Rants and raves

Comments from our readers.

WHY DON'T THE COMMISSIONERS and mayor get stores and restaurants to come back to the Riverwalk? People used to love going to the Riverwalk. There was nothing like doing that in the evening, having a nice safe walk with your loved ones and family. But the security went out the window. The punks and thugs took it over.

A RAVE TO Andy Cheek for the fantasy world of the canal idea. But we don't want him to forget First Friday! He needs to find a magical person who can walk on water to entertain all those people sitting under the umbrellas and riding their canoes or riding along the canal.

I'VE NOTICED SINCE I've lived in Augusta that The Chronicle has taken over the front page for sports. Is that a Georgia thing?

A HUGE RAVE The Chronicle. Bless you for making the puzzle page where I can read it again! Thank you so much.

RANT TO The Chronicle for promoting tattoos with their recent articles. Don't you know that tattooing is against the Bible and God? Check out Leviticus 19:28.

IN REFERENCE TO the person who had the tattoos and she said that she wasn't a danger to anyone. Well, I'm 76 years old and I'm afraid of people with tattoos.

THIS IS ABOUT THE third time I've called and my rants have not been printed, but someone needs to tell Bob Smith how unprofessional he looks without his coat on.

TO THE MENTALLY challenged person near the Augusta airport who stopped out of the blue. It appears you stopped for a dead raccoon on the side of the road and you almost caused a wreck.

A RANT TO THE doctor who announced his retirement in the newspaper rather than by a letter to his dedicated, regular, frequently seen patients. What a shock to learn of his retirement in such a cold, heartless way.

TO THE PERSON ranting that Elvis got front-page coverage, and wanting to know where Jesus' front page is: First of all, my Jesus conquered death and is alive and well on his throne at the right hand of God. And secondly my Jesus gets the front page every Easter, Christmas and several times in between.

ON DAYS WHEN IT seems like the world is down on me and I'm even down on myself, and a Southern belle calls me "Honey" or "Sweetie," its like therapy, only it don't cost me a penny.

A RAVE FOR RYAN'S on Bobby Jones. Your breakfast bar is the best we've had in a long time.

A BIG RAVE FOR those laws in South Carolina for keeping sex offenders a thousand feet away from all child care facilities. I think it is a great idea.

A RANT TO THE person who wrote they hope I go to jail for turning my music up louder. I used to be polite about it and turn it down at red lights, but now I keep it up just because I know it aggravates people.

If you have an opinion you want to share, you may call the Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augusta chronicle.com.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/18/07 - 03:09 am
Tattoos may be against the

Tattoos may be against the bible, but the news is the news. The AC should not be in the business of slanting the news to fit the bible. The Tattoo convention, happened in Augusta, and the AC would have been wrong not to cover it. Murder is also against the Bible, are you saying the AC should quit covering them? Guess the rest of the R&R folks are still sleeping.

Martinez
Martinez 09/18/07 - 03:28 am
To the 76 year old who is

To the 76 year old who is afraid of Tattoes - people over time have been afraid of everything from rock n roll to those of other ethnicities - being afraid doesn't always really mean the thing one is afraid of is dangerous... more often just lesser known and unfamiliar.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/18/07 - 03:45 am
Although I don't have a

Although I don't have a Tattoo, and don't want one, I don't find anything wrong with folks that do get them. Some of them are nice people and some are real jerks......Hmmmm, sounds just like the folks that don't have tattoos?

bccinco
bccinco 09/18/07 - 03:50 am
Check out Leviticus 19:27

Check out Leviticus 19:27 "'You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.". You must look like ZZ Top with some awsome mutton chops to go with the beard.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/18/07 - 04:00 am
LOL,, BCC, dont think the

LOL,, BCC, dont think the Army will let me get away with that?

CyndiCk
CyndiCk 09/18/07 - 04:15 am
I've got only my yellow rose

I've got only my yellow rose tattoo that I had done in Texas. Nothing to be scared of.

bccinco
bccinco 09/18/07 - 04:23 am
I know what you mean VR. I'm

I know what you mean VR. I'm in the Army Reserves here in Texas.

NEone
NEone 09/18/07 - 04:25 am
Maybe the previous rants

Maybe the previous rants about Bob Smith's "unprofessional" appearance were not published because they were dumb? Let the guy read his weather reports. How does a suit coat change the weather? And newscasters all over America do the same thing. Give it up.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/18/07 - 04:32 am
BCC, thanks for your service,

BCC, thanks for your service, but you got some crazy folks down there in TX. Check this out http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,297122,00.html

bccinco
bccinco 09/18/07 - 04:45 am
Yeah, for some reason Texas

Yeah, for some reason Texas has a lot of crazy, homicidal types.

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 09/18/07 - 05:48 am
Leviticus 19:19 also says "Do

Leviticus 19:19 also says "Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material." If you're reading your Bible wearing a cotton/polyester blend shirt, remember it's flammable - you'll burn in hell.

