Rants and raves

Comments from our readers:

WHILE READING the Rants & Raves this morning I suddenly felt like I was in the zoo and all the monkeys were on the outside calling in.

IF OUR COMMISSIONERS don't get busy and try to work with the Medical College people to make some more room down here, they're going to end up in Athens.

TO THE PERSON complaining about Bush and the war: I don't want war, either, but at least he's not a coward like Clinton. They bombed the Towers and the USS Cole and Clinton was too busy with his sex life to protect the country.

FOR ALL THE Southern belles who keep calling me "Honey" or "Sweetie," I would prefer "yes" or "no." I don't like it and neither does my wife.

A HUGE RANT to just about every food delivering business in the city of Grovetown.

TO THE WRITER who said Abe Lincoln had nothing to do with the Civil War. That is like saying that King George had nothing to do with the original American Revolution.

DAILY POLL: What do you think about the early start to the 2008 presidential race? How about stupid? Take some of the millions they spend and help our troops.

I AM A NAIL TECHNICIAN who loves to do pedicures. Just a strong reminder during flip-flop season: Please, please, please, get a pedicure before subjecting the whole word to nasty cracked feet!

If you have an opinion, you may call the Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax 722-7403 or e-mail newsroom@augusta chronicle.com.

sherman
sherman 07/17/07 - 10:42 am
Comments are working now. We

Comments are working now. We apologize for the inconvenience.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 07/17/07 - 10:49 am
thanks sherman

thanks sherman

SON of Scoob
SON of Scoob 07/17/07 - 10:51 am
Hello Honey: Yes you should

Hello Honey: Yes you should go back to wherever you came from and NO you should not stay in the South because you don't have enough class.

rjay
rjay 07/17/07 - 10:52 am
To the (man) that does not

To the (man) that does not like the southern bells calling you names other then yes sir or no sir, Tell your wife to get a life. If she is that jealous of some woman and makes you feel bad enough to call in a rant you need to get a backbone or go back up north

misscj0123
misscj0123 07/17/07 - 10:54 am

Thank you "honey" for fixing the comments postings. You know, when people move here to the south, they need to try and adjust to southern culture. People here have passed down traditions for generations and that includes calling people honey and sweetie. All one has to do is politely say they prefer to NOT be addressed that way in conversation and I am sure, being the courteous southerners we are, we ladies will comply. We do ask, however, ...if you aren't getting that pedicure, please keep your feet covered. I hope all ya'll have a good day! (It's a southern thing).

maktheknife
maktheknife 07/17/07 - 10:55 am
I voted, have you done your

I voted, have you done your civic duty today? Reward yourself with a doughnut afterwards!

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 07/17/07 - 10:58 am
"nasty cracked feet" what is

"nasty cracked feet" what is the world coming to!

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 07/17/07 - 11:01 am
I have a bad back and can no

I have a bad back and can no longer bite my toenails, so I guess I better go get my feet professionally taken care of

noctur55
noctur55 07/17/07 - 11:01 am
I'm from the south, and after

I'm from the south, and after having lived in California and overseas, my main complaint with coming back, is how long it takes to get something done with some of the people here. When I go to Lowes, I don't want to hear the life story of the guy that is selling me a refrigerator. I don't like the casual attitude that alot of clerk types have. I don't care that it's hot outside. Just please do your job, and let me get on with my life.
That and I used to be proud of the confederate flag, until I saw the class of people that fly it around here.

maktheknife
maktheknife 07/17/07 - 11:02 am
I can't agree more, there is

I can't agree more, there is nothing worse that seeing someones nasty cracked feet and dirty toe nails sticking out of their flip flops. except maybe an empty doughnut box or spilled beer.

kiddspur
kiddspur 07/17/07 - 11:04 am
Long Live Southern Traditions

Long Live Southern Traditions -- if you don't like them then leave!!!!

misscj0123
misscj0123 07/17/07 - 11:04 am
Vulvan, when you can sand

Vulvan, when you can sand your car with your feet before you paint it, it's time for a pedicure! Tell your woman to take you to get one... LOL ...I doubt she's gonna bite your toenails for you!

