Election Day Rants & Raves

Editor’s Note: Because of the overwhelming number of election-themed Rants & Raves received, we are offering these for our online readers.

Election comments from readers:

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama is that Mr.Romney gives away his money and Obama gives away OUR money.

WHY WOULD LEE ANDERSON want to debate a person who would say anything to get elected, like some of the others (or most of them) in Washington? We just need an honest person for a change.

HUGE RAVE TO John Barrow for the most clever campaign ads ever.

A RANT TO THE recent letter-writer who went on and on about how there is little prejudice at present in America. A new, just released AP poll shows that 51 percent of Americans now express explicit anti-black attitudes. It would be a tragedy if racial prejudice costs Obama the presidency.

OBAMA BUDDY TIMBERLAKE making fun of poor people at his wedding. Go figure.

AM I THE ONLY ONE who can’t stand George Clooney?

HOLD ON TO YOUR coffee cup: Obama wins easily! Why do I say this? Because Republicans and their Tea Party mistress have tried 50 different ways to blame and tag President Obama for failing to improve the economy but to no avail. Republicans are a day late and a dollar short as usual.

RAVES TO OBAMA FOR checking on the people and giving up campaigning during Storm Sandy. He even spent time with Gov. Christie of NJ and Romney would not do that.

I WATCHED AN information show on one of the networks last night. President Obama gave a “shout out” to nurses who evacuated babies from an intensive care unit that had lost power during hurricane Sandy. Think about this, if those babies had been born as a result of a botched abortion President Obama voted to leave them to die when he was in the Illinois Senate. Why praise the nurses who fought to keep them little babies alive when President Obama voted to let similar babies die?

FOR FOUR YEARS, Obama’s go-fers have been inventing more government red tape than the law allows, literally. Now, Hero Obama tells the government to cut the red tape for Storm Sandy victims. Why did he invent the red tape to begin with? To control more of YOUR personal life. A week from now, he’ll pile on more red tape.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN Lee Anderson is asked to make a speech in the U.S. Congress? Will Mitt Romney do it for him?

Lee Anderson, please SAY something, anything, anytime and to any of us voters eventhough it will not make any sense except to the less than 1 percent of voters in Columbia County who are farmers like yourself. Also try to get a new modern tractor.

RANT TO FREDDIE SANDERS. You have to realize that when you refer to a group of people as you would refer to a “thing” that you will lose any support you may have had e.g., “the blacks”.

RANT TO VOTER SUPPRESSION advocates. You have to realize that the more you try to keep someone from doing something, the more they want to do it. It is one of the epic battles being fought in every household that has teenagers in it.

POLITICS APPEARS to bring the worst out of a lot of people, but I refuse to let that happen to me. I’m smarter than that. I’m smart enough to know that I will work with, live with, love and appreciate Republicans, Democrats, Independents and people of all races, creeds and ideologies. I’m smart enough to know that on Nov. 6, I will vote my Christian conscience and go back to putting my ultimate trust in the one who never shares power. I’m smart enough to know that I will PRAY for the success of whoever is in the office of president, because as a Christian, that is what I’m called to do. I’m smart enough to know He created us to be better than this. So mainstream, don’t try to incite me with your hateful words and racist attitudes, for which we shall all be held accountable. My God has taught me better...and I’m smarter than that!

OBAMA CALLS ROMNEY a liar, while Obama’s lies continue to set historical lying records. Is Obama aware that he’s lying? Or is he so stupid he doesn’t even realize it?

VOLTAIRE SAID, “It’s dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” Obama’s’ government is always wrong, so America is in dire danger.

I JUST HEARD ON local TV news that Roundtree (running for RC sheriff) would rather let 10 guilty people go than to arrest one innocent!! Is he kidding?

FOR STORM VICTIMS, Obama says, “We are here for you.” Considering his destructive track record, those are frightening words.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED the influx of imported Obama voters in our area? Maybe they are community organizers driving BMWs and Jaguars from out of state. I hope the voter registration office is watching carefully for fraud. Also I would like to know if the county population goes down after the election.

RANT TO ALL the politicians who retract their statements. Don’t say what you mean and then go and clarify what you meant to say. You said what you meant the first time.

JOHN BARROW ONLY votes against the Democrats when his vote will not count. If it is a close vote, he will toe the party line.

AS USUAL WITH political people, I am flip-flopping. I am switching my support from Big Bird to Dagwood for president.

IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED on the news that they are going to put monitors at the voting precincts. This is really against federal law and this duty has already been assigned to the Panther organization.

RANT TO ALL the people complaining about immigrants. Unless you are Native American, you too are an immigrant. Go back to your country, too!

