Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

COLUMBIA COUNTY ain't bad, but have you tried to drive there? It's a madhouse.

I WAS A PATIENT at Trinity Hospital. From pre-op to the day I was dismissed after surgery, everyone I came in contact with was so helpful. Thanks again.

A RANT FOR THE BILLBOARD featuring Gwen Fulcher Young on the Calhoun Expressway. Her eyes follow my car and it looks like she wants to eat me!

ON THE WAY to Hilton Head recently, we read signs in South Carolina saying $1,000 fine and prison term for littering streets and roads. We should have the same law in Georgia.

A RAVE FOR James B. at Verizon. Thank you for helping out me and my daughter with her cell phone.

I COULD HAVE told CBS that Katie Couric wasn't going to win them the evening news ratings. The evening news is depressing enough without that sad sack giving the news.

HEY, NEIGHBOR, THAT police report you filed was totally a lie. I wonder if your employer would like to know what you are into?

TO THE IDIOT ranter who thinks the Republican ship is sinking. The only Rats we have thrown off our ship are DEMO-RATS!

IN RESPONSE TO comments by Frank Spears that not enough Columbia County voters came out to support Whitehead: That's true but the real truth is that many of us, Columbia County Republicans, are fed up with the likes of Whitehead, Ron Cross, Mercer and others.

IS IT NECESSARY in the Your Faith newspaper section, to use the radfem, anti-God, left wing "his or her" that only shows where the radfems have proven successful with their frightening political correctness campaign?

A HUGE RANT to the people advocating spending a small fortune to keep the Golf Hall of Fame open. You should be more concerned about the homeless adults and children who have nowhere to sleep.

A RANT TO the person who thinks travel ball is a waste and callin' people suckers. My daughter was at a softball tournament one weekend, college-sponsored, and she had two college scouts come up to her. So no, we're not wasting our money. I'm sorry about your son.

PEOPLE WHO WILL go to the polls in a runoff election are the people who want honest government and will go the extra mile to receive it.

RANT FOR the Richmond County DMV in South Augusta. It needs to be relocated to a new building or remodeled. I recently went to renew my tags and the temperature inside the building was too hot. Employees and clients should not have to be exposed to this extreme heat on a daily basis.

THIS IS A RANT to the person complaining about speeders on Wrightsboro road between Dyess parkway and Grovetown. This individual is probably one of the people I get stuck behind everyday going 35 mph in a 55 mph zone. That road is marked 55 mph and you are probably one of the people who are totally unaware of that.

RANT TO the Richmond County Sheriffs department for not seeing it in their hearts to recognize the American flag nor the national anthem during the recent drag boat races. Shame on you.

If you have an opinion, call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax (706) 722-7403 or e-mail newsroom@augustachronicle.com.

wildman
wildman 08/14/07 - 04:35 am
Ron "Double" Cross is leading

Ron "Double" Cross is leading Columbia Co. down the road to ruin.

Tim Walters
Tim Walters 08/14/07 - 05:34 am
To Frank Spears if you had

To Frank Spears if you had run instead of Whitehead there would have been Hundreds of gallons of gas saved' because no one would have went to the polls. You and a few others are the reason Whitehead is a tire salesman this morning.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 08/14/07 - 06:58 am
For the person bothered by

For the person bothered by the Fulcher sign, follow the example of many of the local drivers. Keep your eyes closed.

PAW
PAW 08/14/07 - 07:34 am
If you are 75 and older you

If you are 75 and older you should not have a license or a car. You are a menace to society when you get behind the wheel. You driving is worse than a drunk person on the street.....Instead of MAAD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers)....it should be MAODD (Mothers Against Old & Dangerous Drivers)......In my most humble opinionr

mpbcw
mpbcw 08/14/07 - 07:39 am
The litter law is in effect

The litter law is in effect in the the state of Georgia. You see a sign once in a blue moon. Like many others, it is not enforced.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 08/14/07 - 07:50 am
Great wake-up call, Patricia.

Great wake-up call, Patricia. LOL

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/14/07 - 08:00 am
PAW - Just wait until you

PAW - Just wait until you turn 75 - you'll be surprised!! :)
You have a slightly warped mind!!

loislane_10
loislane_10 08/14/07 - 08:08 am
someone please tell me how

someone please tell me how the well known gypsies are allowed to steal us blind and blatently commit incest yet are untouchable!!!

pofwe
pofwe 08/14/07 - 08:12 am
"she had two college scouts

"she had two college scouts come up to her," I wonder what they wanted? The time? Her name? Maybe just small talk. Coming up to somebody is a long way from a scholarship.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/14/07 - 08:12 am
PAW - and shame on you for

PAW - and shame on you for talking about your mother that way!