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 07/17/07 - 11:05 am
I love it here we are chillin

I love it here we are chillin fo sho. I personally dont like the faster pace that the north tends to have.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 07/17/07 - 11:06 am
misscj: where can I find a

misscj: where can I find a good women to cook and do my toes for me?

misscj0123
misscj0123 07/17/07 - 11:07 am
If you can't find a good

If you can't find a good woman to do that for you Crab, I am sure there is a good guy out there somewhere who will.

taegrece
taegrece 07/17/07 - 11:08 am
To pearson talking about

To pearson talking about clinton go to sleep!!!! bush wish he had the mind of Presi. clinton bus ia a ignorant pearson who cheated his way into office and started his own WWAARR!!!!!!

SON of Scoob
SON of Scoob 07/17/07 - 11:09 am
Sweetie you are getting a lot

Sweetie you are getting a lot of attention. Hope your wife is not getting upset. By the way she can leave with you.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 07/17/07 - 11:10 am
Hi Yall I am Paula Dean! She

Hi Yall I am Paula Dean! She is so country and her show cracks me up, I think she drinks wine before she goes on. hahahaha

Galan Lewis
Galan Lewis 07/17/07 - 11:17 am
a rant to the nail

a rant to the nail technician, if you wouldn't charge $30 or more for a pedicure only for the polish to last only two to three days tops, then there might be more pretty toes and non-cracked feet in the world

misscj0123
misscj0123 07/17/07 - 11:19 am
actually you can give

actually you can give yourself a pedicure and it is pretty cheap princess. all you need is a foot stone,some good lotion, a nail file, and some toe nail clippers.

Galan Lewis
Galan Lewis 07/17/07 - 11:20 am
I now do my own, becuase of

I now do my own, becuase of this.

misscj0123
misscj0123 07/17/07 - 11:20 am
exactly!

exactly!

Galan Lewis
Galan Lewis 07/17/07 - 11:22 am
I swear I painted my toes

I swear I painted my toes last weekend, worked in the yard, jogged about two miles, and played in the dirt with my 5 year old, and they have not chipped at all. The last time I had my toes done, they lastest I swear only two days. I went to the lake after I had them done, and they started chipping. Wonder what the difference is in their polish and the ones that I use?

Galan Lewis
Galan Lewis 07/17/07 - 11:25 am
For all of us southerners out

For all of us southerners out here, Honey, sweetie, you and your wife take it as a compliment, and get on with your life.

misscj0123
misscj0123 07/17/07 - 11:25 am
Princess: Maybe the Nail Tech

Princess: Maybe the Nail Tech who loves to do pedicures could answer that question.

Galan Lewis
Galan Lewis 07/17/07 - 11:25 am
I'd really like to know.

I'd really like to know. Seriously.

Vulcan_Rider
Vulcan_Rider 07/17/07 - 11:27 am
Purple, Might want to wonder

Purple, Might want to wonder more about the lake water. MissCJ, are you saying I need to find a woman that will bite my toenails for me...LOL. I really don't think I could get my feet done, to ticklish

Jillian
Jillian 07/17/07 - 11:28 am
I use "sweetie" and "honey"

I use "sweetie" and "honey" all the time up North and have yet to meet anyone who doesn't love it! It's so much better than being called something mean isn't it?

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 07/17/07 - 11:28 am
well, the main diff. is the

well, the main diff. is the stuff nail techs use have the following chemicals in them: acetonitrile, benzyl chloride, cumene, cyclohexanol, 1,4-dichlorobenzene, epichlorohydrin, ethylene dibromide, 2-ethoxyethanol acetate, furfural, isophorone, 2-methoxyethanol, 2-methoxyethanol acetate, methyl chloride, and phenol. Not sure bout it, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

taegrece
taegrece 07/17/07 - 11:28 am
hey proudstupid! oh am sorry

hey proudstupid! oh am sorry i (mean PROUDSOUTHERN) i just wanted you to know, i read your comment on yesterday and its simple minded just like you. Tell me what you have against our great comm-marion williams, sir r u mad he want lay down and let certain people run over him or is it he know what he is talking about most of time and keeping thing from going the way you wanted or is because he is black. I will like to know what you have against him he is only doing his job that is what he got elected for right.