BILL KIRBY, IF YOU want telephone solicitors to leave you off the list, you have to make it worth their while to leave you off. Sass them. I did that when I first moved into town around 1989. I “played” with their minds and time and threatened to tell their managers about them. I have rarely been bothered since and I did not officially sign up on any “do not call” list.

BRENT WEIR for mayor of Blythe. Run, Brent, run!

A BIG RAVE TO the people who painted the Romney signs in Columbia County. That’s less votes for Obama because they just forfeited their vote.

WHAT DO NATHAN DEAL, The Board of Regents, Azziz and Obama all have in common? Can you say incompetence?

PLEASE VOTE IN District 9 for Harold Jones.

I VOTED FOR AMERICA. Are you going to vote for America or are you going to vote black or white?

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that everyone get out and vote if you are able to because we really need to see a turnaround in this country and our community. If you want to see a turnaround in the economy and want to see Social Security and Medicare saved for future generations, please vote for the Romney-Ryan ticket.

IN 2004, OBAMA was against same sex marriages. So, does that make him bigoted, spiteful, and prejudiced?

THE MEDIA TELLS US that Obama has locked in the majority of the votes from women, blacks, Jews, Latinos, Catholics, academics, college students, dead people, and con artists. It appears that the only hope we have to keep from becoming the Socialist States of America is for white American men to get off their collective posteriors and go vote in record numbers.

AN ELEPHANT IN Korea can say (imitate) a few words and phrases in human speech. Maybe Obama will hire the elephant as an adviser. A Korean talking elephant makes more sense than Obama.

WE NEED TO GET RID of all politicians before they doom the earth.

WILL OBAMA ALLOW foreign ships to bring help to NY & NJ, or will he turn them away like he did after the BP spill, to protect his union buddies?

EVERYTIME LEE ANDERSON is speaking on TV, they ought to have subtitles on the screen like they do for the “Honey Boo Boo” family.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 11:06 am
Before the so called native Americans

Right here on the banks of the Savannah River.

I don't know why my stylist didn't copy the link. But I found it in a second by Googling "Allendale Anthropological Project."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 11:06 am
More union shenanigans.

Nice people huh?

"NJ Transit ends free rides for non-union workers"

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 11:13 am
As we whine Down

Where would we be at today if?

Mr. Obama had promoted jobs for the Average American jobless, as much as he did to for his union friends jobs,

Mr. Obama had been asked during the Campaign if there was a New Nation Healthcare plan in the works,

Mr. Obama had been fully Vett'ed as Senator,

Mr. Obama had been fully Vett'ed as a Presidential Candidate,

or if the media had released Mr. Obama's college documents where he used a different name and nationality as a foreign exchange student,

or asked Mr. Obama in the 1st campaign if he had Communists Mentors and his views of it vs. the Free Enterprise system.

All the questions that were missed that could have saved years of turmoil.

Where was our Watch Dog Media?
Likely right there helping him promote "Historic Change", instead of doing their job as a watch dog for the public.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 11:10 am
From KSL's link

"Subsequent excavations and studies have revealed that ancient humans were present 16,000 or more years ago, some two to three thousand years earlier than previously allowed by textbooks. Known as the Topper Site, it appears to be one of several sites in the eastern U.S. producing evidence that humans were living in the western hemisphere during the last Ice Age."

Please don't tell Paul Broun about this, his head will explode to find out the earth is more than 6000 years old... (:

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 11:24 am
Each side has its share

of media spotlighted interesting people.

It is called a Human Race.

Need we remind you of the Views of 1870-1960 where most Democrats felt it was a waste of money to educate an African American.

Note: They did not use the term African American either.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 11:24 am
Unions

Have given me a sour taste in my mouth since I was in grammar school in the 50's. My dad was hired by a teamster to sue the union because the union had not lived up to its promises. I don't remember the details and probably never knew them. I just remember two specifics.

I feared for my father's safety because I knew enough about Jimmy Hoffa and his thugs from TV.

My father told me that there was no way they could win the case because it was his small law firm up against an army of union lawyers. He sincerely felt his client had been wronged by the union he signed on with to represent him.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 11:33 am
This was during a period when

This was during a period when it was all over the news at night about the nefarious doings of the Teamsters's Union.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 12:35 pm
Got a TSD

For pointing to a link to an archaeological site. Just goes to show the points thing needs to disappear ASAP.

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/06/12 - 12:37 pm
@Jake, @Seenit and Cgee!

Jake is right about all of today's rants and raves being dung and Seenit and Cgee probably like me have chosen to just stay out of the mess! Happy Birthday RK; "and many more!"

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 01:03 pm
A very Happy Birthday to

A very Happy Birthday to Roadkill. I can guarantee the vote of my 89 year old southern mother, who was born and reared southern Dem, my 2 sons and their wives, my 2 siblings and one spouse, probably ex spouse as well, 7 nieces and nephews and spouses or sig others. I could go on.

