Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

I READ YOUR HEADLINE "Homeland Security equips two agencies" and I had to laugh out loud. So far, Homeland Security has only proven it can waste zillions of taxpayers' money while achieving no security results. They don't even deport obvious illegals.

RE: AUGUSTA HOUSING project dispute. Only modern politicians can believe that the cure for dangerous neighborhoods is "bus tours, TV appearances and town hall meetings."

FLORIDA RESTORES FELONS' civil rights, "moving from a darker past." That "darker past" had far less crime. So which is darker?

BEING BIBLICALLY ILLITERATE has once again shown itself in an ignorant rant. Jesus made water into something better than it was originally. Just as when we ask Him into our lives, we become better human beings. This was Jesus' first miracle, and it has a very deep meaning when understood.

WHY SHOULD THE LIKES of Charles Walker get special treatment and even be allowed to have another bond hearing or appeals hearing? He doesn't deserve more than anybody else.

RYAN B. WILL TALK AS long as people listen, and as long as advertisers continue to buy space on the program. One way to stop hate: Don't listen to it. When advertisers quit buying and listeners quit listening, somebody will have to figure out in dollars and cents if hate is really worth the cost or not. If the price of hate gets too high, everyone will realize it's costing too much and will buy and listen elsewhere.

THE ISSUE IS NOT whether the Democrats or Republicans can do it right. Each has had the chance, and look what we have. The issue is that they, the right and the left, are not capable of agreeing upon timely, well-thought out governance that uses the best ideas available.

WE ARE DOOMED by our elected officials dragging their feet. It is probably too late to do anything about illegal immigration.

If you have an opinion you want to share with other newspaper readers, call (706) 823-3397, fax your opinion to (706) 722-7403 or e-mail to newsroom@augustachronicle.com.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 04/10/07 - 03:16 am
damn it's early !!! Going

damn it's early !!! Going back to work after spring break sucks!!!!

bone
bone 04/10/07 - 04:09 am
holly, it looks like ryan b.

holly, it looks like ryan b. and his station are being held accountable for their actions and i believe ryan is not white. imus certainly made a regretable comment that will probably cost him his job. freedom of speech is not the issue at this point: mr. imus has every right to his opinion. his sponsors and the station, though, have no reason to support his speech thru continued employment or advertisements on his show. i wish that the black leaders who have pushed this issue could extend him the courtesy of accepting his apology and allow him to make amends. since that obviously won't happen, we all have to accept that a new round of aggressive prosecution of speech on the public airwaves may be heralded in. the continued politically correct oppression of white free speech is likely going to have a backlash thru lawsuits against stations that broadcast rap music which contains anti-white sentiments. i think this might be the "last straw" for a quiet white community. the "who can say the 'n' word" debate will spill over into a new round of separatist litigation sponsored by angered conservatives. get ready for some painful discussions, folks - it's going to start soon.

WhiskyDick
WhiskyDick 04/10/07 - 05:50 am
BEING BIBLICALLY AROGANT has

BEING BIBLICALLY AROGANT has once again shown itself in a self-righteous rant.

PAW
PAW 04/10/07 - 05:52 am
Holly, If we have freedom of

Holly, If we have freedom of speech then it will be okay for me to say all white people are nothing but some backwards redneck crackers. Makes you mad right? Now that is how black people felt when that idiot IMUS made his stupid comment.

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/10/07 - 05:55 am
QUOTE:HOW CAN OUR state

QUOTE:HOW CAN OUR state leaders even possibly consider $300,000 in emergency funding for the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame when our PeachCare for children is in such dire need of funding? Where in the world are our priorities? Golf fan? No! Grandmother and taxpayer who pays her share of PeachCare insurance? Yes!..UNQUOTE:...GOOD EXAMPLE OF OUR NEEDS BEING IGNORED ...... I can not believe there are American's who believe our politicians care about any of us...CITIZENS...wake up they are in it for either ..MONEY, POWER, PERKS OR ALL THREE !!! When they do something good it is only to keep their job, they are elected official's...WHICH MEANS THEY HAVE TO DO A LITTLE SOMETHING TO KEEP YOUR TRUST...AND WHEN THEY DO MOST OF THE VOTERS FORGET ABOUT ALL THE TIMES THEY IGNORED YOUR NEEDS !!! MOST CITIZEN'S PRAISE POLITICIAN'S LIKE THEY ARE GOD'S...AND THEY KNOW THIS...THAT'S WHY THEY GET AWAY WITH YOUR SUPPORT ! IT'S ALL ABOUT DEAL'S AND THE DEAL'S DO NOT BENEFIT THE PUBLIC...UNLESS THEY NEED VOTES OR OWE A BIG COMPANY BECAUSE OF THE COMPANIES LOBBIST TOOK THEM & THEIR FAMILY ON A DREAM VACATION...FREE OF CHARGE & GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT ELSE THEY GAVE THEM ! THE GENERAL PUBLIC ARE SHEEP TO BE LEAD AROUND OR SLAUGHTERED AT THEIR WILL....AND..KIM706 That does not upset me the least words do not hurt me...I think you are the one who should remember !

