Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

THE PRESIDENT GETS the blame for everything. For the person to tell President Bush to get involved and solve the dog food problem, why should he? Surely there are wise corporate people that should be responsible for that.

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE a rave to Deputy Gooding from the Richmond County Sheriff's Office for her professional and understanding behavior when I ran out of gas on Milledge Road last week. If all our deputies are as courteous and kind as she was, then Richmond County certainly should be commended.

I THINK THAT IT WOULD be nice if two small waterfalls were put around the James Brown statue. I think that is all it needs.

I UNDERSTAND that as black people, we say certain things to each other. But that doesn't make it right and that doesn't take away from the fact that somebody's feelings were hurt. It's not right either way and we should stop pointing fingers, stop trying to justify the wrong things that we do, and start realizing that we have all got to grow up!

IF RYAN B. THINKS its okay to say whatever you want to say on the radio, maybe he should check in with Don Imus on that one. People are probably laughing somewhere, and they will continue all the way to the bank.

A RANT TO ALL THOSE people who say the police should be catching murderers and robbers instead of writing tickets. A rave to the deputy who, while dealing with a traffic violator, spotted a bank robber, pursued him and apprehended him. You showed them all that the police can write a ticket and catch robbers at the same time. Great job!

TO THE LADY THAT SAYS that she doesn't judge anybody: First of all, I'm a Christian and I am not perfect. Nobody is perfect but Jesus. And I do feel like selling alcohol on Sunday is wrong. I do pray for a lot of people and I pray for people like you for saying what you did. Call me what you will but at least when I die, I know where I'm going.

TO THE DRIVERS DISPLAYING religious emblems on their vehicles as they break laws and endanger lives as they speed on I-20: What message do you think you are relaying to other drivers, especially our young people?

ctatesr
ctatesr 04/12/07 - 06:16 am
To the person who wanted to

To the person who wanted to know if Fox tells lies. Here is a web site that might give you some insight. http://www.newshounds.us/ View it with an open mind...and just like they say on Fox..."you decide."

PAW
PAW 04/12/07 - 06:38 am
Hey Don Imus....Who's the

Hey Don Imus....Who's the Nappy Headed Hoe now. Black people if we come together we can defeat people like Don Imus. One" Good Ole Boy" down 999,999 to go. RYAN B keep up the good work. Get the information out to the people. Ronnie Strength you will not be Sheriff next year.........And if you don't like it TOUGH

ctatesr
ctatesr 04/12/07 - 06:42 am
Hmm, robjankus these web site

Hmm, robjankus these web site look very right winged to me. I would also like to point out the chemicals that was used on the Kurds was made in the good old US of A...just like the so called WMD that was founded. Remember the US supported Iraq in the war against Iran all those years.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38213 http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=15918 http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/6/25/114037.shtml http://www.mediaresearch.org/press/2006/press20060623.asp Go ahead,

pi
pi 04/12/07 - 06:56 am
I didn't know that black

I didn't know that black people owned words. I also can't understand why they would take offensive to those words. Do you think that those words can only be used to describe people of color? The people that feel that way NEED TO GROW UP. Every race in this country suffers from racism, look what happened to the jews, to the indians, muslims, etc, etc. Black people are the only ones to ALWAYS play the race card. All the other races learned a long time ago that sticks and stones may break their bones but words will never hurt them. You feel this way because our government in this country makes sure to keep us divided by allowing the black people certain priveleges that NO ONE else gets. They do this to keep us divided because if we are seperated we are weaker, united we are stronger to stand up againts them. I think the people that are trying to be leaders in the black community such as Al Sharpton, who have blown this entire situation out of proportion should work on that and also, teaching the real people of influence, i.e. the rappers who degrade their own women, or comediens who constantly talk about racial stuff. OH, wait,nevermind,black people can say what they want...

