Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RANT about Marion Williams and his quote regarding the drag strip, "If that land is not available, then we got to find another land." Here's a suggestion: Hades.

THIS BETTY BEARD and Marion Williams group that keeps taking vacations on the people's tax money is the most arrogant (group) I've ever seen. Don't let a fish fry persuade you to vote for these people. They're in it only for what they can get, and they're using city tax money to get it. They have no shame.

THIS IS TO THE person who said that if we're so unhappy with the commissioners and mayor we should just take them out of office. Excuse me, but what planet did you come from? Our legal system in Augusta is just as crooked as anywhere else, but we do need help. We do need new leadership. We need commissioners who listen to the taxpayers and a mayor who's not afraid to hit the gavel.

I HAVE A RANT about what's important in school. I have a granddaughter whose daddy has been in the hospital having a triple bypass for the past week. She's staying at her grandmother's, who can't drive to where she lives to get her more clothes to wear and the teacher today paperclips her jacket together because she doesn't have on a solid-colored shirt for school. How important is this?

THIS IS A RANT for the person who called in and said not to donate to the Salvation Army anymore because they're giving the money to the Richmond County recreation department. From what I have learned, the money that they have given to the recreation department is money that was willed to them and they're returning some of it to the people in the area by donating to the recreation department.

THIS IS A RAVE for Riverside Elementary School. We attended a musical festival at Riverside Elementary on Dec. 7. It was absolutely wonderful. Our thanks to Judy Dunn and the children for a job well done. Excellent.

I HAVE A RAVE for whoever lined all the streets off Berckmans Road in Jamestown with the beautiful luminarias. Thank you for celebrating the holidays with everyone.

EVERYONE'S ALWAYS so politically correct about Augusta Mall. The bottom line, the people are thinking, is that Augusta Mall was for the white people and Regency Mall was for the black people and after they closed Regency Mall all the black people came into Augusta Mall in droves and now it's so crowded. OK, let's get past that and think about what we can do to make it safe for all colors and all nationalities.

Jenn30907
Jenn30907 12/19/06 - 06:22 am
I'm so sick of black and

I'm so sick of black and white this and black and white that. People in Augusta call themselves Christians but they can't even get past the color of someone's skin.

footstepstoglory
footstepstoglory 12/19/06 - 07:07 am
To the person who asked me

To the person who asked me what planet I am from concerning the commissioners, I am no fool!!!!! I came here to stay and fight for the people here. True, absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if the people won't stand together, then you are allowing this government to spend your tax dollars on things that will not benefit the people. So you sit back and do nothing. I will fight for the people of Augusta as I am one of them. We need to hold these commissioners accountable for what they do with OUR MONEY! What happens when you don't try? NOTHING!

onelove
onelove 12/19/06 - 07:28 am
I want to say merry christmas

I want to say merry christmas and Thank u to the dumbie that stole my EMPTY mail box last night in Covington Pl. AGAIN Please come back tonight so I can introduce u to my new dog .

parents inc
parents inc 12/19/06 - 07:34 am
To the principal at tubman

To the principal at tubman middle school,you are putting our kids out of school in record numbers,remember your court date is near and God is watching.

JXK
JXK 12/19/06 - 07:35 am
Bottom line...you get what

Bottom line...you get what you vote for. The fact that you have corrupt and incompetent leadership is a direct representation on the people who voted them in to office. The good news however is this, it's all fixable. The same ignorant people that voted these knuckleheads into office can wake up and vote them out of office too. Stop complaining about the commissioners and leadership of Augusta and make the change at the ballot box.

ForHim
ForHim 12/19/06 - 07:39 am
Merry Christmas Isabelle!

Merry Christmas Isabelle!

PoliticallyNcorrect
PoliticallyNcorrect 12/19/06 - 08:14 am
It would be nice if voteing

It would be nice if voteing them out would work but all it will do is give some other crook a chance to stick it to us & line their pockets. Check Augustas history...theres a long history of crooked politicians. If you think thats going to change...want to by some beach front property ???

stewartist
stewartist 12/19/06 - 08:33 am
THIS IS TO "Jenn30907"..ALL

THIS IS TO "Jenn30907"..ALL people in Augusta, whether it's christians, nonchristians or whatever, do not share the same opinion as the "thebisback"..you have to understand that we live in a world full of ignorant people, and they come in an array of colors. I agree with you, but we have to just ignore the comments of the ignorant. Have a Great Christmas!!!