edst4
edst4 08/14/07 - 08:17 am
To Paw my mother is 81 years

To Paw my mother is 81 years old fit as fiddle has all her mental awareness and still drives. She is a safer driver than half the idiots out there. 1 she does not talk on a cell phone since she does not have one. 2 She does not ride somebodys bumper. 3 she does not speed. So Paw take your comment and put it deep where the sun does not shine.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/14/07 - 08:20 am
eds14 - my sentiments

eds14 - my sentiments exactly!!

loislane_10
loislane_10 08/14/07 - 08:20 am
for years these people remain

for years these people remain at large to pilfer and rob and steal and it seems that the law could do something about the fact that all the stolen money robbed from our community to build thier utopia could be investigated. they build palaces,drive expensive vehicles and i seriously doubt they even pay taxes!!!! SAVE THE POOR CHILDREN OUT THERE THAT HAVE NO VOICE. its nothing more than a cult!!!!!!! how much longer do you think this should be allowed to go on. GYPSIES ARE THIEVES AND CONS AND HAVE NO PLACE IN OUR COMMUNITY TO USE US AS THIER MEANS OF SUPPORT LEFT TO PICK AND CHOOSE POOR PEOPLE ON A DAILY BASIS!! HOW DO THEY CONTINUE TO GET AWAY WITH THIS. ITS AS THOUGH THE LAW IS BLIND OR IS IT A MONEY THING?

loislane_10
loislane_10 08/14/07 - 08:22 am
for years these people remain

ISNT INCEST AGAINST THE LAW???????

pofwe
pofwe 08/14/07 - 08:28 am
PAW, I hope you drive better

PAW, I hope you drive better than you think. Your kind of thinking is a sign of senility. You know ... thinking like you think 75 yr olds & older think, ... you think. I thank-you, I think. Stop thinking out loud. You disturb my attempt to think.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 08/14/07 - 08:42 am
We are off to a good start

We are off to a good start today!!!! I have had my coffee and I am ready to go!

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 08/14/07 - 08:44 am
crab - - - let her rip!!

crab - - - let her rip!!

misscj0123
misscj0123 08/14/07 - 08:50 am
Gypsies? Incest? How do you

Gypsies? Incest? How do you know these...Gypises?

misscj0123
misscj0123 08/14/07 - 08:51 am
Gwen is WATCHING you! LOL

Gwen is WATCHING you! LOL

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 08/14/07 - 08:53 am
Not all gypsies are bad, but

Not all gypsies are bad, but yes most are cons and will cheat you if given the chance. Plus they prey on elderly peeps which burns my pie hole.

reruns
reruns 08/14/07 - 08:54 am
I agree with PAW. I have

I agree with PAW. I have said it before and I'll say it again. When you reach a certain age you should be made to take a road course every year and have your vision and hearing checked as well. Lets start at the age of 55. I would gadly take these tests myself, if it means saving my life and others.

reruns
reruns 08/14/07 - 08:59 am
Have you ever seen a 4 or 5

Have you ever seen a 4 or 5 year old "gypsy" (irish traveler). They have their hair all done up like Jon Benet's (God Bless her soul). They wear heels taller than a 25 year old woman would wear.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 08/14/07 - 09:01 am
Try to drive in Orlando, I am

Try to drive in Orlando, I am not sure why they have stoplights, maybe for decoration?? nobody uses them, they just say as they go through the lights "wow darlin get my dentures and glasses off the floorboard and look at the pretty red lights"

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 08/14/07 - 09:06 am
kitty: they do dress up the

kitty: they do dress up the girls like well you know, and they talk very fast, they do very strange things, and how do the women afford to drive the fancy cars, they all have brand new BMW's and high end luxury cars.

rakkassan
rakkassan 08/14/07 - 09:25 am
If you look at most of those

If you look at most of those luxury cars you will see paper tags on them. They wiggle around getting their cars registered. I put one of them in jail a few years ago for several different reasons one of which was the car had not been registered in the 18 months that they owned it.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 08/14/07 - 09:26 am
rakk: do you work for RC or

rakk: do you work for RC or CC?

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 08/14/07 - 09:27 am
PAW...could you use some of

PAW...could you use some of your spare time to take people 75 years old and older to the places they need to go? Use your negative energy to come up with something positive.

rakkassan
rakkassan 08/14/07 - 09:28 am
Neither. Until a couple of

Neither. Until a couple of years ago I was a South Carolina State Trooper

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 08/14/07 - 09:31 am
I heard a song by Cher called

I heard a song by Cher called "Gypsies, tramps and thieves."

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 08/14/07 - 09:31 am
Cool, I have thought about

Cool, I have thought about working as a State Trooper, can I ask what was the reason you left law enforcement? Any other pointers I should know? Thanks in advance.