Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

I CAN'T BELIEVE we have so many ignorant people that really believe Saddam didn't have WMDs. Maybe the next time the bomb drops, it will be on your front door.

BE THANKFUL. God is good! Live your life in his name. He never forgets. Love one another in his name and do the right thing. Bless you.

THIS IS TO THE brainless person who said Jesus might have been a moonshiner. You're going to have to answer to God for what you just said. I feel sorry for you, and I'll pray for you. Why don't you go find a rock and crawl under it? Because when God gets through with you, you'll wish you had.

I SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE allowing their small dogs to climb up on their laps while they're driving, and (the dogs) hang their heads out of the window and jump around the car. This doesn't seem too safe, now does it?

THIS A RAVE AND A RANT. My rave is for the wonderful lunch (program) that they have at the (Augusta) Common every other Thursday. ... There's a musician out there each time, and they just work their little old heads off trying to entertain us, and there were only a handful of people. ... I don't understand. Now, my rant is for the people who work downtown and don't want to get out and even sit in this nice, wonderful area and listen to our local musicians.

EVERYBODY'S COMPLAINING about the trucks on Columbia Road. Thank goodness for the trucks that dump the trash. Columbia County does not provide any way to pick up our limbs, trees, whatever, and if it wasn't for that dump on Columbia Road, we would have absolutely no place to put them.

If you have an opinion, call Rants & Raves at (706) 823-3397 or send an e-mail to news room@augustachronicle.com.

CyndiCk
CyndiCk 04/11/07 - 03:31 am
To the person about the

To the person about the WMD's...What bomb? I don't believe they've ever dropped one on us. Don't believe everything Bush tells you.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/11/07 - 04:53 am
CyndiC....don't believe

CyndiC....don't believe everything CNN tells you either. WMD's WERE found in Iraq.

Chad
Chad 04/11/07 - 05:01 am
CyndiC...Do you believe that

CyndiC...Do you believe that if the Islamic terrorist had the bomb or any WMD and got it into the U.S. which by the way would not be to hard. That they would not use it? But would you consider three planes loaded with jet fuel flying into a three buildings kill over 3000 people and a long term kill on many more through disease caused by this as a WMD? think about it. And by the way biological weapons have been around for may thousands of years.

Jenn30907
Jenn30907 04/11/07 - 06:07 am
CNN=Communist News Network:

CNN=Communist News Network: We tell you what we want you to here, when we want you to hear it!

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/11/07 - 06:43 am
I spent a little time in the

I spent a little time in the military. I know that the public and that means all news tv magazine in every country are not informed on what really happens. Trust me you dont want to be. That makes it easy for most of us to sleep at night. War is never good, things happen during war that should not like the way we wait for our attackers. It has become political. Shut everthing down make everyone come out into the open if they dont ,wegottadowhatwegattado!!

NEone
NEone 04/11/07 - 06:44 am
The landfill on Columbia Road

The landfill on Columbia Road has been closed for some time. Now where are we supposed to take the branches, leaves and ever-falling pine tree crap?

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/11/07 - 06:48 am
OH Yea! Hudsons Kickin

OH Yea! Hudsons Kickin baseball butt!

liloleme
liloleme 04/11/07 - 06:50 am
Good morning all!! I am soooo

Good morning all!! I am soooo thankful for this rain---my yard needed a good drink!

PAW
PAW 04/11/07 - 06:54 am
Why is everyone suing Ryan B

Why is everyone suing Ryan B instead of Austin Rhodes. Whenever a black person is spreading information that the people(black people) need to hear......white people get mad and try to stop it. They use the courts and other black people that only want to do 1 thing and that's please Mr. Charlie. To all those black people that think like that.......I just want you to know that the white people that put you up to it are sitting back laughing at you saying "Go Boy or Go Girl". Austin Rhodes is still on the air saying what ever he wants.