JXK
JXK 12/19/06 - 08:35 am
VOTE FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS AND

VOTE FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS AND YOUR CHANCES OF ELECTING CORRUPT POLITICIANS LESSENS SIGNIFICANTLY. Vote for those who have proven moral convictions and stop blaming history! Oh ronnies111: Try spell check or get a dictionary. Goodness!

jungletobacco
jungletobacco 12/19/06 - 08:37 am
Now this racist town is going

Now this racist town is going to give the Augusta Mall to the blacks and built the village at the riverwatch for the whites. If whites dont want blacks in the Augusta Mall build up south Augusta like west Augusta. Blacks dont bother whites but just being in the presence of blacks make whites uneasy. Why is that?

fergie01
fergie01 12/19/06 - 08:54 am
hello people . lets get a

hello people . lets get a grip here. in case you have not noticed ..black people live in west and shop in west augusta for the same reason white people do. we are all looking for a certain item. and most of these stores are in west augusta.oh by the way . i am white. merry christmas all.

Init 2 winit
Init 2 winit 12/19/06 - 08:58 am
Stewartist: I couldn't have

Stewartist: I couldn't have said it any better! Thank You! Merry Christmas all!

HGGP
HGGP 12/19/06 - 08:59 am
Please do not catagorize

Please do not catagorize "all" people in this area as feeling this way. I do not take my children to Augusta Mall that often because of the ignorance of the people there. Ignorance comes in all shapes, sizes, colors and nationalities. I have faced that ignorance from all of the above. We do not need to change the places that these people hang out, we need to change them. But that my friends will be impossible. So I make the changes myself. I raise my children correctly to the best of my knowledge and ability. I teach them right from wrong and ignorant verses intellegent. I can instill this into them starting at a young age and hope that it will stay with them through their lives when they are faced with those of a more ignorant nature. So you can not change these people because their parents did not raise them with those values or they were raised that way and choose not to use those values. Start at home with your children. As a community we can only raise the ones who want to be raised and raise them to the best of our ability. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

stepyga
stepyga 12/19/06 - 09:00 am
My self personally am a white

My self personally am a white female and I have no problems with blacks. I have two boys that are in school, they both have black and white friends. And yes if any of their black friends come over to the house I treat them just like I do the white friends. People now these days are just letting their ignorance get in the way.Trust me there are just as many white people out there acting a fool as there are black people.If you ask me now these days you see more young black males out here actually working and the white young males living off mama and daddy.And yes I am from the West side, but I grew up on the south side.

JXK
JXK 12/19/06 - 09:03 am
I have an idea. Don't respond

I have an idea. Don't respond to the ignorant racist comments posted on here, it only inflames. And for the Sorry excuse of a news paper The Chronicle...STOP POSTING COMMENTS THAT ARE FILLED WITH HATRED AND FUELING THE RACIST DIVIDE IN THE CSRA.

Unbelievable
Unbelievable 12/19/06 - 09:05 am
The amount of idiots in this

The amount of idiots in this town never ceases to amaze me. Maybe if the parents wouldnt use the mall as daycare the mall would be a more pleasant place to shop. Remodeling it isnt going to help it out, remember the old saying, "You can't polish a turd".

footstepstoglory
footstepstoglory 12/19/06 - 09:11 am
Everyone was made in the

Everyone was made in the Image of God, so quite frankly, nobody has color, but they all bleed red, they all have feelings, and they all have a heart.
Merry Christmas my fellow Americans.