I do have a first cousin who is a social worker. Her deceased husband was a psychologist. They came to Thanksgiving dinner at my mother's house just after the election of Obama and he actually tried to engage us in a conversation about how great that was. FAIL MAJOR. We just looked at him and said nothing. I could not believe someone would try to hijack a family gathering to gloat.

YeCats
YeCats 11/06/12 - 01:30 pm
Just voted. No wait at Beech

Just voted.

No wait at Beech Island FD. Small line out the door, at the Masonic lodge. Light shower :-)

Let's get her done!

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 02:30 pm
This one says a

This one says a lot....

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 02:32 pm
So get out and vote YOUR

So get out and vote YOUR CHOICE. I did.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 02:37 pm
Just spoke with a Campaign Poll Watcher

He has observed vehicles from DeKalb and Fulton bringing in people at a few polling places, that he has spot checked before 12noon.

rebellious
rebellious 11/06/12 - 02:59 pm
Roadkill

Happy Birthday!

rebellious
rebellious 11/06/12 - 03:00 pm
Just got back

from the polls. Been voting all morning, and boy am I worn out. Doing my share for Roadkill's Birthday present.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 03:09 pm
Roadkill - Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! and many more.

Had mine recently also.

Here is hoping the outcome of today is a good present.

All indications are everyone is voting as much as they can ;-)

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 03:17 pm
Hey. There is nothing wrong

Hey. There is nothing wrong with people from other counties or states hauling our registered voter to the polls.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 06:29 pm
unless

They are voting as dead people on the rolls.

Our precicnt is heavily conservative. I have never had to stand in line as long as I did today. Way more red I voted stickers gone than blue ones. RK, this precinct wishes you Happy Birthday.

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 04:15 pm
KSL almost all voter fraud is

KSL almost all voter fraud is cause by poll workers and state officials; not by the voters.Hollering dead people are voting is just a way to scared voters not to vote.

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 04:19 pm
Early voting in GA began

Early voting in GA began when? I lost track of time. It was 2 or 3 wks ago from yesterday. There are probably a few who voted those days that have died since they voted, but their votes will still be counted.

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 04:31 pm
This morning in Pennsylvania

This morning in Pennsylvania a man pushed a button to vote for Obama, and it checked Romney. He tried several times to vote his choice, but each time it checked Romney instead of Obama. The machine was removed after the poll worker said the machine was ok.

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 04:39 pm
We have peach stickers; not

We have peach stickers; not red or blue. Everyone gets the same peach sticker.

dwb619
dwb619 11/06/12 - 05:58 pm
I voted stickers

Don't know if that was a "bait" comment or not, but the precinct in Belvedere I vote at only gives out one type "I Voted" sticker.
This precinct usually splits about 60/40 to the conservative side in state and national elections.
I have never seen a choice available from the poll workers as to which "party" sticker you wanted. It could get confusing if you vote a split ticket.
The sticker this year is a blue background, white letters, surrounded with a red stripe, that covers two of the parties. I don't know how the Libertarian or Green Party would have been represented.
It took about 90 minutes to vote, four machines this year, six machines in 2008. State law says one machine for every 250 registered voters, so I would suppose the precinct has been changed,bringing down the number of registered voters.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 06:35 pm
Today was the first time I

Today was the first time I had ever seen a choice. Both of us asked for red stickers.

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 06:33 pm
My ex daughter-in-law has

My ex daughter-in-law has been working today giving voters a ride to the polls. My daughter is also helping.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/06/12 - 06:35 pm
happychimer, are you trying

happychimer, are you trying to make a point? Her's one for the other side.

MARION, OHIO -- The problem already happened in Greensboro NC last week – now it’s cropping up in Ohio, a highly contested state in the very tight Presidential election.

The issue: Voters select Mitt Romney on their touch screen voting, but President Obama shows up as the selection. Repeatedly.

There will always be issues with electronics and it can go either way. I sincerely hope you weren't insinuating fraud occurrred because it's happening on both ends of the political parties.

No matter who wins this election we will hear no stop about fraud, cheating, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I'll just be glad when it's overwith (and hope it goes my way).

Trouble
Trouble 11/06/12 - 06:39 pm
happy

i believe the early voting started 3 weeks ago, i went with roadkill when he was home last time, and it had just started, you are prolly right about some of them dying, and their vote still counting though

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/06/12 - 06:45 pm
Thank you TD. Must have hit

Thank you TD. Must have hit a nerve with the truth.

happychimer
happychimer 11/06/12 - 06:47 pm
ICL are you trying to make a

ICL are you trying to make a point?