Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

I RESIDE IN a subdivision near Grovetown. With all the barking dogs my neighbors have, I feel more like I'm living in a dog kennel.

I WOULD LIKE to know who gives completely insane idiots the power to keep changing our time and keeping our lives turned upside down. The moon, the stars and the sun can't change. So why keep changing the hands on the clock? We should all throw out our smart clocks and buy a cock-a-doodle-do.

CAN'T WE GIVE Marion Williams and Andy Cheek a buyout like Charles Larke? Now that would be a good waste of money.

I DON'T BELIEVE the teachers were cheating when they folded their cards. Every time I enter any drawing, I always crinkle my paper to make mine stand out just a little bit.

PEOPLE AS A WHOLE need to understand that everybody that works at the Richmond County Board of Education are taxpayers, too. I think that they are doing a great job for the kids. What people in Richmond County need to understand is that we are not baby sitters for their children but giving customer service.

I'M A RESIDENT OF Harlem, Ga., and I want to know why the post office does not have a drive-through drop-off? For someone handicapped like me, it would be nice to get one in Harlem.

THIS IS A RANT about those free hockey-puck sized mint thingies they put in the urinals at all the restaurants and bars around here. They never taste as good as they smell and the blue ones stain your mouth and fingers.

A BIG RAVE to Davidson Fine Arts School students and faculty for their first-rate, high-flying performance of Peter Pan. You added to the magic of springtime and eased the pain of a difficult week.

WHY CAN'T THE RAILROAD or DOT repair the crossing on Highway 56 near the Burke County line? It is so rough the road is littered with bark from logging trucks, causing a real hazard to everyone.

YOU ASK ABOUT A GOOD, solid reason about alcohol not being sold on Sunday. It causes people to have wrecks, lose function of themselves and it causes families to break up. Not to mention it allows people to go into other addictions. It's just wrong. Sunday is God's day, and if you don't understand that, then you have a problem.

MORE THAN $200,000 for taxpayers to pay for one railroad flagman in Columbia County? I'm in the wrong business.

I'D LIKE TO THANK the community of Blythe young people for their help in the Great American Cleanup.

I HAPPEN TO BE an Augusta native of 36 years. I have a rant regarding downtown. The trees are in the way. You can't see the buildings. There is so much history here that's being camouflaged. I'm not familiar with the certain trees that are growing. Are they anticipating them to grow higher than the buildings?

COLUMBIA COUNTY IS supposed to be perfect, but the adults in charge just decided they can't handle preschool?

KROGER WOULD BE a lot classier if their employees wore black or blue pants instead of the stupid red shirts and tan pants.

TO THE SLOWPOKE that says she obeys the laws and is tired of people riding behind her. Well, if they are on your bumper I bet there is one law you don't obey - the law that says the left lane is for passing.

SEN. JOHNNY ISAKSON IS trying to get a VA hospital name changed to honor Congressman Charlie Norwood. One, why change the name at all? And two, why do things always get named for politicians? Is Isakson just trying to keep this awful tradition going so that some day he'll get a log cabin named for himself?

THANKS TO THE PERSON who stole my grandson's bicycle over the weekend out of his yard. You disappointed an 11-year-old little boy who had been riding that bike everyday.

ForHim
ForHim 04/26/07 - 03:39 pm
kpc - I guess we'll have to

kpc - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I used to be a really crummy person with no intentions of becoming a Christian. Maybe something will happen in your life that will lead you elsewhere. But your last post to popkorn caught my interest at some of the things you said. Especially the parts where you say"you will see that you have just become accustomed to a way of living" and "you are not willing to change what you are accustomed to". I know you were speaking on a different subject, but we all don't want to change what we are accustomed to because we think it is going to impose on us or inconvenience us or even take us out of our comfort zone. What I didn't know and what a lot of people don't know is that God puts so much peace and happiness in our life that we almost can't stand it.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/26/07 - 03:43 pm
don1, I don't think we are

don1, I don't think we are disagreeing on a whole lot. Just the number of churches that are corrupt. You say a few, I say a lot. At least we do agree that some are and some are not. I have no scientific evidence to back that belief up, so I'm willing to accept that I may be wrong. We are really more alike than different.

winkelstein
winkelstein 04/26/07 - 03:46 pm
Hey Shepster, why don't you

Hey Shepster, why don't you write something original and not copy Neil Boortz's ideas...you idiot! People that articulate stupidity like you should get the snot slapped out of them.

What a loser....LOL!

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 04/26/07 - 03:46 pm
I think that it's important

I think that it's important for people of a faith to gather and have communion with one another and discuss the Bible and religion. A church is not necessary to do this but it does provide a place for people to gather and do so. Churches also do a lot of good things for the community. I don't claim to be a Christian because I believe that there is a certian way that a Christians should be and because I (obviously) have a lot of disagreements with organized religion and because I'm have very questioning and argumentative nature, however, I do attend a Church (mainly because I like to listen to the sermon) and attend a Bible study, because I do find the Bible to be a very interesting book. But I think that it's important for a person to grow spiritually to commune with others to question and discuss their faith.

rjay
rjay 04/26/07 - 03:51 pm
pam hubert, i'm like u , if

pam hubert, i'm like u , if you just give that 1000.00 u will have a place in line to get on the train to go to station to get in the boat to go to heaven. now for 2000.00??????????

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 04/26/07 - 03:52 pm
Pam what time is dinner?

Pam what time is dinner?

