required a wheelchair. My mother will remember you for a long time to come.

A RANT TO WHOEVER has a say about the Law Enforcement Center. I have been visiting this jail for sometime now and was really surprised to hear why some things in my brother's cell were not being fixed. The deputies told me that there were only three or four maintenance workers at the jail and they had several other buildings to tend to besides the jail. I think this is really bad business for the county.

THIS IS A RANT for irresponsible neighbors -- if your tree falls, breaks a fence and lands half in your yard, half in someone else's ... clean it up! Don't just saw the fallen tree in half, fix the fence and leave the other half for your neighbor to deal with.

YES, VIRGINIA, there was a James Brown. Can we please move on?

A CAR LICENSE PLATE tag number to drive around town with New Year's Eve: DWIIM2.

RANT TO THE CHRONICLE: Why don't you create a separate section for James Brown and reserve the front pages of the paper for more current news?

A RANT TO THE CHRONICLE for shoving James Brown down our throats. A lot of other people have lost their parents this time of year, too. So what makes him so special? He's never done anything for me or put food on my table.

AGAIN I OPEN the paper Christmas Eve and James Brown's picture is looking at me. I enjoy his music, but, good God, two days of nothing but James Brown is getting old. The man has been dead over a year.

RAVE TO DOUBLETREE HOTEL, formerly The Sheraton: I have had a bridge table for 15 years. I came back after an extended illness, and someone changed the rules where I can no longer be a player at the table. But I will get another table of players. I wish to thank Sandy and Debbie, who are servers, and I will see them soon.

I'D LIKE TO THANK the members of the Augusta Fire Department for their fruit baskets they give every year to the widowed women. Thank you.

HILLARY'S HEALTH CARE or universal health care is socialism and communism, any way you spell it.

If you have an opinion you want to share, call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augusta chronicle.com.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 03:25 pm
donnymack you are dumb! im a

donnymack you are dumb! im a republican and i dont lie, steal, or cheat! and if i remember right everyone was all for bush when 911 happened... granted he represents the republican party in the wrong way now but he stood up for america.... and what the country was built on... hilary wants to turn us into a complete government controlled country... doesnt that scream communism? what happened to it being a free country? and ill be damned if im going to be ok with my government having control on what medical attention i can recieve... or bringing the war to our soil... or allowing illegals to live among us in happiness. i dont like paying taxes but to live in america ill happily do it.... i dont think its ok for the mexican living off of my money to not pay taxes.... if your ok with it then vote for hilary... if she wins im moving to another country

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 03:27 pm
Now Charlie, if you really

Now Charlie, if you really want to be fair to tb07, you are the one who launched the first verbal attack today. To someone who does't post very often you, probably were the one looking bad coming out of the gate.

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 03:34 pm
playa, are you sure you are

playa, are you sure you are only 20? Happy New Year to you and Ozzie!

Augusta Mom
Augusta Mom 01/02/08 - 03:41 pm
The problem with pepper spray

The problem with pepper spray is that it can blow right back into your own eyes.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 03:44 pm
yup... born may 5 1987

yup... born may 5 1987

dani
dani 01/02/08 - 03:49 pm
If you use pepper spray on a

If you use pepper spray on a dog, make sure you never come in contact with that dog again. He will NOT forget.

TB07
TB07 01/02/08 - 04:13 pm
Thank you Kathy. But I best

Thank you Kathy. But I best ignore the idoit. You are right I am new here and it's obvious now he has no clue.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 04:43 pm
Why is it that everytime

Why is it that everytime there is a problem with an animal, the first thing some people think of is to kill it? Or get mad at a person and get back at them by killing their pet. People that do that are evil and have no respect for life.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 01/02/08 - 05:04 pm
Do those folks not realize

Do those folks not realize that James Brown was a star and will always be in the news? There is no amount of whining that will change that! The one that says James Brown never put food on his table---- such an ignorant statement. Why should JB put food on his table, I wonder??? I bet that person is an Elvis fan. Maybe Elvis put food on his table.

Eric
Eric 01/02/08 - 05:06 pm
So Rose, If I am walking

So Rose, If I am walking through the woods and two dogs come up growling as if to attack me, are you saying I should just stand there and wait until they attack and then still do nothing? I can assure you, just as if an intruder were coming into my house, I'm not gonna wait until I get hurt to protect myself.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 05:10 pm
rose you are STUPID! i am

rose you are STUPID! i am all for animal rights and protecting a pet from an irresponsible owner... but if a dog tries to rip my throat out im going to kill it... just like im against murder but i will defend myself and if that i means your dead.... guess what! if you keep living in the mind set you have you will not live a long life at all... im not going to let a dog rip my throat out or bite me repeatedly... IT HURTS AND CAN POTENTIALLY KILL YOU! but i mean... if you want to live your life protecting everything that will kill you... do ya thing pimp

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:10 pm
RollTide,if you mean to shoot

RollTide,if you mean to shoot to save your life, then do it. But just because a dog barks at you or you have an argument with it owner is no reason to shoot it. shooting it should be a last resort.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:15 pm
PlayaFace, you stupid idiot.

