Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

RAVE IF AUGUSTA changes all investment bonds to be terror-free.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY had the nerve to put the Rev. Jesse (Jackson) in jail. How awful. Now put Marion Williams in there, too. They would make good cellmates.

HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATORS, please enforce rules regarding wearing of the green OR scrubs outside of your facility. With this new nontreatable staph becoming common in hospital environments, the last thing I wish to see in a restaurant at lunch is someone parading around in these.

RANT TO VENUS CAIN and Joe Scott for your behavior. You both need to report to the naughty chair.

I AGREE with the person who said something about the mayor worrying about the appearance of Augusta one time a year. I commute up and down Bobby Jones every day, and the only time I saw any trash being picked up off the side of the road (in 2007) was for Masters Week. You should see all the debris on the side of I-520. It's ridiculous.

VOTING DIVIDED BY change equals no change.

If you have an opinion you want to share, you may call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves line at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or send an e-mail to newsroom@augusta chronicle.com.

itamazezme
itamazezme 06/30/07 - 04:04 am
Not all people wearing scrubs

Not all people wearing scrubs work in healthcare, but I do see your point. Yet, after I've worked a 12hr. shift and have to return to do another and I need a gallon of milk, etc. the last thing on my mind is to drive all the way home, shower, change clothes and go back out. It is more convient to pick it up on my way home. Maybe, if the hospitals and nursing homes had some kind of uniform service and locker rooms with showers for their employees this would be a convient and cost effective solution for the employee by saving them time and the cost of uniforms while giving the employers a more consistent and professional looking staff. Although, I don't foresee this happening. Like all of healthcare the bottom line is about money and not what can be done to make the staff or patients happy. That's one of the reasons for the shortage of nurses and nurses aides. Low pay, more demanding work and hours and facilities not listening to the needs of their staff.

toenail
toenail 06/30/07 - 06:26 am
No Wonder Augusta/Richmond

No Wonder Augusta/Richmond County can’t attract new businesses to relocate here. If any business calls the Commercial tag division to get information on registering their commercial vehicles they will not get an answer, nor will anyone return their phone calls. I even called the tax commisions office and received the direct number to the lady that handles the commercial tags. Left 6 messages on here voice mail........Never received even 1 reply..............The messages were left over a 2 week time period. It's no wonder business chose other countys to move into.

pops1
pops1 06/30/07 - 07:01 am
toenail...you don't have that

toenail...you don't have that kind of problem with the columbia county appling office. they answer every question and every call.

getalife
getalife 06/30/07 - 07:15 am
All of these public service

All of these public service functions in Richmond county are run by people that have a "chip on their shoulder" and a "bad attitude"!! If private business did this, they would be "out of business".

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/30/07 - 07:16 am
yeah toenail, ARC tag offices

yeah toenail, ARC tag offices are the only ones in the nation that aren't easy to deal with. Whatever you do don't go to the office personally to get your tags, you'll probably have to stand in line. I'll sure be glad when ARC government services are as user friendly as those in all other counties.

owensjef
owensjef 06/30/07 - 07:29 am
I agree Pat, Not only the tag

I agree Pat, Not only the tag office but the Drivers License place is the worse.

teacher
teacher 06/30/07 - 07:49 am
As a teacher in Rich. Cty,

As a teacher in Rich. Cty, what happened to the books our students need.No money? But the administrator's annual salaries are only .93%(15Million) of our budget.
Dana, hold on to the seat of your pants, supposedly you are going to be the miracle worker.(yea right) J Atkins thanks for having the guts to stand by what you believe is right.

johnsmith
johnsmith 06/30/07 - 08:02 am
If you really are wearing

If you really are wearing scrubs that just came out of the OR, then it is incumbent upon you to do whatever is reasonable to be out of them before you interact with large numbers of other people. And yes, going home to shower and change is reasonable. If my baby gets staph and dies because you could not be bothered, then your excuses about being tired don't wash...

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 06/30/07 - 08:23 am
Jesse Jackson in jail??

Jesse Jackson in jail??

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/30/07 - 08:39 am
owensjef, why do you only

owensjef, why do you only agree with me when I'm being banally sarcastic?

intheknow
intheknow 06/30/07 - 09:15 am
Not to worry PT, I caught on

Not to worry PT, I caught on to it. LOL

kiddspur
kiddspur 06/30/07 - 10:07 am
Thursday somebody stole the

Thursday somebody stole the last donut, Friday it was the last apple fritter -- so what is missing today????

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 06/30/07 - 10:08 am
lol@ PT

lol@ PT

a2
a2 06/30/07 - 11:41 am
"Scrubs" can be bought off

"Scrubs" can be bought off the rack now in some stores. So when you see people wearing them it doesn't mean they actually work in a hospital envronment.

itamazezme
itamazezme 06/30/07 - 02:10 pm
johnsmith, I don't work in an

johnsmith, I don't work in an OR. But, don't be fooled by what the news tells you. There are other ways of contracting and passing MRSA and alot of other stuff that's not a hot topic at the moment.(most people don't even realize that they have MRSA, etc. because they don't suffer themselves, but are carriers) And your right it does take a concerted effort on everyone's part. The employer and the employees. The biggest thing for you to do for yourself and your childs well being is to wash your hands frequently throughout the day. Especially, during and after being out in public.

NANF
NANF 06/30/07 - 02:18 pm
About the tag office. I

About the tag office. I don't know if the one is still in South Augusta, but, quite a few years ago, I had to go apply for a handicap tag. Drs. orders in had, ins, everything that was required I was met at the counter by a fat , dirty woman that said she's never heard of Diabetes Malitis. ( not sure of correct spelling, but sounds the same ). Anyhow, she said she didn't care that I had the dr. form filled out, or anything else I had. She said I needed to get a DESCRIPTION of the medical problem so she understood it. Believe me, only God kept me from putting me on her stupid , dirty, fat level. I went out to Columbia county, gave them the paper work and left in a short time with my perm. handicap tag. Augusta people are nuts to putn up with stuff like that. I moved the next year to Col. co.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/30/07 - 03:16 pm
NANF, wait until affirative

NANF, wait until affirative action comes to columbia county.

johnsmith
johnsmith 06/30/07 - 06:17 pm
Ldybg, yes, I know. And I

Ldybg, yes, I know. And I know that half the people wearing scrubs are in some other profession. That does not affect what I said in my post, which is that IF your scrubs just came out of an OR, and IF you pass something along to me in the grocery store because, in your words, "It is more convient to pick it up on my way home." than to go change and shower, then you are doing the wrong thing. Maybe I should just go do some target shooting on my front lawn and not worry about where the stray rounds go. After all, the odds of actually _hitting_ someone are very slight...

ryarka
ryarka 06/30/07 - 06:18 pm
I agree the trash on the

I agree the trash on the highways is a terrible sight, but who put it there????

germang
germang 06/30/07 - 08:45 pm
There are such uneducated

There are such uneducated nasty people working on lumpkin rd tag office.Nobody wants to know hhat your fat bud ate the night before.Where are the supervisors in that office.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 06/30/07 - 09:04 pm
Maybe it's just my

Maybe it's just my personality, but I have never had trouble in the tag office or the drivers license office in Richmond County. I even had to get a handicapped sticker once for a time. They did not even ask any questions. Took the paperwork and gave me the temp-stiker. Put a smile on your face and act like you are glad to be there.

patriciathomas
patriciathomas 06/30/07 - 09:10 pm
you've got it AmericanRose. A

you've got it AmericanRose. A smile goes a long way toward getting things done. You have no power in a government office, might as well use sugar. My sarcasm on this subject was fun today.

Lucys Love
Lucys Love 06/30/07 - 10:46 pm
Patriciathomas, I live in

Patriciathomas, I live in Columbia County Thank God!!! I used to live in the Dump called Disgusta Georgia.........The grass is greener on the other side!!!

CantTrustaDumbocrat
CantTrustaDumbocrat 06/30/07 - 11:12 pm
NANF, if you live in Richmond

NANF, if you live in Richmond County and got mad at the ARC tag office person, how did you get a tag from Columbia County? Tags are issued by county residence. You have to get your tag in your own county. This is how they track the advalorem taxes. Tags are not like a drivers license that can be issued out of county, tags must be issued in your own county.

hisfaith2003
hisfaith2003 06/30/07 - 11:29 pm
Hello, my rant is about all

Hello, my rant is about all theives... If you want thingsget off your but and get a job.. people can't have things for you and people can't go anywhere for you. get a job get a job get a job. Parents take notice of your kids they are taking things that don't belong to them, and some are doing it by gun point. You all make me so sick. Be a man grow up and GET A JOB. And stop killing one another and clean up your act and get an education get off of these corners because you are making neighborhood look bad and bring down the value of our homes.Stop selling drugs, stop taking drugs stop giving drugs to kids because what you do to others we come back and kick you in the [filtered word]...Remember that!!!!!!

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...