Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

I RECEIVED A LOVELY poinsettia during the holidays. There is a Santa Claus if you'll only believe.

IS ANYONE BESIDES me fed up with certain folks bellyaching about one of our most courageous and outstanding community leaders named A.K. Hasan? One hundred honest white leaders could not have accomplished what this one, honest black man did. Charles "Money Man" Larke is gone. It cost dearly, but it was worth every penny we spent.

I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT lady was married to James Brown and had his kid. She is entitled to a lot of what he had; after all, it is James Brown's kid.

THIS IS A RANT FOR the lady who wrote in about Bob Smith on Channel 12 wearing his blue shirt every day. He does a fantastic job - get a life, lady.

IT WAS VERY OBVIOUS that a deal was made between Gerald Ford and Richard Nixon.

Augustaman
Augustaman 12/31/06 - 04:30 am
To the idiot that claims

To the idiot that claims there was a deal made between Mr Ford and Mr Nixon, how did you come to that informaion? Where did you hear that? How dare you make such accusations. Mr Ford was looking out for the interest of our country with out any kind of DEAL. Mr. Ford was a good man and would never have made a deal. Read your history before you open your mouth. You Democrat.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 12/31/06 - 06:23 am
and away weeeeeee

and away weeeeeee goooooooooo! Let's start early with this negative stuff. Happy New Year.

LOULOU1
LOULOU1 12/31/06 - 09:13 am
please,please,please enough

please,please,please enough of james brown! did he ever build homes for people that lived in his old neighborhood? why was he living in south carolina and not in augusta? why didn't beech island honor him as well?

owensjef
owensjef 12/31/06 - 10:11 am
It just ruins your day huh

It just ruins your day huh Loulou, who cares, just the world.
He was a beloved famous person and the National Press is on Augusta, and you are tired of it.

owensjef
owensjef 12/31/06 - 10:27 am
I have not heard one bad

I have not heard one bad thing said about Gerald Ford, he must have been a very humble and nice man. Giving Nixon the pardon was the right thing to do. Speaking out about Iraq after death, was the wrong thing.

myobgdi
myobgdi 12/31/06 - 10:46 am
Gerald Ford did not speak out

Gerald Ford did not speak out against Iraq after death. Some snake went public with a 3 year old tape AFTER he died. Blame Bob Woodward for that one, not Gerald Ford.

Rose
Rose 12/31/06 - 10:59 am
Gerald Ford was a trustworthy

Gerald Ford was a trustworthy President. He was an honest President and brought this country back together. He will be missed.

PTDefender
PTDefender 12/31/06 - 11:00 am
OK... my turn... 1) Gerald

OK... my turn...

1) Gerald Ford did the right thing my giving Nixon a pardon as a means to bring our country back together again. (Is there anyone the Commisioners need to pardon to bring THEM back together to work for our community/)

2) Mr Brown claimed Augusta as his home, and if you're talking about a man who had over 50 years service in the Entertainment field (say that about any other performer and you're talking about historic proportions) he knew that living in Augusta would not give him the peace and quiet he deserved after many months on the road performing to the WORLD!!!

Now shove THAT in yer hooka and smoke it.

IoWaHaWkEyEs
IoWaHaWkEyEs 12/31/06 - 11:36 am
I have an idea, lets find

I have an idea, lets find something new to talk about. No more James Brown or Gerald Ford! Something positive! What is everyone doing tonight to celebrate?

Rose
Rose 12/31/06 - 11:44 am
Not much has been said here

Not much has been said here about Gerald Ford. Tuesday is a national day of mourning, and you want to not talk about Ford?

onelove
onelove 12/31/06 - 11:48 am
I rather have the national

I rather have the national news cover James Brown rather then the Masters. Atleast James Brown brought flavor to Augusta. What does the Masters do bring us TRAFFIC? Loulou is just J cause they not famous!!!! Stop being haters.

owensjef
owensjef 12/31/06 - 11:51 am
Let me be clear on this , he

Let me be clear on this , he should have spoken his mind while he was living, this country needed more Republicans to speake out on this issue besides Chuck Hagle. I know he has been ill and did not need any fights, but to waist all this money and lives on a country that was already isolated and no threat was a big mistake. Our options to deal with North Korea, Iran , and China are very limited now. They are going (Iran NK) to go Nuclear and they know we can not do anything about it.

ListenAndLearn
ListenAndLearn 12/31/06 - 11:58 am
This message board is here

This message board is here for you to talk about whatever it is you want...so just because somebody comments not to doesn't make it so. Write what you want...and Happy New Year!

IoWaHaWkEyEs
IoWaHaWkEyEs 12/31/06 - 12:02 pm
Wow....you guys are way too

Wow....you guys are way too serious! What you all need to do is exchange phone numbers and meet up somewhere and talk! I would love to see that one! Then we'll see how much people run their mouths in public!

