Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS ABOUT THE people who are interfering in Mr. and Ms. Brown's marriage. People should realize that he had ample time, if he wasn't happy, to do something about it, and he didn't.

THIS IS A HUGE RAVE to the Hephzibah Rebels and coach Lawson. I just want to congratulate y'all for a job well done.

AUGUSTA NEEDS TO come together with "Flash" Gordon and learn to get along because James Brown wanted that.

I LIVE IN NORTH AUGUSTA and I have two raves. The first is for the bookmobile that comes up to my apartments. Tracy and Adam are fantastic, knowledgeable and professional. My other rave is for the North Augusta Publix pharmacy. The people are super kind.

I WANT TO SAY THAT the Blue Horse music hall was a great idea because Augusta is ready for quality entertainment. But whoever put that plan together put too much money into recording equipment. They should have taken that money and used it to get real talent.

SUPERVISION FAILURE by recreation director Tom Beck paved the way for all problems at Augusta Municipal golf course and the arrest of manager Guy Reid.

I WANT TO KNOW, isn't there a law that if dogs have to be put on a leash, then shouldn't cats, too? To those in south Augusta, if you have a cat running loose, please do something about it.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT to say that James Brown's funeral was not worth $48,000. Look at the international exposure; hotels, motels, and food venues tripled their income. You need to shut up.

I LOST MY WALLET. I received a letter from the post office saying it was there. Thank you to whoever turned it in. There are still honest people in the world. God bless you.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon 01/22/07 - 02:16 am
Cats on leashes? You must

Cats on leashes? You must never have had a cat. My cats never go outside and they are quite happy that way. Other people let their cats out, but the spayed and neutered ones do not wander far from home. Cats rarely attack or bite people, they bury their "business," they are not "pack animals" as dogs are. A group of loose dogs are as dangerous as the most aggressive in the group. They follow the leader. Cats would have to be carefully trained to walk on a leash, and most will not do so at all. They refer privacy for their bodily functions. I suppose there is a problem with birds being killed, but they are natural hunters and they eat their prey. With so many hunters defending their "hobby,' I should think they would understand. I do urge people to keep their cats indoors; they adjust to it quite happily.

dokken36055
dokken36055 01/22/07 - 08:03 am
The convicts funeral wasnt

The convicts funeral wasnt even worth 48 cents let along 48000 it only brought out the biggest racist (sharpton and jesse ). You only see them when they can get there name in the news

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 01/22/07 - 09:19 am
dokken you were arrested on a

dokken you were arrested on a dui charge so that makes you a convict, too. You can't even throw the first stone. I wonder how much you think YOUR funeral will be worth?

NEone
NEone 01/22/07 - 09:21 am
Augusta should come together

Augusta should come together and get along because James Brown wanted it??? Who cares WHAT JB wanted?!? Please, he was a person who did his job, and happened to call Augusta home. So what?

edst4
edst4 01/22/07 - 09:42 am
Once again lets drop the

Once again lets drop the James Brown comments Gezzz folks it is getting old. Everybody has responded with how they feel.

HUH2
HUH2 01/22/07 - 09:45 am
I really don't think it

I really don't think it matters what it was worth.My question would be why are taxpayers footing the bill. By all accounts his estate is worth alot of money. Probably more than our fair city has in its coffers. I have buried too many loved ones and me and my family HAD to cough up the money and we certainly didn't have the rescourses of Mr. Browns estate.

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 10:12 am
Nasty weather we are having

Nasty weather we are having today aye?

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 10:16 am
Congrats to Deke and the

Congrats to Deke and the Conventions Board for having a vision. Two great ideas: 1. It's a great idea to demolish the civic center and build a new one. 2. Tees convention center is sorely needed on the riverwalk. This is just the type of out of the box thinking the leaders in Augusta need. It's about time!

intheknow
intheknow 01/22/07 - 10:16 am
It's amazing how some in this

It's amazing how some in this country put some people above others. How much do you think it cost for Air Force One to fly a President to a rally or to vacation? It would have cost the same amount of money had the Sheriff's department at the last minute had to mobilize its deputies to help with traffic control. How much does it cost the city every year during Masters week? So each one of you that are upset about your tax paying money going towards the cost, just tell me where to send the $2 dollars to.

ivymist
ivymist 01/22/07 - 10:21 am
I wish the Blue Horse would

I wish the Blue Horse would be dead and forgotten quickly, except as an example not to repeat. The reasons it failed are numerous. I agree that it was a bad idea to open a music venue where Augusta bands would play for $10 (and the next night be somewhere else for $2) and pieces of well-known bands would play without the rest of their well-known cohorts (who honestly goes to see the bass player from one band, with a group of other people?). I also know that I would rather pay $6 to see a show in a bar that is smoky (and I am allergic to cigarette smoke) than spend $12 to see the exact same band play in a smoke free venue, if I then have to deal with the toddler children of someone who works in the place being VERY loud and obnoxious through the entire first set. That was the reason I vowed never to return to the Blue Horse. If someone was playing who was actually from Augusta that I wanted to see, I would hope they played somewhere else, take an allergy pill before, and a shower when I got home... and hope for the best. I was not going back. Like I said, I am glad it is gone.

bearsfan02
bearsfan02 01/22/07 - 10:29 am
the return for 5 hotel rooms

the return for 5 hotel rooms for jackson,sharpton and their cronies certainly was not worth 48,000 of taxpayer money. I cannot believe someone is equating Jb to the job of president nomatter which party is in the office. If air force one flies for personal matter the tab is picked up by whatever party is in power.