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/26/07 - 03:52 pm
Weekapaug, you said one thing

Weekapaug, you said one thing in particular that caught my eye. Question and discuss their faith. Some people seem afraid to question their faith. You really should....you maybe find out you were right all along, but at least you will know for sure.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/26/07 - 03:57 pm
I have to say I use to enjoy

I have to say I use to enjoy reading most of the comments and debates posted on this site but lately they have gotten downright hateful. Can't people discuss issues without degrading someone. "kpc" I enjoy reading your comments. Althought I don't always agree with you at least you keep a level head and don't resort to calling someone studpid, idiot, moron, loser, etc... Keep attending church "weekapaug05" and hopefully the Holy Spirit will worm his way into your heart! :)
Good to see your comments "don1" on today's forum. I started to comment myself but with all the hate going on today didn't think my tender spirit could handle it.

ForHim
ForHim 04/26/07 - 04:01 pm
week - there is hope for you

week - there is hope for you yet!!!! LOL!

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/26/07 - 04:02 pm
InChristLove....that's what

InChristLove....that's what this site is supposed to be all about. We may not always agree, but we can be civil.

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/26/07 - 04:07 pm
Some of us can be civil -

Some of us can be civil - some, well all I can say is the hate comes through loud and clear.

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 04/26/07 - 04:13 pm
Can I still hate, but with

Can I still hate, but with civility? It's kinda my thing and it works for me.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/26/07 - 04:20 pm
You can hate with civility,

You can hate with civility, as long as you keep the humor and sarcasim in there too.

Pam Hubert 1
Pam Hubert 1 04/26/07 - 04:38 pm
Week... Dinner is as soon as

Week... Dinner is as soon as my husband walks in the door he always comes homes to good hot meal.... remember Popkorn said I'm the all american housewife and that's how it's done huh!!! and It seem extremely clear that economics is not all Popkorn has no clue about But Week dinner is normally 5-6 and you are truly more than welcome

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 04/26/07 - 04:39 pm
Anyone going to the

Anyone going to the GreenJackets game tonight?

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 04/26/07 - 04:42 pm
Sorry Pam I don't think I can

Sorry Pam I don't think I can make it out to Lincolnton that quick, but I do love some fried porkchops and squash caserole. Thanks for the invite. Kinda makes me wish I went to Cafe 209 today.

farmer
farmer 04/26/07 - 04:44 pm
I see right now I am going to

I see right now I am going to have to share my corn with a bunch of you if you will appreciate the spirit in which it will be given

Pam Hubert 1
Pam Hubert 1 04/26/07 - 04:50 pm
Well there's a home cooked

Well there's a home cooked meal at this house everyday so if you are ever in our part of town your more than welcome along with everyone else even you popkorn cause i think it's been awhile for you

ForHim
ForHim 04/26/07 - 05:02 pm
dagnabbit - there's hope for

dagnabbit - there's hope for all of us. What time is supper! I'll bring the dried black eyed peas. Lord bless this food for the nourishment of our body and use our bodies for Thy service. Amen.

alethia
alethia 04/26/07 - 05:04 pm
Is that Corn Spirits

Is that Corn Spirits farmer...lol

Kerry Rhodess Wife
Kerry Rhodess Wife 04/26/07 - 05:08 pm
Every day should be Gods day.

Every day should be Gods day. Wrecks happen every day hundreds of times a day so alcohol not being sold on sunday makes no difference than if it were sold every day of the week. Find something else to complain about!!!!! People drink regardless of what day it is.

Pam Hubert 1
Pam Hubert 1 04/26/07 - 05:27 pm
okay you guys hubbie's home

okay you guys hubbie's home time for dinner and kids hope yall have a good night You too POP join yall for more great dicussions tommorow tilll the god bless you all "smile"

whatever1
whatever1 04/26/07 - 05:29 pm
shepster, If Pam is talking

shepster, If Pam is talking about the preacher from Warrenton GA, he killed himself.

Pam Hubert 1
Pam Hubert 1 04/26/07 - 05:31 pm
yes he did

yes he did

Inkjet
Inkjet 04/26/07 - 06:49 pm
Augusta is full of morons,

Augusta is full of morons, corrupt pigs, and child molesters.

edst4
edst4 04/26/07 - 06:49 pm
im tired of hearing about God

im tired of hearing about God in the rants and raves, not everybody belives in god, which is their decision. and its called discrimination when you harrass them for their belives, get a life people, and lets keep God out of this

rt1523c
rt1523c 04/26/07 - 08:27 pm
BUY THE FAIR TAX BOOK. It

BUY THE FAIR TAX BOOK. It will show you how we the PEOPLE can take back control of this country.... I agree with shepster....the end is near, be afraid, very afraid....

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/26/07 - 09:11 pm
Talking about god is not

Talking about god is not decrimination.

augrichgal
augrichgal 04/26/07 - 09:20 pm
re: MIDDLE SCHOOL

re: MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER--The Board of Eduction lied (how original), the teacher that supposedly broke-up the fight, was the one who instigated a fight with a student, another fellow student tried to pull the teacher off the student. Sounds like this one might need some real snooping into it. The children were hurt in this by the 6'7" teacher.

bone
bone 04/26/07 - 09:30 pm
great comments today - any

great comments today - any chance that i can buy alcohol on sunday just so i won't have to worry about stocking up since the end is near? lee, how do you come by your information? if a student is the source, be doubtful; if a teacher at the school is the source, believe it.

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.