Rants and Raves

Comments from our readers:

I DIDN'T THINK I would live long enough to see a president dumber than Jimmy Carter but I did.

BILL CLINTON STATED that Hillary should be president because half the world is mad at the U.S. I wonder if that is the half we support with our food and money, or the half we protect with our blood and troops?

A RANT TO jail. My boyfriend has been in there for 15 months now awaiting to go to court. We haven't heard anything about a court date or even heard from his lawyer in months.

A RAVE FOR the Monday business section. I just love it.

A RANT FOR North Augusta High School. The girls' bathrooms are dark and dirty.

A RAVE FOR Judge Overstreet. Thank you very much for giving my grandson his life back.

THE HIGH-TECH lynching of Dave Barbee shows how ignorant the leaders of Augusta are.

I LOVE BILL KIRBY'S article. I would quit taking the paper if it leaves the paper.

RANT TO Bill Kirby about the postcards. The only people who care about reading that is the people who write them and their relatives.

A RAVE FOR the south Augusta fire department for answering my call so quickly in a lighting strike that caused a fire close to our home. Keep up the good work.

If you have an opinion you want to share with other newspaper readers, you may call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augustachronicle.com.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:26 pm
what kind of smell rose?

what kind of smell rose? like drugs or dead bodies or what?

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:27 pm
yuck! anyone remember John

yuck! anyone remember John Wayne Gacy....

american1st
american1st 09/24/07 - 01:31 pm
I grew up in a very racist

I grew up in a very racist home. I vowed that racism was something I would not teach my children. God blessed me with one son. For the first 7 years of his life he grew up overseas.
When he got to the age that he wanted to know why people were different, color, race, religion, etc. I told him that no two people in the whole world were the same. That God made everyone different and that was OK. He should always respect everyones differences that being different didn't mean someone was bad. He was happy with that and for 7 years had no problem with anyone. Then we moved to Maryland where he attended a school that was 60% black. Within 4 months he was coming home saying he hated blacks. When I asked him why he said they were mean, bad mouthed, called him names and wouldn't let him play with them. Some even pushed and bullied him. Racism is a two way street. It isn't only the whites who need to fix it. Until both sides educate their children it will never end.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 09/24/07 - 01:32 pm
Nancy reagan's clown friend

Nancy reagan's clown friend

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:32 pm
I went to Subway, and they

I went to Subway, and they automatically gave me white bread. I cried racism but the squirted mustard all over me and kicked me out. Subway, the wrong way!

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:34 pm
roy: you got it he was a very

roy: you got it he was a very scary man, kinda like Jeffrey Daimer(sp) there are some really freaky peeps in the world.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 09/24/07 - 01:35 pm
I lived in the Chicagoland

I lived in the Chicagoland area when all the Gacy stuff was happening.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:39 pm
crab why scream racism? i

crab why scream racism? i didnt know they had black bread?

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:40 pm
I was thinking the other day

I was thinking the other day that I want to be reincarnated as a gangster like John Gotti maybe, I dont want to hurt anyone, I just want to dress nice have a driver and a flashy car. I could be called the teflon crab.

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:41 pm
there are GYPSYS (irish

there are GYPSYS (irish travelers) everywhere today!!!! one was in here talking about how hard it is to buy a car.. and i told him i never have.. my g-parents bought mine and ive had it since i was 16.... he said why dont you take me out back to see it.... when i said "see what?" he raised his eyebrows and winked at me....i threw up in my mouth a little

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:42 pm
playa, they have hispanic

playa, they have hispanic bread, it is a little darker than the white bread, and I got a little hot under the collar. Now my collar is stained with yellow mustard!

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:44 pm
playa, they tried to

playa, they tried to "recruit" a friend of mine to "donate", he was really freaked out by it. this was a few years ago but they are some crazy mo fos.....

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:47 pm
They also have Italian bread.

They also have Italian bread. What do they have against Italians at Subway???

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 01:52 pm
thats why I want to come back

thats why I want to come back as a gangter you have to be Italian to be a made crab!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:53 pm
they've tried to recruit my

they've tried to recruit my step dad too! but this guy he didnt offer me any money or anything he just basically incinuated that he wanted to run out to my car real quick... you think he was trying to turn me..and get me prego?.... dang pikeys!

Rose
Rose 09/24/07 - 01:53 pm
PlayaFace, I don't know what

PlayaFace, I don't know what the smell coming from that house is. she said she was going to report it.I told her it could be a meth lab. I know if I smelled strange oders, I would report it right away.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:53 pm
Crab meat on Italian

Crab meat on Italian bread...Subway will serve you up...better watch yourself.

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:54 pm
Do gypsies have tattooes?

Do gypsies have tattooes?

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 01:55 pm
me too rose... crab and

me too rose... crab and misscj we should report subway for not having black bread!!!! this is pure racism!

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 01:58 pm
Somebody call Al Sharpton!

Somebody call Al Sharpton! Quick!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 02:03 pm
misscj i think its against

misscj i think its against their religion...ive never seen any have any... and ive never seen any come into the shop

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 02:05 pm
What about green moldy bread?

What about green moldy bread? If so, you know they will use that in their defense so you can't claim racism playa.

Fire n Ice
Fire n Ice 09/24/07 - 02:10 pm
Police in Norfolk, Va., are

Police in Norfolk, Va., are investigating whether an alleged attack against a 13-year-old boy that witnesses caught on tape Saturday was racially motivated, WAVY-TV reported Monday.

Foxnews.com

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 02:13 pm
indeed.... crabby where did

indeed.... crabby where did you go

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 02:17 pm
im here, yea Subway wanted to

im here, yea Subway wanted to chop me up like a piece of tuna! the gypsies want me, thats it I need to get into the CPP (crap protection program)

misscj0123
misscj0123 09/24/07 - 02:18 pm
Sounds fishy to me crab.

Sounds fishy to me crab.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 02:18 pm
crab I mean I just called

crab I mean I just called myself crap lol lol

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/24/07 - 02:20 pm
yea, Subway should have

yea, Subway should have Indian bread, Asian Brad, Columbian bread, Thai bread, Russian bread, and my favorite, playa bread!

PlayaFace
PlayaFace 09/24/07 - 02:24 pm
i'll take a crab and miss

i'll take a crab and miss cheese on playa bread please!!!!

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 09/24/07 - 02:26 pm
Rose, the people we knew that

Rose, the people we knew that had odors coming out of the house were trafficking cocaine, but they were believed to be manufacturing other drugs, too, that coincided with the chemical odors we would smell that drove some of the neighbors to move. The chemist next door recognized the smells and said he thought they were going to blow up the house by accident. The drug house owners had friends walk to their home carrying bags of stuff as night fell, the house would go dark, the mother and the children would leave for the night, the father would guard the front door, the only light in the house would be seen flickering in the frontroom window the angle of which would indicate it was on the kitchen table and after midnight, young men on bikes would come swooping down the driveway from the back of the house and head off in different directions, quietly, no bike lights. I reported them over and over for years, but they only caught the husband after he moved, and only for possession under first offender. Some of their drug-trafficking network were also caught during noise complaints and suspicious activity reports. Nearly every time we were targeted for retaliation. Nightmare.

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...