m23866
m23866 04/12/07 - 06:57 am
wow lets see,the south lost,

wow lets see,the south lost, white people now are the minority,white kids are black kids wannabe,black men taking the white women, sounds fair to me oh btw my brother in law is from puerto rico,i was searching the history and u know what,during the spanish american war puerto rico was sold (yes u heard it right) sold to usa for 40 million as well as guam,thats how puerto rico is a commonwealth

PAW
PAW 04/12/07 - 07:00 am
Don't give me this GROW UP

Don't give me this GROW UP mess. White people are mad because IMUS lost. Hey Austin Rhodes your racist [filtered word] is next.

localman
localman 04/12/07 - 07:08 am
white people are mad? that's

white people are mad? that's a pretty racist statement.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 04/12/07 - 07:17 am
kim706--- The words that

kim706--- The words that caught my attention in your statement are "come together". That's the problem. When will we as a people ever come together in an intelligent manner to solve a problem? I haven't seen that happen yet. The only time I've seen that happen is when I watch clips of the accomplishments of MLK Jr. As far as what Imus said--- yes it was wrong. And to pi - - you're wrong. Rosie O'Donell made remarks that were offensive to Asians, and they spoke up about how they were offended, so don't single out this situation as though it's the only one.

PAW
PAW 04/12/07 - 07:18 am
Nappy headed hoe was a racist

Nappy headed hoe was a racist statement too. You probably got a good justification for ANUS oops! I mean IMUS saying that.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 04/12/07 - 07:19 am
Good morning, Madison! lol

Good morning, Madison! lol

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 04/12/07 - 07:21 am
KIM please tell me you have

KIM please tell me you have not procreated....God knows the black race doesn't need your racist filth being spoon fed to children.

elizaw
elizaw 04/12/07 - 07:24 am
You know its ridiculous just

You know its ridiculous just reading people defending IMUS. ITS NOT PLAYING A RACIST CARD. THE MORE I READ THIS MESS, WE HAVE QUITE A FEW RACIST PEOPLE HERE. You forget its really not the nappyhead part. Its the HOE part that a lot of us are upset about. We are trying to teach our own not to talk or speak that way to us (black women) why in the world do you think we will except this from others. This is degrading to ALL WOMEN. If you listen to any major black national radio stations, you will not hear them calling any women (white) HOES. I have never heard that from anyone from any major syndicating show. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, nappyhead he would have gotten away with it, he went to far when he said HOE.

PAW
PAW 04/12/07 - 07:31 am
Why is it wrong when black

Why is it wrong when black people speak out about the wrong that white people do ?

a2
a2 04/12/07 - 07:32 am
No comment today. I just

No comment today. I just wish they all would go away: Mr. Imus, the Duke Lacrosse team members, poison dog food, poison lettuce, spinach, and Peanut butter, Anna Nicole Smith, Dannielynn, Anna's baby daddy, Zsa Zsa's prince, the Iraq war, and most of all the freakin ranters on this site.

girlracer
girlracer 04/12/07 - 07:34 am
I agree with a2...I'm tired

I agree with a2...I'm tired of hearing the same crap everyday. Get a new topic and move on.

PAW
PAW 04/12/07 - 07:38 am
NEW TOPIC: Violence in

NEW TOPIC: Violence in Augusta........What can we do about it ?

localboy
localboy 04/12/07 - 07:41 am
still don't understand why a

still don't understand why a whole city would honor a wifebeating, druggy convict like James Brown with a Statue. Money thrown away for trash.

amazed1
amazed1 04/12/07 - 07:41 am
Intellegence suppresses the

Intellegence suppresses the negatives in life, ignorence promotes it. When we learn to promote the positives in life,then we can consider ourselves intellegent. Think about it.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/12/07 - 07:42 am
Just tell me why the Black

Just tell me why the Black rappers can call their people anything but don't let a white person do it? because blacks think it's funny untill it comes from a white. It's just another way to play the RACE CARD...And to blame someone else for your troubles. I don't give a craph about Imus but THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF IMUS WAS BLACK...ALL OF BLACK AMERICAN'S WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY AS HELL !!!

wise
wise 04/12/07 - 07:45 am
Kim I am a white female and I

Kim
I am a white female and I am angry about the comments made because I am woman. There are white women with nappy hair as well. I think giving this negative situation attention is giving people like Imus what they want. The races to divided... This should be taken as a lesson learned. The lesson is not everyone sees eye to eye on race and sexist issues and its 2007. Instead of complaining and fighting with each other we should come together and educate others so history does not repeat its self. Women/ Black Women I think have been empowered be this negativity. They have come together to make this a positive situation.