MartinezMom
MartinezMom 04/10/07 - 06:02 am
To Kim706: Sticks & Stones

To Kim706: Sticks & Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Maybe more adults should remember this childhood saying.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 04/10/07 - 06:08 am
*yawn* Good morning Madison!

*yawn* Good morning Madison!

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 04/10/07 - 06:19 am
KIM706..... That does not

KIM706..... That does not upset me the least...I do not whine when someone calls me names...GROW UP... ALL OF YOU ! You GO...MartinezMom !

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 04/10/07 - 06:27 am
Doesn't bother me kim...and

Doesn't bother me kim...and you did not answer the question.

bigbadjohn
bigbadjohn 04/10/07 - 06:36 am
Hmmmm? Let's see, Imus only

Hmmmm? Let's see, Imus only regurgitated words/lyrics that are spewed out over the radio all day every day and he gets his head placed on a chopping block. @ So-called reverends (jesse & al) refused to accept his contrite apology. So much for the scripture, forgive and you will be forgiven reverends. I guess that only applies when it conveniently fits your agenda. Where is the outrage in the black community over the disgusting beaches and hoes lyrics on 90% of rap music today! I echo a fellow posters comment....clean up your own house and stop pointing a crooked finger. Dear homeland security ranter, have we been attacked again? Have hundreds of potential attacks been thwarted? Are we safer now than years past? The obvious intelligent answer is simply YES! Are there problems with the organization? Yes! But I know I sleep better at night knowing the DOHS is working behind the scenes to prevent another 911. So many of you have such limited short term memories! Did some of you have lobotomies since Sep 2001?

PAW
PAW 04/10/07 - 06:43 am
MartinezMom &

MartinezMom & PoliticallyNcorrect......... I didn't make this statement to get any negative reaction. I only made this statement to let people see how certain things peolpe say can hurt and sometimes it is hard to get over. If what I said was not effective then why did you respond to me. White people aren't called the N word on a regular basis. White people don't have to worry about living in contamination. They don't have to worry about public housing, unfair judicial system, police brutality, welfare........these are things that black people go through everyday...............then on top of that we got to worry about some IDIOT named IMUS totally humiliating us on national TV..............GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/10/07 - 06:45 am
BRAVES are in the lead! I

BRAVES are in the lead! I believe their are white, black and hispanic players are on that team. Gos to prove if we all have the same goal we will work together to achieve it. "With Good Leadership"!!!!!!!!!

givemeabreak
givemeabreak 04/10/07 - 06:48 am
Kim 706 black people call

Kim 706 black people call white people names ALL the time. The only difference is white people don't make such a BIG DEAL out of it and YELL OUT RACISM everytime. Black people HAVE a Miss Black America, United Negro College Fund and the NAACP. What do you think would happen if the Miss America Pagent did not allow a black woman to enter or we had a United White College fund or a NAAWP????? Also, Jesse Jackson and AL Sharpton do not deserve to have Reverend in front of their names.... They are 2 BIG TROUBLE MAKERS who love to yell RACISM........

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/10/07 - 06:48 am
KIM Why do you think he is

KIM
Why do you think he is talking to you!

CSRAider
CSRAider 04/10/07 - 06:55 am
People of all races, dont let

People of all races, dont let what one person said in general bother you as a individual. If you are above it ,be above it. Dont stoop their are others down their that will bark.

bigbadjohn
bigbadjohn 04/10/07 - 07:00 am
That's a little strange Kim

That's a little strange Kim considering I know quite a few white people who fall into several of your above listed categories. I think poverty crosses all racial/ethnic lines. It is what we do with our situations/circumstances that make us who we are. Some choose to rebel and get a victim mentality and other tend to pull up the boot straps, work hard, sacrifice, make sound decisions and get out of the mess you described. To many of those in poverty are sadly there because of the choices they made or the choices that their parents made and they continue the cycle of entitlement and perceived victimization.

liloleme
liloleme 04/10/07 - 07:10 am
As a mom--I've always hated

As a mom--I've always hated that saying "Sticks and stones...ect ect.." Whoever made that saying up had NO clue. Words can hurt much much worse and far deeper than anything. It only takes a few words from parents to break a child---and only a few words for children to come home crying from school because of something someone says--No matter what grade they happen to be in---A bruise will heal--- words that break your heart never go away.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 04/10/07 - 07:11 am
WOW....I bet there are quite

WOW....I bet there are quite a few white folks out there who could call your bluff on that one Kim....its your mentality that ALL whites live in some kind of wonder world that you are not being allowed into that is causing your tunnel vision.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 04/10/07 - 07:17 am
Too bad about the peach

Too bad about the peach crop....if we have any at all they are gonna cost !!