Martinez
Martinez 04/11/07 - 07:14 am
Why is it that people of one

Why is it that people of one color skin are held to a higher standard of political correctness than another? When was the last time you heard a public uproar over an African American comedian or even radio personality picking on white people? I agree with the public when they express offense to people like Don Imus but then get angry when the same people defend someone like Ryan B. He is a hate spewing jerk who doesn't just exaggerate facts but makes things up as he goes along for the sake of satisfying the Augusta area's seemingly sick need for racial dirt. The mayor can bring companies and stadiums and as many millions in revenue as he can dream up but until people quit focusing, holding onto and hiding behind racial lines, Augusta will still be the same.

PAW
PAW 04/11/07 - 07:23 am
Austin Rhodes is a racist

Austin Rhodes is a racist jerk( IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION ). He has disrespected black people for a long time. He calls black women "media whores" and he gets away clean like it was never said. The mayor can bring companies and build stadiums, but what about helping the people in Hyde Park, East boundary, and all the homeless and poor downtown. Ohh! I for got that doesn't exist in your world MARTINEZ

VinnMann
VinnMann 04/11/07 - 07:38 am
To the person that believes

To the person that believes that Saddam had WMDs. What are you smoking? Even Bush II doesn't believe that.:)

Da Voice Inside Your Head
Da Voice Inside Your Head 04/11/07 - 07:43 am
I also think Austin Rhodes is

I also think Austin Rhodes is a jerk and a a blow hard of the first order, BUT***He is smart enough not to cross the line into slander and libel. And some of what he says is right on target. Have you ever heard of raising yourself up by your own boot straps?Why does the government have to do every thing for you? Alot of the homeless are right where they want to be. They like their life just as it is. They have no responsibilities except getting their next drink or drug fix. Try to give these folks a job. HA HA! I worked in EMS and in a local ER, We had these folks come in sick but not sick enough for admission. We would call the family members and the answer was "He*L NO we won't take him. You then ask why. HE stole Grampa's TV, Moms Social Security Check, He got drunk /High and tore up the house , assulted his sister, on and on it goes. You also seem to buy into the Deomorats class warfare junk. Most of the people who live in Martinez, got there by hard work. There aren't that many rich people who had someone give them their money. Most worked for it. Get off that old "Poor Picked on and Abused ME" trip and do what you have to do to get your part of the GREAT AMERICAN DREAM.

gnx
gnx 04/11/07 - 07:48 am
To the person who ranted

To the person who ranted about the 'brainless person' saying Jesus might have been a moonshiner - who are you to say what God will or will not do? "Judge not lest ye be judged." Besides, who's to say God doesn't have a sense of humor? He created the platypus, right?

PAW
PAW 04/11/07 - 07:52 am
Not all poor people are

Not all poor people are junkies or drunks. I 'm quite sure they don't want to live that way and I know for sure they are not happy. The people who have made it or live on the " Good sidee of town" don't have any compasssion for the poor. Until the commissioner want to put a housing project near their community. Let me ask yall a question- Is it okay to build a housing project for the people in Hyde PArk and Gilbert Manor in West Augusta ? I know your answer, but I am curios to see if I am wrong

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/11/07 - 07:58 am
See that everyone is up to

See that everyone is up to their usual form today -- complaining and bellyaching about everything -- have a good day anyway!!!
It may be tthe last one you have! ! !

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/11/07 - 07:58 am
kim, it's not illegal to be a

kim, it's not illegal to be a racist blow-hard. It is illegal to commit libel and slander. That is why Ryan B is being sued. And it is a matter of documented fact that hundreds of sarin filled cannisters were found in Iraq. Just because CNN didn't report it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

mommie2
mommie2 04/11/07 - 08:11 am
With as much flack as

With as much flack as President Bush is getting from the war-he would have definitely informed the public of WMD's. It would have shown he had just cause to enter Iraq. But we have yet to hear about it...

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/11/07 - 08:15 am
tjohns22, YES we have heard

tjohns22, YES we have heard of it. In the first days of the invasion, a sarin factory was found (covered in sand so it could not be seen from above,) several hundred chemical weapons canisters were found, etc. If you get a new source of news other than what TV feeds you, you would know that.

