Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

A RANT TO THE football team looking for donations at the corner of Wrightsboro Road and Augusta West Parkway. You might get more money if the players pulled their pants up.

I WOULD LIKE TO give a BIG RAVE to Dr. Spratling and his whole team for the kind and gentle way they treat the children in their dental office.

A RAVE FOR West Augusta Little League Yankees, who won the final fall ball tournament. Hats off to coach Tim Wright, who did a great job with the boys this year. WAY TO GO YANKEES!!!!!

RAVE: ANYONE LOOKING for great people, go to University Hospital or Augusta Oncology on Wheeler Road or Family Physicians of Evans. All great.

I'D RATHER HAVE water to drink than see green grass and flowers. So to all the businesses and churches that are still watering your lawn -- I will not go to your business, I will not got to your church.

IF GEORGIA HAS a severe drought problem then why is the military police at Fort Gordon washing their vehicles three times a day, seven days a week?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for cleaning up south Augusta! It has been needing cleaning up for a LONG time!

A RANT AGAINST your newspaper. We have been getting the paper since 1977 and every time we put in a rant or rave, you won't print it. Shame on you.

I AM AN ELDERLY WOMAN on a very fixed income, but I have said it before and I will say it again, we need to pay our sheriff's officers more money and if it means raising my tax, then raise it!

I HAVE A BIG RAVE Gov. Perdue for praying for rain, and a heartfelt thanks to God for sending it!

BIG THANKS TO Ronnie Strength and the men and women of the Richmond County sheriff's department. Good job! Thanks for Richmond County!

A BIG RAVE TO the Richmond County sheriff's department on the gang bust. We watched as they took some of our neighborhood people and arrested them and we are proud of that. It's amazing how much our neighborhood has quieted down.

WHY DOES AUGUSTA want a race track when we already have one. It is called Bobby Jones Expressway!

A HUGE RAVE TO Sheriff Strength, his men and women and the ATF. As a lifelong native of Augusta from the Tobacco Road, Windsor Spring Road area, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for getting the worthless thugs and scum off the street. Please don't stop there, get them all off! Let the gangs know they have no place in Augusta, Ga. Get rid of all of them!

If you have an opinion you want to share, call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax (706) 722-7403 or send e-mail to newsroom@augustachronicle.com.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 12/03/07 - 04:29 am
Well I'll be, a true mist is

Well I'll be, a true mist is falling. If it gets any heavier it'll be a sprinkle. How frustrating. I'll bet my windshield will be dry by daylight.

rjay
rjay 12/03/07 - 06:25 am
morning all you r and r

morning all you r and r people!

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 12/03/07 - 06:26 am
This is to the water person

This is to the water person rather than nature.. GET A LIFE!!!

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 12/03/07 - 06:40 am
thank GOD for the rain! yes

thank GOD for the rain! yes GOD (JESUS CHRIST) for the rain. not nature or anyone else, just GOD!

karmakills123
karmakills123 12/03/07 - 06:51 am
I have a lot more than a mist

I have a lot more than a mist !!! Folks I got some REAL rain over here in N. Augusta !!!! AMEN !!!

karmakills123
karmakills123 12/03/07 - 07:17 am
Hey Ya'll how about we have

Hey Ya'll how about we have CHRISTMAS this year instead of a "holiday" !! MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christian134
christian134 12/03/07 - 07:38 am
Merry Christmas!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

lezniack01
lezniack01 12/03/07 - 07:39 am
pouring rain here in

pouring rain here in hephzibah too!

lezniack01
lezniack01 12/03/07 - 07:40 am
Merry Christmas!! May it

Merry Christmas!! May it bring a joy unsurpassed!

What a Day
What a Day 12/03/07 - 08:04 am
MERRY CHRISTMAS and May GOD

MERRY CHRISTMAS and May GOD reign upon this Earth during the CHRISTMAS not XMAS or HOLIDAY season. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD all ye lands.....LET IT RAIN, LET IT RAIN, LET IT RAIN in Hephzibah.....

amazed1
amazed1 12/03/07 - 08:05 am
Merry Christmas to all and

Merry Christmas to all and thank God for the rain.

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 12/03/07 - 08:22 am
Jesus is the reason for the

Jesus is the reason for the season!

mojo
mojo 12/03/07 - 08:55 am
to the elderly woman woman

to the elderly woman woman wanting to raise OUR taxes - you are free to whip out YOUR checkbook and write checks to your heart's content - taxes are everyone's legal obligation - please be generous with YOUR money - some of us feel our taxes are high enough and just like a spoiled child you should give a poorly run government entity more money to squander.

Tall1
Tall1 12/03/07 - 09:55 am
Our parents and grandparents

Our parents and grandparents paid their taxes while we were kids without all this complaining and without all these "me first" concerns. This elderly woman probably DOES whip out her checkbook as that is how she was raised. Not like parents who leave the kids to be raised by daycare, public schools, government agencies to pursue their dreams. Our ancestors sacrificed to ensure our future. We don't sacrifice any opportunity to have more things. In doing so, we sacrificed our youth.

Inkjet
Inkjet 12/03/07 - 09:59 am
If Georgia has a severe

If Georgia has a severe drought, why are new car washes allowed to open, and why are car washes allowed to operate at all during all this. I still say no one NEEDS a clean car!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/03/07 - 10:31 am
A rave to everyone that has

A rave to everyone that has sent in thanks to the entities that cleaned some of the thugs off our streets. That lends credibility to my ongoing concerns for 30906, where some of the thugs were from and in which I have been a victim of crime at intervals and more alarming frequency from 1988 to 2005. From 1966 to 1988, I did not even have ONE crime to report, so the last 17 years I consider a nightmare. There are still people in 30906 denying there are gang problems, and flat out say they don't want anything negative said about south Richmond County (often mislabeled South Augusta), because their real estate values will go down. ????

dani
dani 12/03/07 - 11:00 am
Merrry CHRISTmas! Andy

Merrry CHRISTmas!