Da Voice Inside Your Head
Da Voice Inside Your Head 04/10/07 - 07:21 am
THE JEPORADY ANSWER IS: GET A

THE JEPORADY ANSWER IS: GET A LIFE, THEN A SENSE OF HUMOR!Most people of all races are tired of all this politically correct garbage. Everyone needs to stop blaming someone else for the troubles that they bring upon themselves. There is no one left alive that owned slaves pre civil war. My grandparents came from Italy on a boat with nothing but what they could carry. They did not seak English, They were called Dago's ,Wops and God knows what else. But they advanced through sheer hard work. Quit whining and get off your butt. Life and or the government owes you nothing! That goes for all races,sexes, and religions.

treynolds
treynolds 04/10/07 - 07:29 am
To the people who dumped your

To the people who dumped your old and dirty box spring and mattress on Ridge Road out in Appling, I don't know how you sleep at night. I know my parents raised me better than that, I feel sorry for you. Take your trash to the dump like everyone else. This rant will probably do no good since you probably can't read anyway. Now the upstanding citizens that live on that road have to take care of your trash to keep the road we live on clean! Make sure you don't come back, next time you may not get away with it!

rt1523c
rt1523c 04/10/07 - 07:41 am
This rant is to the dolt at

This rant is to the dolt at the gas station who gave me directions last night. You said to take a left at the first red light and I would be where I needed to go. Well let me tell you mister, after passing through six green lights and one yellow that first red light wasn't even in the right county. Thanks a lot, jerk!

whatever1
whatever1 04/10/07 - 07:46 am
Everyone is entitled to their

Everyone is entitled to their own view on things. I you don't want someone to make a comment about how you act then conduct yourself in an appropriate manner. Many people are no better than wild animals regardless of race. Someone is going to always say something about someone else--get over it and move on with life. Some of us fall into several groups that are being put down.

stillamazed
stillamazed 04/10/07 - 07:47 am
Uh, wake up call her

Uh, wake up call her Kim....there are alot of poor white people out there who do worry about public housing, unemployment, police brutality....those things are not limited to the black community, you just don't here as much about it when it is a white person. I have a friend in Virginia whos son-in-law was beaten by police and he is white and he isn't the only one but the media only feels a need to report it when it is a black person. These problems cross the race lines all the time

Kenya_Beard
Kenya_Beard 04/10/07 - 07:48 am
Someone correct me if I am

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Al Sharpton apologized to those Duke Lacrosse players he bashed. Oh yeah, turns out the girl was lying and all the boys were aquitted. Should we call for Sharpton to resign?

weekapaug05
weekapaug05 04/10/07 - 07:54 am
I just want to know if any of

I just want to know if any of those b-ballers actually had nappy hair, cause then it would be a true statement, not racist. And as for the hoes part, well everytime I turn on the radio Three 6 Mafia is telling me that them hoes need to put that money in my hand ... and they're well respected in the US, hell MTV even gave them their own show.

stillamazed
stillamazed 04/10/07 - 07:55 am
if anyone in the reading area

if anyone in the reading area owns a mitsubishi 2001-2006 and have paint problems please contact me at (706) 399-4176. i have a 2003 spyder that the paint is oxidizing really bad on and i know i am starting to see the same problem on alot of them, maybe we can all get together and do something about it.

bigbadjohn
bigbadjohn 04/10/07 - 07:55 am
Eerily familiar to the Twanna

Eerily familiar to the Twanna Brawley case that he defended! He and jesse should have resigned their reverend status long long time ago. They are nothing more than stirrers of the preverbal racial chit for their own gain on the backs of their own people. Rather sickening! Noone ever hold them to task. The media is scared that they might offend.

a2
a2 04/10/07 - 07:56 am
Imus is in trouble because

Imus is in trouble because the sponsors of the show CBS radio NY Stock Exchange, and other corporate business people will not back a show with their finances who spews crap like this.

It really doesn't matter what you think. You can debate it all day and I'm sure you will, but the fact of the matter he got suspended.
hollygolightly you're all over the board today aren't you? First you insult on "across the area" now you're over here stirring up hate and discontent. Why don't you chill?

sarah
sarah 04/10/07 - 07:59 am
If "people" would get out and

If "people" would get out and get an education, there would not have to live in public housing, or on assistance. You are what you make yourself. Does the Miss Black America allow white people in their contest?!? No they do not. Can white people get funds from the United Negro College Fund? NO! You have to work hard for what you want in life and not expect it handed to you on a silver platter. If people did not do stuipd things, they would not be called names. Why is it OK for black people to call other black people "n"? I do not mind being called a redneck, only God and I know who I am, not someone with the mentality of a mouse!!

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary because of excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to enact an ...