Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

I DIDN'T THINK I would live long enough to see a president dumber than Jimmy Carter but I did.

BILL CLINTON STATED that Hillary should be president because half the world is mad at the U.S. I wonder if that is the half we support with our food and money, or the half we protect with our blood and troops?

A RANT TO jail. My boyfriend has been in there for 15 months now awaiting to go to court. We haven't heard anything about a court date or even heard from his lawyer in months.

A RAVE FOR the Monday business section. I just love it.

A RANT FOR North Augusta High School. The girls' bathrooms are dark and dirty.

A RAVE FOR Judge Overstreet. Thank you very much for giving my grandson his life back.

THE HIGH-TECH lynching of Dave Barbee shows how ignorant the leaders of Augusta are.

I LOVE BILL KIRBY'S article. I would quit taking the paper if it leaves the paper.

RANT TO Bill Kirby about the postcards. The only people who care about reading that is the people who write them and their relatives.

A RAVE FOR the south Augusta fire department for answering my call so quickly in a lighting strike that caused a fire close to our home. Keep up the good work.

If you have an opinion you want to share with other newspaper readers, you may call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augustachronicle.com.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:30 pm
INDEED RSR... but dont shut

INDEED RSR... but dont shut em down... i know i claimed racism but white bread is my favorite! haha

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:31 pm
what kind of bread do gypsies

what kind of bread do gypsies like?

redneck einstein
redneck einstein 09/24/07 - 01:32 pm
AugustaMom--I had a neighbor

AugustaMom--I had a neighbor that stole from me too. He was bad about trying rto steal my fishing rods in my garage. So I set him up. I left my garage door cracked and a rod lying on the ground. Parked my truck in the back and waited in the garage for him. Just like clockwork, he came over. He forced my garage door open and when he reached in to grab the reel, I hit him in the forearm with a softball bat. That served as an anti rod stealing device.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:32 pm
Rose and baroness...maybe the

Rose and baroness...maybe the people had bad gas that lived there...and lost the soap. You never know.

charles yonce
charles yonce 09/24/07 - 01:33 pm
i've never wavered on

i've never wavered on hillary. i don't think she is the greatest candidate,but she's about the best we have,plus we have biden,edwards,obama that would all make a dynamite team.if she gets the nomination i will vote for her.she looked so professional on meet the press.it's so refreshing to see an intelligent,and well read person speak to the cameras,with no gaffes,or pauses.like the brits said in 04 how could 62 million voters be so dumb?i voted for kerry,and i didn't vote in ohio so diebold didn't vote for me.surprised you aren't at the u.n. with the brainwashed protesters rsr.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:37 pm
I am voting for God for

I am voting for God for president. If he can be sued, he can be voted for.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/24/07 - 01:39 pm
american1st Your experience

american1st Your experience is my experience. I empathize. I am very disappointed that prejudice and racism still exist. I am proud of blacks and whites who rise above it. I know so many fine people of every race, gender and age that are hugely disappointed that so many are not learning from the mistakes of the past. When I moved here and found America was not the united place I thought it was when I had to travel as a military dependent, I thought surely in 10 years things will be better if we all work toward it. 40 years later, in some ways it seems worse. Don't lose heart, there are still people striving for ideals and unbiased justice.

Augusta Mom
Augusta Mom 09/24/07 - 01:39 pm
That's the problem,

That's the problem, Baroness...they retaliate if they find out you reported them. You have to be very careful. And I think some cops actually tell them who called too.

redneck einstein
redneck einstein 09/24/07 - 01:41 pm
popkorn--If hillary is so

popkorn--If hillary is so intelligent, why did she fail the bar so many times? You never cease to amaze me with your thoughts, but I have to respect them because they are atleast consistent. Hillary has been proven to be a plagiarist, a thorn in her husband's presidential term, and just plain not very intelligent.