PFLY775
PFLY775 09/18/07 - 06:40 am
Live and let live. When

Live and let live. When people stand before God, they have to answer for no one but themselves. Some folks are feeling frisky and get a tattoo. What did you do to kick up your heals when you were young?

heartablazing
heartablazing 09/18/07 - 06:43 am
Old slogan:" What happens in

Old slogan:" What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" New slogan: "What happened in Vegas might keep OJ in Vegas" Heard that on channel 12 news this morning and thought it was funny. Now everyone back to tattoos and Leviticus.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 09/18/07 - 06:48 am
LOL, that is a good one

LOL, that is a good one Hearta.

pofwe
pofwe 09/18/07 - 07:08 am
Bob Smith is perfect, LAY-OFF

Bob Smith is perfect, LAY-OFF of him.

heartablazing
heartablazing 09/18/07 - 07:08 am
Keep watching the news, after

Keep watching the news, after all of OJ's buddies get arrested for this incident, the glove will come back out of the evidence room. Prosecuters have got their hands on the box right now.

pofwe
pofwe 09/18/07 - 07:12 am
Music player you are an

Music player you are an instigator. ... Did I just rap?

Goaliemom1987
Goaliemom1987 09/18/07 - 07:15 am
I am 40 something' I have

I am 40 something' I have worked with kids in our local school system for 11 years now...guess what I have a tattoo and I know many educators that have them but are placed so they cannot be seen. No need to be afraid we won't hurt you!

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 09/18/07 - 07:15 am
They've never printed any of

They've never printed any of the three rants I've posed to them over the years, either, the latest being submitted almost two weeks ago. It is as follows: This is a rant for the man in the white or light colored mini van who on the evening of Aug. 25th hit my truck in the parking lot of Sconyers. When it became obvious to him he wasn't going to be able to back his van (due to loose gravel), AFTER hitting me he had them announce over the intercom I should move my legally parked vehicle. He didn't even have the decency to say what he had done. The damage was minor as it occurred on my taillight lenses so he compromised his principles for so little, which speaks volumes of his integrity, or lack thereof. Although I won't see it, I do know what goes around comes around, perhaps even in spades.

what
what 09/18/07 - 07:29 am
To the 76 year-old who is

To the 76 year-old who is afraid of people with tattoos: I am a 36 year-old professional woman with a tattoo on my lower back. The only time it is seen is when I decide to wear clothing, usually on the weekends when I'm on my motorcycle or at the beach, that allows it to be seen. Oh...and I plan on getting a second tattoo on the back of my neck. It also will only be seen when I choose to show it.

myobgdi
myobgdi 09/18/07 - 07:49 am
To the person ranting about

To the person ranting about how the doctor retired. Maybe he's sick, or maybe he didn't want to have to deal one more time with a whiner like you. He doesn't owe you anything, especially since you think he is cold and heartless.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
19157
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/18/07 - 07:50 am
So what do ya'll think of the

So what do ya'll think of the Lawmaker suing God?

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/18/07 - 07:50 am
"a dead raccoon" [filtered word], did he

"a dead raccoon" [filtered word], did he think he could help it? Mornin nice people!

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 09/18/07 - 07:53 am
I think tatts are bad [filtered word], I

I think tatts are bad [filtered word], I am going to get a tatt of a chicken leg with string attached to it so I can go crabbin!

stumpjumper
stumpjumper 09/18/07 - 07:54 am
To the idiot that thinks his

To the idiot that thinks his loud, profain, boistrous, makesnosence music. Bring your smart a-- to Myrtle Beach and they will introduce you to music decibles 101 in the City jail. I like most, think it is rediculous and noone but an idiot would entertain such an idea. Tattoos are also known as a TRAMP STAMP in Myrtle Beach . They really look cool on these elderly people.

createyourfuture
createyourfuture 09/18/07 - 08:04 am
slow news day

slow news day

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
19157
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/18/07 - 08:05 am
Good Morning Folks, sign up

Good Morning Folks, sign up here for your raccoon CPR class.
It'll only cost you a dollar $2.98. Get it while he's still warm!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
19157
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/18/07 - 08:07 am
It that fails we also have a

It that fails we also have a wild game recipe book, yours for only $19.95 plus S&H, But wait that also includes a tin foil spatula, the latest thing in dropping your food on the floor for that grainy texture!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
19157
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 09/18/07 - 08:09 am
I want a tattoo of my hero

I want a tattoo of my hero Crabcakes, with lips and pinchers across my posterior, so everyone can kiss him!

pointstoponder
pointstoponder 09/18/07 - 08:10 am
To the ranter cranking up the

To the ranter cranking up the car sound system enjoy it while you can. The damage you are doing to your hearing is permanent. Laugh now, but the permanent ringing you will get in your ears in a few years will annoy you much more than your music annoys me.

Alexander Drive rezoning sought for grocer

Augusta planning commissioners will hear a request Monday to rezone property near the intersection of Washington Road and Alexander Drive for a "grocer use."