JXK
JXK 12/19/06 - 09:12 am
Futhermore, for those of you

Futhermore, for those of you that happen to make it o heaven you will be in for a big surprise! There is no white, black, italian, indian, baptist, catholic, church of god, lutheran, male or female! There are nothing but beleivers there with new bodies that look like HIM. This short period of time we have here is nothing more than a preparation peroid for kingdom living. Sadly it seems, that most in Augusta are failing the test. Where is the love and compassion?

konphidence
konphidence 12/19/06 - 09:30 am
I must say, I have NEVER

I must say, I have NEVER heard of such disarray in one town. Some of the comments posted here really shows the world the ignorance displayed over the internet. I am not from Augusta but I visit quite often to see friends. If your not complaining about the commissioners, superintendent and the school board, YOU are always talking about how blacks are ruining Augusta. Then you have the blacks complaining about not getting their fair share. I have a tip for Augusta, I think you really need to have a public forum to discuss the racial problems that is slowly destroying the beautiful area. Just think about one day God forbid, you are involved in a terrible accident needing an operation and a black doctor is attending to your injuries. Would you rather die or will you TRUST the doctor to treat you like he/she does everybody else. To the black community stop thinking that "whitey" is out to destroy your way of life. If you can commit to trusting others I think this PROBLEM will solve itself in time. I just have one other comment, with the comments posted has any one of these people lived outside of Augusta, Ga. to witness how other communities live in harmony? Just think about it?

ForHim
ForHim 12/19/06 - 09:44 am
Yesterday, I was reading thru

Yesterday, I was reading thru the comments again and just thinking how sad some of this stuff sounded. Then I just burst into laughter. We all sound like something that could be on a computer Jerry Springer show!!!! LOL! LOL! I could just picture people typing ... no, banging away at the keyboard and then just hitting the enter key as hard as they could to post their comments as if they were trying to take a swing at someone. Well, I think I will stay out of the brawl for the rest of today, so Merry Christmas everyone! And have a wonderful day today!

elizaw
elizaw 12/19/06 - 10:10 am
"ForHim" you are not the

"ForHim" you are not the only one. Stay Blessed!!!!

elizaw
elizaw 12/19/06 - 10:14 am
I am so sorry, but I just

I am so sorry, but I just read the "thebisback" comment. What is a racist? there is your answer right there. So sad to have people like you. But I do hope that one day something will happen to you where you would have to depend on a minority. You Stay Blessed!!!

Captain Awesome
Captain Awesome 12/19/06 - 10:19 am
I've recently moved here from

I've recently moved here from the Midwest. I really like Augusta and have enjoyed the people. I decided to stay because it looks like things are moving up. There are some cities out there way ahead of Augusta in reconciling differences and just plain functioning. But once this town catches up, I think Augusta will be one of the best places to be.

badgirl6979
badgirl6979 12/19/06 - 10:32 am
This is a comment to the

This is a comment to the idiot that made that comment about Blacks and the Augusta Mall You would be better to leave the Area and keep your punk remark to yourself. As a Black Person myself I am amused at all the White Trash that hang out at the Augusta Mall .

elizaw
elizaw 12/19/06 - 10:34 am
I agree "samblam", I am from

I agree "samblam", I am from the midwest also. Augusta, really has it going on, they just don't realize it. But it is a SLOW city that really needs to catch up with the times. I am glad after reading the other comments, that their are good people out there and speaking up. JXK you are right Augusta Chronicle needs to stop posting comments if it deals with RACIST comments, because it does flairs people up. Please people post your comments if you are not a racist and go against people like "thebisback" and let the person know there are Whites and Blacks that are not racist. We need to come up against this mess.

puppy
puppy 12/19/06 - 11:16 am
I would like to wish the

I would like to wish the employees at Augusta Housing Authority a "Merry Christmas" and a safe and "Happy New Year"!

Thanks for all you do each and every day!

rzombie125
rzombie125 12/19/06 - 11:49 am
'badgirl6979' You know, some

'badgirl6979' You know, some white people would take your remark "white trash" in the same context as a black person would take the word "ni..er". Both have no place in society!

Delirious58
Delirious58 12/19/06 - 12:20 pm
augustans, we need to

augustans, we need to pray.

intheknow
intheknow 12/19/06 - 12:47 pm
People like Jungletobbacco

People like Jungletobbacco and badgirl need to take a look in the mirror. Stop blaming your problems on others and accept responsibility for your own actions. If some one of a different race had said the thing they did they would be going to the NAACP or the so called New Black Panthers. I wonder what would happen if someother racist group came forward making the same comments?

ladybug2
ladybug2 12/19/06 - 12:54 pm
who cares about race, i am

who cares about race, i am asian and i dont go to the augusta mall because the stores just suck!

Kettle donations rise in 2014