PlayaFace, you stupid idiot. Yes stupid. How does it feel to be called names? Call me more name3s, and you wil be called the same. What is wrong with you? You get pleasure out of attacking me because I don't go around killing animals for the pleasure of killing? You don't have a heart, much less a brain.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:16 pm
You calling me a pimp?

You calling me a pimp?

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:19 pm
I wish I knew your real name.

I wish I knew your real name. I would get you for slander. Prove I am a pimp. Prove it. You can try till the cows come home, but you will not find me being a pimp. Maybe you are one. Pimp!

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:26 pm
I can be nice, but if I am

I can be nice, but if I am pushed into a corner, I will coming out fighting.This is suppose to be fun posting on here. A few want to ruin it. I never attack anyone unless they attack me first.I don't need this crap.I thought of changing my name, but I am not going to give some that pleasure.

Eric
Eric 01/02/08 - 05:28 pm
Rose, I don't know to what

Rose, I don't know to what extent this dog attacked; but, to me it sounds as though she was afraid that the dog was either going to kill her dog or hurt her in some way. It wouldn't have lasted long with me. I had the exact thing I described above happen to me and my son. 2 dogs came up out of a bottom while I was walking on my own land and growled at me, teeth showing. The only hesitation I had was making sure the crosshairs were on it correctly so it was a clean and killing shot. I was n't about to wait and see if they attacked. I don't think anybody here is advocating randomly shoot dogs as you imply. Most of what I read regarded protection.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 05:30 pm
my name is hallie grant. go

my name is hallie grant. go ahead and spend the money on lawyers fees. i dont kill animals for pleasure... im trying to explain to you that protecting yourself is not cruel and inhumane to the animal you shoot in self defense.... and how is calling you a pimp a bad thing? it was an expression.... i think i would be a little more offended at being called stupid then a pimp... but thats you buddy. and calling me stupid will not break my heart because it is obviouslly proven that i have more intelligence than you can handle... you are making no sense... PIMP

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:33 pm
So your name is hallie grant

So your name is hallie grant

Eric
Eric 01/02/08 - 05:33 pm
Geez, my fingers won't do

Geez, my fingers won't do whay my brain is telling them to do today. I meant "randomly shooting."

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 05:34 pm
thats what i said. Hallie

thats what i said. Hallie Grant.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:35 pm
You still call me a pimp. You

You still call me a pimp. You must know one. Or you spread for one.

As It Is
As It Is 01/02/08 - 05:36 pm
I am certainly not for the

I am certainly not for the "rights of convicted felons" of televisions, nice matresses, work out rooms, etc. However, the current facilities are extrememly overcrowded, mildew is everywhere, toliets are overflowing and not working properly, the facility leaks badly and is just in deplorable shape. Not only is this bad for the prisoners (some who may be there for something such as "minor in possession of alcohol" or for a traffic offense, etc.) but it is also very bad working conditions for all of the investigators, secretaries, and other employees trying to acomplish their jobs. From ruined computers to paperwork having to be re-done, etc. it is unacceptable and the county should sue the builder since these problems have existed since day one.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 05:40 pm
ouch. attacking me on

ouch. attacking me on augusta chronicle hurts! especially when i know you! i dont know how to handle this! being attacked over the internet is so hard to deal with...

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:45 pm
I would love to give my name

I would love to give my name out on here, but I have more sense than that. A few on here know me, but since PlayaFace is a pimp, Or worse, I will not post my real name. There are too many criminals out there.

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:47 pm
You know me? I don't think

You know me? I don't think so! you are not one I care to know.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 05:53 pm
you dont even understand

you dont even understand sarcasm... thats smart.. dont give out your name... dont cause yourself that level of embarrisment

Rose
Rose 01/02/08 - 05:54 pm
PlayaFace, so you claim to be

PlayaFace, so you claim to be a youngun. You are younger than my kids, and almost as young as my granddaughter. Punks like you don't scare me. You think you know everything, and you don't know crap. One day you will be as stupid as your elders. You have a lot of growing up to do.

KSL
KSL 01/02/08 - 06:01 pm
Rose and Playa, you are just

Rose and Playa, you are just having a bad day of communicating. Both of you are huge animal lovers, and kind and considerate people. Rose, remember when Ozzie the cat was lost for 4 days? That was Playa's cat. I believe it is so easy to get off on the wrong foot with someone via the typed word here. I like both of you a lot and hate to see this misunderstanding. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but I don't think Playa would advocate shooting a dog because it growled or acted unfriendly. I would shoot one if it was going for my throat rather than be mauled to death. And neither of you are pimps. Playa, rose has been attacked a lot here lately (as have I). We may be just a little sensitive.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 01/02/08 - 06:02 pm
my elders are very

my elders are very intelligent and im already grown. im by no means a punk... ive lived on my own since my 18th birthday. i pay all my bills, i work 60+ hours a week and im in school to be a medical examiner. i just have a problem with idiots, hense this arguement. thats pathetic that your grandchildren are almost my age and you are so nieve and stupid. thanks for your time but im done with this pointless crap, i have no more time to waste on you.

Fort Gordon bus route under 30 day review

Even as an experimental bus route continues to drain money from the city coffers, Augusta Commission committee members unwilling to end service to Fort Gordon granted Augusta Public Transit 30 ...