Augusta Mom
Augusta Mom 09/24/07 - 01:41 pm
Isn't it kind of odd that

Isn't it kind of odd that gypies buy their cars locally? I always thought they bought them somewhere else.

Rose
Rose 09/24/07 - 01:43 pm
Here is a link to the story

Here is a link to the story about the 13 yr old in Virginia who was beaten up by a group of teenagers because of his skin color. The 13 yr old is white.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:44 pm
they are here right now

they are here right now augusta mom

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:48 pm
playa your sandwich is ready

playa your sandwich is ready you want that toasted?

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:48 pm
Sell them a car playa...make

Sell them a car playa...make that money!

Rose
Rose 09/24/07 - 01:50 pm
I watched the video of the

I watched the video of the beating. It is so sad. I don't understand why there is so much hate today.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:52 pm
misscj.. i answer phones...

misscj.. i answer phones... but the sales people say its hard to b/c they just hand over a wad of cash and you cant sell a car like that.....?? i dont know. CRAB: not toasted today... i like it cold!!!! but can you tell me what kind of bread gypsies like?

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:53 pm
Rose, I think people all over

Rose, I think people all over the world have gone crazy.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:54 pm
Playa...forget the phones,

Playa...forget the phones, get your hiney out there, strut your stuff, and sell that car girl! You can do it!

redneck einstein
redneck einstein 09/24/07 - 01:54 pm
I just watched the video of

I just watched the video of the white kid getting beat up by seven black kids. That is sickening. Now, I'm going to make a lot of people mad in here, so buckle up. If those seven kids were white, what kind of outrage would black leaders be screaming? Buses would be fueled and cameras would be everywhere. Al and Jesse would be all over it. But as white americans, we cannot protest, because it just isn't right. Well, for some of you it isn't. But I say this. Those 7 boys are racists and they should be charges with a hate crime. Lock them up like animals and put them away. There is a HUGE double standard in this country that we ignore. You know it, I know it and the world knows it. We have BET, Ebony magazine, NAACP, Affirmative Action...all this leads to an us against them mentality. It ain't working folks. What happened years ago was wrong and it flat out was stupid. But you can't fix stupid. And you dang sure can't let those 7 boys walk away from this. Pure thugs.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:55 pm
They like "free" bread.

They like "free" bread.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/24/07 - 01:56 pm
Rose, its OK that a group of

Rose, its OK that a group of blacks beat up a white kid, after all the kids great great great great grandparents may have owned slaves.

redneck einstein
redneck einstein 09/24/07 - 01:56 pm
playa--they like bread they

playa--they like bread they can steal and then bring back. They also like women with no chins and big hair. Lots of jewelry and bright shiny clothes.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:57 pm
LOL @ vulcan...you have a

LOL @ vulcan...you have a point there Vulcan!

dani
dani 09/24/07 - 01:58 pm
POPkorn...When you hear

POPkorn...When you hear Hillary and the other candidates, they are reciting what a speechwriter wrote for them. They have their cheat sheets and they memorize from there.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:59 pm
Can you take back subway

Can you take back subway bread? That makes me mad to know that. Just think of all the refunds I missed out on!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 02:01 pm
you should see the woman come

you should see the woman come in without their hair and make-up did... its gross... they have zits that look like they could pop in your eye standing 8 feet away and split ends all the way to their scalp!

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/24/07 - 02:01 pm
My point is that in a fight,

My point is that in a fight, it does not, or should not mater what someones race is. A physical fight is wrong, the first person to resort to violence is the first person to run out of ideas. I am not talking about self defence here, but fighting over someone said this that or the other thing. As anyone that knows me knows, I am not in any way shape or form a raciest.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 02:01 pm
who wants peter bread? or is

who wants peter bread? or is it peta who knew!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 02:04 pm
firehouse aint got no black

firehouse aint got no black bread yo

mojoinaugusta
mojoinaugusta 09/24/07 - 02:04 pm
yes but they sanwitches so mo

yes but they sanwitches so mo better