Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

IF YOU THINK about it, some people can't walk and chew gum at the same time. These are probably the same people who are trying to drive and talk on the phone at the same time.

SO NOW, STATE legislatures claim they are against the Real ID program, and they want the feds to pay for them. But if the feds pay, that means the Real ID program will happen. Besides, where do the feds get their money? From taxpayers, just like the state geniuses. If states get their way, the feds will pay for the program and we will all have more of Big Brother on our backs.

A HUGE RANT for all of the people who call Southerners "uneducated rednecks." Why did you move to the heart of Dixie? If you are as intelligent as you would like to believe you are, you should have researched the area. In the words of Lewis Grizzard, "Delta is ready when you are." I'm sure my hound dawg and I will survive without you.

HOW CAN A PERSON be pro-life and support the war? That's like trying to have it both ways whenever it suits your politics. We were not attacked by the people of Iraq.

RAVE. WE TOOK OUR grandchildren, 8 and 5 years old, to the Golf Hall of Fame for Sunday's Easter egg hunt, and we had a wonderful time. Story time was about Peter Rabbit, and face painting was nice. We also marched in the parade. The Easter egg hunt was awesome. Thank you all who set it up.

WE SHOULD KNOCK OFF all the whining about price gouging during Masters Week. It's purely a business thing. The restaurants have to double or triple their staff and security help. Let's let them get it while they can so they can be easier on us the other 51 weeks. If we shut up, the visitors won't know the difference. If we can't handle it we should eat at home.

HOW TO END global warming? Have the folks in D.C. stop talking.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 04/13/07 - 06:41 am
And to start the day off, a

And to start the day off, a little ditty by the Bard to all who feel like spewing their hate today...this is for both sides:........ Macbeth's Soliloquy:::: To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, Creeps in this petty pace from day to day, To the last syllable of recorded time; And all our yesterdays have lighted fools The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 06:45 am
I have come to the conclusion

I have come to the conclusion that blacks and whites will never agree on anything. That's why we need complete and total seperation from each other. That way we can learn from our own faults. There will not be any hate crimes, lynchings or racism period because we only have to deal with our own people. HA!!!! I 'm just playing, white people will still find a way not to do work. They will probably make the poor whites slaves and start the process all over again

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 06:46 am
If the black community

If the black community (adults) are so against The Vulgar & Women Degrading Rap? Why do you not insist Sharpton & Jessie start a boycot against them & the music industry ??? I bet they will NOT DO IT!!! THEY ARE LIVING IN THE PAST & THEY ONLY HAVE A HARD ON FOR WHITE PEOPLE!!! So would someone answer this for me...The black community comes together to fight any evil they think a white man has commited so why not go after your own??? I ask all of the black community to call or write Sharpton & Jessie, tell them to get on TV & start the ball rolling...BOYCOTT THE FILTHY RAPPERS & THE MUSIC INDUSTRY...IF THIS HAPPENS & MAKES THE NEWS I & A GREAT DEAL OF OTHER WHITES WILL NOT SEE THE STORY OF GOING AFTER ONLY WHITES SO ONE SIDED. If Sharpton & Jessie will not do it I would think the rappers donate a great deal of $$$$ to their cause of the day !!!

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 06:49 am
please stop talking about

please stop talking about don anus! it's over

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/13/07 - 06:50 am
Holly--Cool, I like Glavine

Holly--Cool, I like Glavine but good grief dont let him pitch!!

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 06:57 am
kim706...It's not over Imus

kim706...It's not over Imus is an amature compared to your own race ...CALL THEM & ASK IF THEY PUT THEIR ENGRY INTO SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHITE PEOPLE!!!

a2
a2 04/13/07 - 06:59 am
Would you get that much

Would you get that much sympathy if yiu were fired from your job?

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:03 am
Don Anus has alot of money.

Don Anus has alot of money. Losing his job did not hurt him or his family. so please stop feeling sorry him........your just mad because black people won the battle.

Chad
Chad 04/13/07 - 07:06 am
If Imus had to apologize to

If Imus had to apologize to the women of Rutgers. Wouldn't it be fair to say that Sharpten should apologize to the duke lacross team. This would not be the first time that sharpten started something throwing the race card out there where inocent people have been hurt or even killed.

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:06 am
FYI, Black people have a

FYI, Black people have a few battles to win in Augusta. 1) Sheriff's Seat.........2) District Attorney Seat..............3) Mayor's Seat in 2010............then we will show you how people are treated fairly

a2
a2 04/13/07 - 07:07 am
Frankly in my list of

Frankly in my list of priorities, bashing white peopl is like at the bottom of the list. You're giving yourself way too much importance.