PAW
PAW 04/12/07 - 07:47 am
See I tried to change the

See I tried to change the topic. LocalBoy who would you rather them honor? Probably some illiterate, musky smelling, moon shine making hick with a dirty t-shirt and a rebel flag on his ford pick up. They probably did one thing in their miserable life and it made localboy proud. I only have one thing to sayTO YOU: IF YOU DON LIKE THE STATUE "TOUGH"

amazed1
amazed1 04/12/07 - 07:51 am
I see that the intellegence

I see that the intellegence level here remains the same ,below average.

elizaw
elizaw 04/12/07 - 07:52 am
Did you read my comment

Did you read my comment Politically, apparently you did not. We are fighting for the rappers to stop calling women that. I and others do not care for any rappers that degrades women. If you ever just take the time out and read some magazines such as Ebony or Essence, maybe you will see that EVERYONE do not agree with rappers calling women HOES. And also have you realize BET is changing their shows. They are not playing to much of the Crazy videos during the day downgrading the women. Its changing slowly, because people like us are fighting it. ITS not just a black thing. I am speaking up for ALL WOMEN.

bigbadjohn
bigbadjohn 04/12/07 - 07:56 am
Wow Kim, you are so over the

Wow Kim, you are so over the top. Respectfully, You won't get anywhere with racist hatred it will eat you up! Remember...Jesus is watching you! Seek Him today. Judgement in nigh!

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/12/07 - 07:57 am
elizaw...Why do Blacks not

elizaw...Why do Blacks not boycot the music then? because the majority of blacks love it they think it's accurate & funny. I have many black friends & that's the way they feel they also use negative terms about each other in about every sentence & that's OK as long as your Black !

elizaw
elizaw 04/12/07 - 08:09 am
Politically....we are doing

Politically....we are doing everything we can. Believe me, there are a lot of Blacks that don't like rap music that degrades women period. It could probably be your age bracket. I don't know how old you are, but my age about 38 and up are trying to teach our young people not to talk or call any woman b's or hoes. You find younger people like this music. We as people have to fight this. Women don't like this. I believe majority of IMUS complainters are not just blacks, (its women coming together). I have a son in his twenties, and believe me, he may listen to rappers that you are talking about, but I tell you this. He is not listening to that in MY HOUSEHOLD THAT YOU CAN BET ON (LOL)

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/12/07 - 08:13 am
elizaw...You Go & I am in

elizaw...You Go & I am in your age brackett...& NOT IN MY HOUSE EITHER !

USSNOWGURL
USSNOWGURL 04/12/07 - 08:16 am
Kim, may I make a suggestion?

Kim, may I make a suggestion? Breathe in...breathe out, now I read the comments you make and you usually start off with good points, but as you continue to rant you explode with hatred, why is that? I am a white female and I did not like the comment Imus made either, but hate promotes hate. We should not be black, white, purple or green, we are Americans, that should be the bottom line. God Bless.

HUH2
HUH2 04/12/07 - 08:18 am
Wow Kim I guess we all new

Wow Kim I guess we all new who the racist is, this morning anyway. Read back over what you've written this morning. Do you really want that convict in Aiken to be the voice of blacks in the CSRA. At some point you have to realize the hater carries the hate and the hated doesn't even care.

elizaw
elizaw 04/12/07 - 08:18 am
Politically...so you do

Politically...so you do understand where I am coming from. (smile)