MyOpinion2
MyOpinion2 01/22/07 - 10:30 am
Right keep those cats

Right keep those cats indoors, and if you can't then have them on a leash. And if you cant keep em on a leash or indoors, don't have one.

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 10:36 am
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! Did

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH! Did ya'll know that James Brown is DEAD? Guess what else? His funeral service is OVER and done with! May I suggest that Augusta gets over it as well? This is as old and tired as 3 week old bread. LET IT GO!

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 10:43 am
Cats? I hate those free

Cats? I hate those free roaming neighborhood cats! They [filtered word] and spray all over the flower beds and they get into everything. Whenever I see them on my property, I pop them with the good ol bb gun. With minimal pumps of course! LOL

BoldTruth
BoldTruth 01/22/07 - 10:46 am
JXK, yes this weather we are

JXK, yes this weather we are having is very nasty...the only time today I will agree with you....LOL

intheknow
intheknow 01/22/07 - 10:47 am
Check your facts bearsfan. It

Check your facts bearsfan. It is aganist the law for any polictical party to pay for any thing the President does.

Rose
Rose 01/22/07 - 10:52 am
People who drink and drive

People who drink and drive have no respect for human life. They just don't care, as long as they can do what they want to do. I have a friend who lost a daughter and a niece to a drunk driver. I also knew a woman and her husband who lost their lives because of a drunk driver. They left a small child with no parent. All the pain drunk drivers cause can never be made up. Sorry doesn't change a thing.

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 10:54 am
Now now, unREALITY1, don't

Now now, unREALITY1, don't get something started because you will only end up being wrong and mad yet again. But, hey you must be getting used to the abuse! lol

Augusta Mom
Augusta Mom 01/22/07 - 10:56 am
WHOEVER SAID CATS AREN'T

WHOEVER SAID CATS AREN'T DESTRUCTIVE HAS NEVER LIVED I MY NEIGHBORHOOD! My new car was parked in front of my home last fall and the next door neighbor's cat pooped in the leaves that had fallen on top. DISGUSTING!!! And then the little darling proceeded to cover it up, scratching the paint on my trunk as he did. The neighbor laughed at me! She has @ 30 cats and feeds them with canned cat food on pieces of wax paper in the back yard. Very pleasant in the summer months!
I have 4 elderly Poms who are rugularly attached by these cats when they go out innn their own backyard. I have to be responsible for pulling dead kittens from under my house when these "pets" have numerous litters. KEEP CATS INSIDE!!!!

way
way 01/22/07 - 11:34 am
Sometimes drugs do great

Sometimes drugs do great things. Look what it did for Ashley Smith. Got her thousands of dollars, and I saw in the newspaper yesterday that she is marrying one of her drug buddies that she hung with after her husband was stabbed to death. Bet her Aunt is proud now.

HUH2
HUH2 01/22/07 - 11:47 am
I understand some people are

I understand some people are cat lovers but they pale in comparison to the desire that my dobie has to "embrace" them. It's simply responsible pet ownership. What's the hard part? As far as the weather it's a great day to be a duck.

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 12:41 pm
The daisy pump action II

The daisy pump action II pellet/BB gun works wonders on those ragedy neighborhood strays that are running around. And believe it or not, they (cats) actually have a pretty good memory after being popped a few times, they tend to stay away. Get one for your neighbor cat problem at fine stores like wal-mart and k-mart today.

what
what 01/22/07 - 02:20 pm
UHHH....JXK that would fall

UHHH....JXK that would fall under the category of Animal Abuse and could get you arrested. I'll be more than happy to make the nessesary phone calls if/when I find out where you live!

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 02:43 pm
Keep you cats in the house,

Keep you cats in the house, away from my property and you won't have a problem. Otherwise check them for bb shots every now and then.

PetsArePeopleToo
PetsArePeopleToo 01/22/07 - 02:45 pm
As long as the strays are not

As long as the strays are not bothering my yards birds and do not plow through the trash for food , I have no problem with them. Besides I have yet to see a mouse or snake in my yard as they have been known to help with this problem . I can
freely weed my gardens with no worry of grabbing a snake.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 01/22/07 - 03:04 pm
LOL JXK you have me laughing

LOL JXK you have me laughing again! And may I ask "what???" a question about animal abuse.... Someone said a cat took a dump on his new car on the leaves that had fallen on it, and then scratched up the paint while "burying" it. I say if the cat is on your property, there is nothing wrong with popping it with a BB gun. It's kinda like how they say if you shoot a burglar in your house you won't go to prison LOL
I'm gonna buy JXK a real shotgon so that way he only has to shoot those nasty stinking cats ONCE! hahahaha!

The Madame
The Madame 01/22/07 - 03:16 pm
you people will argue about

you people will argue about anything-- If anyone wants to join me and my cat for our nightly stroll around the neighborhood, let me know. They are quite easy to train to leash.

gear
gear 01/22/07 - 03:29 pm
James Brown, Cats running

James Brown, Cats running around.....c'mon augusta...what's next??????

gear
gear 01/22/07 - 03:30 pm
Did anyboby watch the

Did anyboby watch the football games on Sunday? By the way who won the games?

JXK
JXK 01/22/07 - 03:34 pm
Yankee: I just figured since

Yankee: I just figured since the topics were ONCE again about JB I would stir up something different. I love cats! In fact I have quite a few that I keep real close to me.....BURIED IN THE YARD! They are the ones that suffered at the hands of forgetful pumps (hmmm how many was that? 4 or 14) Darn! Oh well, too late now! FIRE! MEOOOOOOOOOW!