Rose
Rose 12/31/06 - 12:06 pm
Thank you KK. I think we

Thank you KK. I think we should pay honor to former President Gerald Ford, because he was our leader at one time. He held the office during a very difficult time. He did not choose the job. He took the office of Vice President when Spiro Agnew resigned. Then when Nixon resigned, Ford was in line for President. I think he did a good job the short time he was in office.

Peetie5355
Peetie5355 12/31/06 - 12:19 pm
I just wanted to tell

I just wanted to tell everybody out there HAPPY NEW YEAR and I hope everyone will have a good one. We need to stop hating each other and start getting along. We need to clean up the music, just like what was discussed in the James Brown Memorial. Again... HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR 2007

IoWaHaWkEyEs
IoWaHaWkEyEs 12/31/06 - 12:27 pm
I hope everyone has a Happy

I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Year! :)

jungletobacco
jungletobacco 12/31/06 - 12:37 pm
james brown shouldnt had

james brown shouldnt had respected Augusta the way he did. Augusta didnt respect him nor his work until seeing how the world veiw him. Now Augusta is seeing dollar, trying to find ways to make money off of Mr. Brown names. Think we should change the city name from Augusta to James Brown GA cause the world respects Mr. Brown more than Augusta. Micheal Jackson wouldnt be caught dead in Augusta.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 12/31/06 - 12:37 pm
John Lennon...was a great

John Lennon...was a great entertainer and brilliant muscian and I loved and respected his music...but he was not a GOOD man John Bulishi was a funny funny man and great talent and I loved watching him...but he was not a GOOD man James Brown was a great entainer and I respect his talent....but he was not a GOOD man......Oh and let us not forget the KING, Elvis was NOT a GOOD man! All these men were entertainers everything good that they did was calculated to impress the media and public. They are not saints just because they are dead...we need to make heros out of truly GOOD men...like our troops and their families who really are giving of themselves. Like all the people who give their time freely to the elderly and mentor the young...these are the people we need to read about and honor.

EdithPiaf
EdithPiaf 12/31/06 - 12:44 pm
During the ceremony

During the ceremony yesterday, they showed a clip of James Brown dancing with his WIFE, Tomi Rae. He had a huge smile on his face. She made him happy. He obviously loved her, and they had a son. I'm sure he would not have wanted her and the boy locked out of their home on Christmas morning. If Deanna Brown and Co. thought their marriage was an issue, why didn't she discuss it with her father BEFORE he died? Seems like she and his lawyer just could not wait to do this to her "stepmother".

devilboy
devilboy 12/31/06 - 12:59 pm
Who's ready for me this

Who's ready for me this morning

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 12/31/06 - 01:02 pm
I am not sure what the

I am not sure what the maritial status of Tomi Rae is ..but she has a son by Brown..and it just seems that the lawyer jumped pretty fast to lock her out...I am sure he will be in charge of the estate and is making sure he will not have any compition in bleeding it dry.

devilboy
devilboy 12/31/06 - 01:03 pm
I, like everyone else am

I, like everyone else am tired of hearing about James Brown, but it's whats in the news right now. Some people love him some people hate him. The fact is we have to wait for something else to grab our attention before we stop talking about him. I'm sure the Augusta Commission will do something outrageous to give us something else to talk about.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 12/31/06 - 01:04 pm
Give us your best shot

Give us your best shot devilboy !!!! LOL!!!

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 12/31/06 - 01:09 pm
OH yes !! No doubt the three

OH yes !! No doubt the three "traveling commissioners" are enjoying this respite that Mr. Brown has given them....but rest assured we are watching and waiting for the next bit of raping and pilfering of the poor misguided citizens of Augusta!

devilboy
devilboy 12/31/06 - 01:12 pm
Come on Augusta you got a

Come on Augusta you got a whole new year ahead of you to embarass yourself as some backwater hick town. Whats it gonna be this year. Will Charles Locke run for public office or Champ Walker win the lottery(more tax money) again. Maybe the city will come up with something totally original. Start thinking Augusta I can't wait.

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 12/31/06 - 01:17 pm
Here's wishing everyone a

Here's wishing everyone a Safe and Happy New Year's Eve !!
Please do not drink and drive....please do not shoot anyone
please do not stab anyone...plaease do not rob anyone...
please do not beat up any one at riverwalk...There that should just about do it !!!

BE SAFE !!!!!!

rzombie125
rzombie125 12/31/06 - 01:18 pm
aikoz808: You obviously

aikoz808: You obviously don't have a clue about how good the Augusta National is to this community. They bring in more money to the local economy than any other event all year long. They also give more money to local charities than any other person or business in the csra.

owensjef
owensjef 12/31/06 - 01:19 pm
How bout dem DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!

How bout dem DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!

kudzo-n-roses
kudzo-n-roses 12/31/06 - 01:44 pm
If it were not for the

If it were not for the Masters....Augusta would not even be on the map.