Andy Rooney, 60 Min, said last night that of 29 catologs he received in his mail last week not a single one mentioned Christmas. They all used Holidays. He said he would do business with none. That he wants presents, not gifts.

Augusta Mom
Augusta Mom 12/03/07 - 11:22 am
I glanced thru the boxes of

I glanced thru the boxes of cards at CVS last night.....most said
Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings. Not one even mentioned the word Christmas, not even the ones with "religious" themes on the fronts. That is really sad.

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 12/03/07 - 11:26 am
the salvation army doesn't

the salvation army doesn't say "merry Christmas" anymore because some people find it offensive. they use the term, "happy holidays". well, they will never get any more money from me.

intheknow
intheknow 12/03/07 - 11:39 am
Well I guess you were giving

Well I guess you were giving for the wrong reasons.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/03/07 - 11:48 am
MERRY CHRISTMAS! I might

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I might have all my decorations up by St. Nicholas Day, December 6th, for the first time ever! I've given away some extras to my oldest son, told him he could phase them out as he acquired his own. Decorations accumulate if you don't move often. Moving tends to force most people to cut down on their non-essentials. But those decorations with the children's hand prints, fingerprints, & school pictures, that they made by hand, as gifts, it doesn't matter how raggedy they get, I wish I had a lockbox to keep them in: they are among my most precious possessions. When we moved, my daughter was relieved to tears when she realized I had kept them & said, "Oh, thank you mom!" I had a hard time getting rid of our ancient World Book Encyclopedia set because I kept remembering when they were still pre-schoolers and I was teaching them how important these books were. I emphasized, "They are your path to knowledge!". I stepped out of the room for a few minutes. I returned & saw all the volumes laid out on the floor and they were running barefoot back & forth on them. Why? I asked. My boy, puzzled, said, "but you said they were our path to knowledge!" SMILE.

dont live there anymore
dont live there anymore 12/03/07 - 12:14 pm
How nice to hear everyone

How nice to hear everyone giving Christmas/Holiday greetings for a change. No downers today. God doesn't care what we call this season as long as we remember Him in our prayers, our celebrations, and our lives. I prefer Merry Christmas but Happy Holiday or Season's greetings are cheerful and better than no greeting at all. God bless all.

sTiCkMaN
sTiCkMaN 12/03/07 - 12:16 pm
its the principle of it...

its the principle of it... there are plenty of Christian orginizations to give to.

Gruvy Legz
Gruvy Legz 12/03/07 - 12:35 pm
Yes there are and everyone

Yes there are and everyone who CAN should give what they have to spare! Merry Christmas to all!

change display name
change display name 12/03/07 - 12:39 pm
We went to Wal-Mart the other

We went to Wal-Mart the other day and put some change in the Salvation Army bucket. They said "Merry Christmas." Twice. Don't go by what others tell you. Listen for yourelf. I also went through the cards at CVS. Some had "Merry Christmas" on them, but all of them were ugly. I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/03/07 - 01:43 pm
LOL. I have spent years

LOL. I have spent years trying to find the Holy Family that looked like they really lived in that area. St. Joseph hardly ever even had a tan! Since he was much older than Mary and worked as a carpenter, surely he would have at least had a tan if he didn't already have a darker complexion than most cards portray. I did find a tiny snow globe with a Nativity scene with St. Joseph nice and tanned up. Got that even though it's not likely there would be snow there, so that is kind of an odd way to portray it. Wouldn't you know that's what one of the pellets went all the way across the whole living room and hit when my windows got shot out? The little globe didn't even make it through its first Christmas in my home. I left it right there in it's place of honor, broken as it was, until the feast of the Epiphany.

charlesmanson
charlesmanson 12/03/07 - 02:37 pm
look at it like this

look at it like this baroness, we don't know how the temperature was 2,000 years ago.i hardly believe that people could live in caves and straw huts with temps in the teens and only have fire to keep warm with,how could they withstand 100+ degree days with no fans or anything?i don't recall any mention of weather in the bible.hey augustamom happy holidays! from a secret admirer.(there she goes running to the windows to peep out, she heard a car door slam). i was the clown at the dunking booth at the fair.remember you and your sawed off husband tried to throw softballs at me but couln't reach over the gate because you're both munchkins.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/03/07 - 03:16 pm
charlieyonce, I'm STILL not

charlieyonce, I'm STILL not going to make you any meatloaf. Merry Christmas! Augustamom, tell him if he wants to secretly admire you, he shouldn't tell you! LOL

dbc
dbc 12/03/07 - 03:43 pm
most of the new car washes

most of the new car washes re-cycle the water

MATTERS2ME2
MATTERS2ME2 12/03/07 - 03:46 pm
Has anyone noticed that on

Has anyone noticed that on Demand doesn't have many CHRISTMAS movies to watch...during halloween.. every other movie was a scary one.. I would love to watch some good old Christmas movies."HOUSE WITHOUT A CHRISTMAS TREE", "WONDERFUL LIFE","WALTONS HOMECOMING",
"WHITE CHRISTMAS".. there are many more...just to name a few..

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs