Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

YES, PARIS HILTON is guilty of the same thing many of us have done. Some of us got caught; others are just plain lucky. Yes, Paris should have been penalized for her mistake, but not incarcerated. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, she's absolutely beautiful, stunning, sexy and extremely wealthy. I know she was born into her fortune, but I think she would have made it anyway. She's my horse if she never wins a race.

THE MOVIE Knocked Up has a curse word hundreds of times. The movie could have been enjoyable without this. A rant to Hollywood for producing trash like this.

RAVE: FOR SYLVIA COOPER. Ain't she the best?

I'M REALLY GROWING tired of the way women treat men. We are not all bad, and believe it or not a lot of us are better than some of the women out there. Give the good ones credit and the bad ones your bad attitudes!

A RAVE TO Mike Sleeper, Columbia County Board of Education member, for representing equality in public education. His lone vote against funding the Spanish program at Stevens Creek showed courage, even in view of the presence of local influential public figures at the board meeting. The pre-K issue is coming before the July 10 board meeting. I wonder if the votes will be favorable to save/help that program and preserve teachers' jobs throughout the county. And note, this program is not at Stevens Creek.

THE GOLF & GARDENS is not the only thing that was a public relations failure. One only has to look across the street to see another park that has absolutely zero allure. It reminds me of a solemn concentration camp or memorial one would stumble across in Europe. Also, its proximity to a very historically significant church and other historical buildings has been completely ignored by the designers of this park. Come on, Augusta, I love you, and I know we can do so much better with this beautiful gift of a city!

I JUST MOVED to Augusta and decided to try the transit system. The drivers were rude and drove like crazy people. They hit the curb so many times that I thought the tires would blow out. The drivers ran traffic lights and did not stop at the train crossing. One driver drove so fast that we passed every car on the road. Does anyone check these drivers? I will never endanger my life again by riding your system!

If you have an opinion you want to share with other newspaper readers, you may call The Augusta Chronicle's Rants & Raves live at (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to 722-7403 or send an e-mail to news-room@augustachronicle.com.

necodaddy
necodaddy 06/29/07 - 04:32 am
Who the heck cares about

Who the heck cares about Paris Hilton? She's a nobody with money. How is she important to anyone? She's a drunk, drug addicted party girl and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I'm tired of seeing her face glued on every newscast as if her going to jail is really news. If Paris Hilton going to jail is the biggest thing going on in the world, then we are definitely going in the wrong direction as a race of people.

pops1
pops1 06/29/07 - 05:37 am
well said necodaddy. she

well said necodaddy. she would have never made any money other than from the "oldest profession " in the world. hahahahahahaa sick of hearing about her too.

jack234
jack234 06/29/07 - 05:44 am
Does anyone know why noctu55

Does anyone know why noctu55 would change his name to Marion Williams? Admiration?

Reality
Reality 06/29/07 - 05:45 am
Some interesting reading I

Some interesting reading I found : Dr. Dana Bedden began his last position on 12/19/2004 as William Penn School District Superintendent at a salary of $145,000-a-year, he is the chief of a 5,500-student school district. The Anne Arundel County position, became available in the fall of 2005. It says a lot for his commitment that he didn't even wait a year. Sound familiar? He has no real experience with a county school district of this size nor comparable leadership responsibility. William Penn District has one high school, two junior high schools and eight elementary schools.

Reality
Reality 06/29/07 - 05:57 am
Before Dr. Dana Bedden took

Before Dr. Dana Bedden took the job here, a couple of weeks ago he was turned down by Horry County (Myrtle Beach,SC) He sure does like to go to job interviews..........

noctur55
noctur55 06/29/07 - 06:12 am
Anybody know why Jack234

Anybody know why Jack234 thinks the movie "Old Yeller" is a story about his teeth?

jack234
jack234 06/29/07 - 06:35 am
darn it, he's changed

darn it, he's changed again!!!

Honden
Honden 06/29/07 - 06:39 am
at least he didn't change it

at least he didn't change it to "donutman"

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 06:50 am
Darn It, I Called DIBS on the

Darn It, I Called DIBS on the last Apple Fritter and someone took it!!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 07:04 am
Call out the National Guard!

Call out the National Guard! I want my Apple Fritter!!!!!

redapples
redapples 06/29/07 - 07:08 am
Wow, some of you need to get

Wow, some of you need to get a job or something.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 06/29/07 - 07:18 am
I have a job and I want a

I have a job and I want a apple fritter too, I bet the crazy bus driver came by and took it. Maybe she will have a blowout and I will get my revenge! Thats a funny rant...also, who gives a crap about Paris. "She's my horse if she never wins a race." what is that suppose to mean??? Mr. Ed was smarter than Paris.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 07:19 am
Apparently you've never had

Apparently you've never had an Apple Fritter from the Pineland Bakery!

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 07:23 am
Paris Hilton, what a waste of

Paris Hilton, what a waste of blonde hair.
Dr. Bedden, I'm, seeing red flags.
When I see an Augusta Transit bus I go the other way,
reminds me of the demolition derby!
I'll bet that's where my apple fritter is.
Where's a superfriend when you need one??

Belchick
Belchick 06/29/07 - 07:41 am
I want to know something from

I want to know something from the rant from I'm really growing old. What makes you think the women need to change. In my experience men have been the cheaters, liars, mentally abusive, possesive and just down grade everything a women wants. Maybe you should step back and look at your friends realtionships and see if they are as perfect as they seem. I bet there not. And yes I don't trust men and probably a little bitter.

crabcakesandfootball
crabcakesandfootball 06/29/07 - 08:01 am
Belchick: your last sentence

Belchick: your last sentence says it all. You obviously dated a few "bad apples" and have formed an opinion that all guys are crap. I can assure you that this is not the case. Yes there are loser guys out there but please dont lump all of us into one category. I am a nice guy who like the above post has trouble meeting a nice female who doesnt cheat, lie, and want every last dollar I make. I am not bitter about it, I look at the positive out of every relationship I have been in and move on. Life is too short to be bitter. I thought for a minute I found my dream girl, at KK this morning. She was Director of chocolate dipping for the doughnuts.mmmmmmmm

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 08:10 am
Ooooohhh, Chocolate dipped

Ooooohhh, Chocolate dipped Apple Fritters!
I'm drooling!

thohen
thohen 06/29/07 - 08:19 am
Paris Hilton was guilty three

Paris Hilton was guilty three times. If you et one DUI/DWI, normally you just pay a fine, but she did it more than once so it was time to go to jail. Being above the law is a feeling many prominent people have about the laws in our country. But with the current administration having the same arrogant attitude, I can see why Paris feels above the law.

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 08:19 am
Belchick, in my observations

Belchick, in my observations people tend to gravitate to the same types of personalities over and over. If you are meeting those types then step back and reassess everything about the types you are getting involved with. Look at other people who have a different type of relationship and see what they have.
Maybe the bad boy, man in charge is not right for you. Try to meet someone from a different background, with different ideas.
After a few attempts and having the same results you speak of, I did. I met a wonderful person and learned to trust again. I found I had to make some positive changes for myself, for that to happen.

misscj0123
misscj0123 06/29/07 - 08:38 am
LMAO about the bus driver

LMAO about the bus driver rant. While the driver scared the pants off the poor passenger, that is just too funny to me. Another wonderful story about the city of Augusta!

misscj0123
misscj0123 06/29/07 - 08:40 am
I think I will sit back and

I think I will sit back and have another stolen donut and enjoy the show!

Belchick
Belchick 06/29/07 - 08:47 am
Thanks for the advice. But in

Thanks for the advice. But in all truth everyone I have dated has been from very diverse backgrounds with different home and business life. It just seems that men these days are not wanting serious realtionships and if they do its very short term.

locee
locee 06/29/07 - 08:48 am
The title to the movie is

The title to the movie is "Knocked Up". Obviously it was not going to be a clean movie.

Reality
Reality 06/29/07 - 08:51 am
Is this the dating chat room

Is this the dating chat room now?

Belchick
Belchick 06/29/07 - 08:55 am
Yep Honest... It started off

Yep Honest... It started off as a rant but has evolved.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 06/29/07 - 08:56 am
misscj, I think I will join

misscj, I think I will join you. OOOOOH, looks like I have one more apple fritter in the bag. This time I have my coffee. Nice time to take a break. Honest Beach Music, this is not the apple fritter you called DIBS on.

deekster
deekster 06/29/07 - 08:56 am
Bring back BOB BEST!!!!

Bring back BOB BEST!!!! Bring Back BOB BEST!!!! There was peace and everyone new there place.

AmericanRose
AmericanRose 06/29/07 - 09:16 am
Did everybody go on break.

Did everybody go on break. It has been over 15 minutes since last post.

a2
a2 06/29/07 - 09:19 am
knew

knew

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 06/29/07 - 09:24 am
Sorry, work actually had the

Sorry, work actually had the gall to interrupt my stressing over my apple fritter.

Ex-superintendent to write of miraculous recovery

Taking his doctor's advice, former Richmond County school superintendent Frank Roberson has nearly finished writing a 150-page book about his remarkable recovery from brain trauma.