Shepeard Community Blood Center will hold four blood drives Saturday. Blood donations typically drop during the holiday season and January blood drives help replenish the supply, said Linda Petersen, the marketing manager for Shepeard.
All blood types are needed, but especially B-positive, O-negative, A-negative and B-negative, Petersen said. Blood drives will be held at the following locations:
- Walmart, 1201 Knox Ave., North Augusta, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ridgecrest Apartments, 926 Stevens Creek Rd., Augusta, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- G.R.A.C.E. Health Science Fair, 50 Canal St. Suite 12, Graniteville, S.C., from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lincolnton Baptist Church, 235 S. Peachtree St., Lincolnton, Ga., from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Two Shepeard Community Blood Centers will also be open Saturday:
- Evans location: 4329 Washington Road from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; call (706) 854-1582
- Aiken location: 353 Fabian Drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; call (803) 643-7996