All blood types are needed, but especially B-positive, O-negative, A-negative and B-negative, Petersen said. Blood drives will be held at the following locations:
- Walmart, 1201 Knox Ave., North Augusta, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ridgecrest Apartments, 926 Stevens Creek Rd., Augusta, from 1 to 4 p.m.
- G.R.A.C.E. Health Science Fair, 50 Canal St. Suite 12, Graniteville, S.C., from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lincolnton Baptist Church, 235 S. Peachtree St., Lincolnton, Ga., from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Two Shepeard Community Blood Centers will also be open Saturday:
- Evans location: 4329 Washington Road from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; call (706) 854-1582
- Aiken location: 353 Fabian Drive from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.; call (803) 643-7996