ATLANTA — Now that Georgia Republicans have settled on businessman David Perdue as their nominee for the state's open Senate seat, the real battle begins with a marquee match-up in the fall against Democrat Michelle Nunn that could help determine control of the chamber.
The retirement of Republican U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss set off a political game of musical chairs that was only partially settled with Tuesday’s runoff election.
- Augusta District 6: Hasan wins 52-48%
- Georgia Senate District 22: Jones wins 61-39%
- 10th Congressional District: Hice wins GOP
- GOP U.S. Senate: Perdue wins GOP - 50.71%
- GOP school race: Richard Woods defeats Mike Buck by 726 votes.