Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

I HAVE A BIG RANT for teen clubs. They are open entirely too late. To cut down on some of the crime, I think these clubs should open around 7 p.m. and close at 11 p.m.

I HAVE A BIG RANT for the owner who opened that teen club back up off of North Leg. Wrong Idea. ... The club can't control the teens inside, so how can you control the outside is my point.

NORTH AUGUSTA RESIDENTS, call in the tag number of the boom box cars that continuously go up and down the road in our neighborhood, shaking our walls. Call the police and they will take action.

I JUST WANTED TO express my appreciation for the excellent customer service that was provided to me from Keisha Sullivan at the Optical Center at Fort Gordon.

I WANT TO RAVE ABOUT the officer that was consoling Eli Ford on the front page of The Augusta Chronicle. Nobody has said anything about the policeman. And I think that was really touching.

I ENJOYED READING Monday's Your Business section on Ann Taylor. I have only seen Ms. Taylor once and found her to be a very friendly person. Just like the story by Laura Youngs said.

GOOD LUCK TO THE person ranting about the trash and music going up and down their streets. I live in the Silvercrest subdivision and I have called the Richmond County Sheriff's Department a minimum of 50 times over several years, and we still have the boom-boomers.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE to say to Augusta Chronicle and the elderly people that have wisdom, I think that it's time to close the case on that child's death in Grovetown. Let the grief settle with the family. The media likes to drag stuff on and on. My heart goes out to them, and may God be with them. I think enough has been said. Let the family be.

I THINK THESE PEOPLE have suffered enough from their tragic loss. Please let them grieve in peace. Sometimes it's better to end the news story and have consideration for those left living.

DON'T PEOPLE in Augusta know how to stop driving everybody bonkers? I go the speed limit, I obey the law and I'm tired of people riding my bumper. Please, please! Next time somebody rides my bumper, I'm going to go slower! Stop it! Don't be in such a hurry so you can get there safely. Stop doing it.

THIS RANT is for the Richmond County school district. I am not from this area, but Richmond County has the worst school system that I have ever had to deal with. When you have to speak with someone at the Board of Education, you can never reach them unless it's over the phone. They will not even take the time to speak with you in person. That is just not professional to me.

Martinez
Martinez 04/01/07 - 04:08 am
RC Board of Ed members are

RC Board of Ed members are not full-time employees that sit in offices downtown all day. I don't know about all but at least some of them work FT + jobs and do their Board work on the side a few hours per week. I don't disagree that it may be frustrating but at least knowing this piece of information may help. In other districts I have lived in, Board members were full-time employees and so this was a new concept to me as well. Good-Luck to you.

DCFONE
DCFONE 04/01/07 - 08:14 am
RC Board of Education has

RC Board of Education has been a do nothing bunch for years. They gripe about dress standards for kids, and most of the teachers dress like something from a broad str. corner. The best action for them is no action.It's easier. My sons teacher wears blouses cut so low that it's revolting. My son said he gets tired of seeing her" stuff". Teachers smoke just outside the doors and you have to wade thru it just to get in the bldg. When a problem came up about a boy being touched in a wrong way, the principal commented that " we'd really be in trouble if it had happened to a girl". Don't blame all the problems on the kids, they only do what they can get away with, and seeing and doing as the teachers do all day long is their immpression of life as it shoud be. Unless they are blessed to have careing parents at home to help them sort thru the mess they havae to deal with on a daily basis. No wonder Ga. has the lowest rated schools.

dthompson
dthompson 04/01/07 - 09:44 am
Not much different with

Not much different with Columbia County BOE. I had a serious problem with a school issue several months ago and contacted the BOE to speak to Tommy Price. His secretary told me "he doesn't speak or meet with parents." Interesting since the parents are the ones who vote his behind into office. I left plenty of messages with his office and others- it got me nowhere. I guess they are just there for fluff.

garydman
garydman 04/01/07 - 09:54 am
I bet if you told Tommy Price

I bet if you told Tommy Price you had a campaign contribution, his policy on meeting parents would change. Take notes people, don't reelect this clown!!

dthompson
dthompson 04/01/07 - 12:07 pm
You are exactly like right

You are exactly like right garydman, which supports my opinion yesterday on the PreK re-draw at River Ridge. Its all in who you know and who has the most money wins. I don't doubt for one minute that something is "up" with how the names were drawn. It all boils down to money in that very snotty school. They certainly think they are above the rules.

garydman
garydman 04/01/07 - 01:11 pm
Right!! Maybe if there was a

Right!! Maybe if there was a TV reporter with a camera you might get this bureaucratic robot off his butt to see you. What these self serving bone heads don't realize is that TV stations don't vote. Let's make it a law that if citizens don't have access to elected officials then TV stations shouldn't either.

dthompson
dthompson 04/01/07 - 02:36 pm
I'd like to jerk a knot in

I'd like to jerk a knot in his bow-tie............lol

kiddspur
kiddspur 04/01/07 - 02:55 pm
dthompson -- just don't mess

dthompson -- just don't mess up the tie!!!!

mable8
mable8 04/01/07 - 03:42 pm
I am so glad I did NOT vote

I am so glad I did NOT vote for Price in that election! Guess I am dating myself, but I do remember having conversations in person and on the phone with school superintendents and was able to have the serious issues resolved to my satisfaction. It seems that people who go into politics these days think that they are "priviledged" in some manner--in reality, they are not. It is up to the voters to put that message out. On the next campaign, voters should ask hard questions, and then make them stay with it once elected by "friendly reminders" about the promises they pledged to keep. That can be done by booting them out when they fail to deliver. We have the resources available, yet we fail to use them accordingly.

Martinez
Martinez 04/01/07 - 06:20 pm
Not to bust anyone's bubble

Not to bust anyone's bubble but none of you voted for Tommy Price, he is the district Superintendent not an elected Board Member. You guys are always great for a good laugh though.

garydman
garydman 04/01/07 - 11:07 pm
Good, then he can be fired!!

Good, then he can be fired!!