_kpc_
_kpc_ 04/11/07 - 08:17 am
If you think CNN is not

If you think CNN is not biased, then why did it take them 9 months in 2001 before they called President Bush anything other than Mr. Bush. They still couldn't accept that he had won the election and wouldn't aknowlege it.

rt1523c
rt1523c 04/11/07 - 08:25 am
I am not sure if this is a

I am not sure if this is a rant or a rave for my doctor. Yesterday you told me that the most annoying thing my dad ever did was my mom 9 months before I was born. Sooner or later I'm going to figure out what you meant by that, and your not getting your copay until I do!

ARCalumni
ARCalumni 04/11/07 - 08:42 am
President Bush is not out to

President Bush is not out to please the whole country, he's out to give us the freedom, that our men and women fight hard for, and to better the safety of our country.

Dan4th
Dan4th 04/11/07 - 08:45 am
people, i have a son who is

people, i have a son who is being staged for deployment to fight in iraq, so i can speak to this subject. you damn well better believe there were and are wmd's as they are called all over the middle east . are you too stupid to realize that with the money at the disposal of those idiots, they can purchase whatever they need to wage war,hell, there is video proof chemicals were used against the kurds, who by the way, taught the iraqi's army (loose use of the word) a harsh lesson,as they are unmolested these days.another point, how many people must die for it to be a wmd....3.8.16.156. how many ?as far as i'm concerned the so called suicide bombers have all used wmd's.
if the people of this country do not assimilate into a sense of nationalism, akin to what it took to win wwii,then we are never going to again be the world power we should be.i for one am sick and tired of the whole free world being held hostage by a small group of warmongering towel heads with nothing to do but threaten world peace and security.for centuries all they have done is wage civil,religious andterritorial wars, and its time to stop it cold-dead cold.

mommie2
mommie2 04/11/07 - 08:51 am
Wow..towelheads...that's not

Wow..towelheads...that's not at all derogatory.

Dan4th
Dan4th 04/11/07 - 08:56 am
i could give a damn

i could give a damn less....call it like you see it.at least we "politico incorrectos" can laugh at ourselves, and believe me a grown man wearing a towel on his head is funny, so get over it and look to the bigger picture for a change.

Augusta Mom
Augusta Mom 04/11/07 - 09:04 am
rt1523c...I see you're up and

rt1523c...I see you're up and in rare form today. Good Morning!

dbc
dbc 04/11/07 - 09:10 am
Frankly I consider people

Frankly I consider people walking around with bombs strapped to their bodies WMD's. These people sneak up on victims in buses, malls, and other gathering areas and kill all who happen to be around. So, beside any stockpile of weapons they may or may not have, they definitely have a stockpile of people willing to commit suicide in this manner and take many other lives with them. Scary to me!

tangohouse
tangohouse 04/11/07 - 09:12 am
The debate over whether or

The debate over whether or not there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq continues to amaze me! Since we are still debating this issue, I can only assume the doubt which exists is troubling to many people. Why don't you ask the Kurds who survived the massive chemical attack from Saddam? Perhaps you can discuss this topic with someone who is an authority instead of forming your opinion based on the news media? What a novel idea? I have personally spent time in the Middle East on three different occasions and can tell you there is much more going on than what you know--wake-up people & pull your head out of the sand!

garydman
garydman 04/11/07 - 09:12 am
Bunch of Nappy Headed Hoes.

Bunch of Nappy Headed Hoes. ROTFLMAO. A bit dog hollars, if the shoe fits and all those other sayings apply here. Especially the sticks and stones one. Get over it people, it's America and the tyrant Bush has not yet halted free speech.

mommie2
mommie2 04/11/07 - 09:13 am
In my opinion, if you won't

In my opinion, if you won't say it to their face..then you shouldn't say it all. Especially if it's part of their culture.