I certainly hope we change the subject today. Yesterday is gone.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 07:07 am
My comments is not about

My comments is not about Imus's job I do not care about him it's about the black community only going after whites ! CALL SHARPTON & JESSIE...DO IT SHUT ME !!!

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:13 am
This proves my point

This proves my point POLITICALLY........You're mad that black people are starting to pay attention to the wrong doings and starting to speak up. You feel that any black person that expresses his or her opinion is a trouble maker. You would rather us staying quiet and saying yes suh massa. NOT ANYMORE............and if you don't like it........TOUGH!!!!

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 07:15 am
KIM706...You had a black

KIM706...You had a black Mayor...McIntyre...Oh he went to jail but I'm sure you think conspiracy The white man lied to put him there just like charles Walker ! The white people are just as corrupt they just cover it up better ...only because they have they have been doing it longer.

SES_1
SES_1 04/13/07 - 07:16 am
Kim I think you are right the

Kim I think you are right the black and white tax money
should be seperated .Welfair for blacks could be payed
from black taxes that should cut out the line of 300 pound
blacks when I go to get a loaf of bread. that be a very good
way for you people to lose weight As long as we have people
that think like You, Shapton and Jackson there wont be any peace between black and white. Some where this needs to
stop and we all work together to make this a better and happer place to work and live

a2
a2 04/13/07 - 07:19 am
FYI Black churches have been

FYI Black churches have been saying this for years. Don't buy their records. The people that continue to buy from these artist obviously don't have a problem with it.

peonynut
peonynut 04/13/07 - 07:19 am
You people are all missing

You people are all missing the point. It is called The First Amendment

Chad
Chad 04/13/07 - 07:22 am
Kim protesting is fine as

Kim protesting is fine as long as it is peaceful that is your right. But when the individuals chanting thier slogans start inciting the crowd start burning cars, pulling people out of their vehicle and trying to kill them, and just plain taking the law into thier own hands, thats when you start showin your true colors.

a2
a2 04/13/07 - 07:23 am
Sharpton and Jackson aren't

Sharpton and Jackson aren't the problem. It's people like you or me who say hateful things like is being said already. Things like insinuating about welfare, food etc. Why did you have to say that? Being hateful and meanspirited is your decision.

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:24 am
Rockey you are right we

Rockey you are right we should seperate tax money, but let's put a twist on it . Move all the poor black people from the Downtown area and move them to West Augusta in the rich neighborhoods. Then take all the rich white people and take their money, place them on welfare and medicaid and let them stay in Hyde Park and the poor areas of the downtown area. so people can see how both sides live and have a little more respect and compassion for each other. I bet one thing Deke copenhaver will bust his butt to clean up the Hyde Park then, he cant have his good white folks living like that

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 07:24 am
kim706..That's not it

kim706..That's not it speaking out is good but the black leaders only go after white's. Can they not find time to clean your own house??? Just call Sharpton & Jessie see if they care about The Filthy & women degrading rap. Like I said above Imus is an amature compared to the men of your own race. AND TO MAKE IT CLEAR I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT IMUS IT'S NOT HIM IT'S THE CAUSE !!!

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 04/13/07 - 07:24 am
I can think of a few filthy

I can think of a few filthy mouthed white rappers off the top of my head Mr. Ncorrect. Freedom of speech dear, people have the right to say what they want. That is why you can post that bs you just wrote. They are not violating anyones rights, if you don't like it don't listen to it. I think we should be more concerned about these racists trying to violate our right to freedom.

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:26 am
Massey Troy what do you call

Massey Troy what do you call police beating you with a billy club until you are almost dead. Then get off when they go to court

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:28 am
PoliticallyNCorrect, Ryan B

PoliticallyNCorrect, Ryan B goes after black people as well as whites. So, what do you have to say about that

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 07:30 am
Well please include them to

Well please include them to they need to be stoped also but now your talking about white's being in the monority.

a2
a2 04/13/07 - 07:30 am
I came that you might have

I came that you might have life, life more abundantly. I'm just glad to be alive today. I'm not mad.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/13/07 - 07:31 am
Who knows RyanB??? get

Who knows RyanB??? get Shaprton & Jessie...ONLY THE BIG DOGS CAN PULL THIS OFF !

PAW
PAW 04/13/07 - 07:32 am
Come on GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Come on GIVE ME A BREAK!! White's being in the Minority is like saying Katrina never happened

pantherluvcik
pantherluvcik 04/13/07 - 07:32 am
And people I used to work at

And people I used to work at the welfare office and there are more white people down there than blacks. And I don't mean employees. And when Sharpton and Jackson bring up racism they don't make racial slurs.

a2
a2 04/13/07 - 07:32 am
How could NCorrect be that

How could NCorrect be that mad this early?

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...