Election Day Rants & Raves

Editor’s Note: Because of the overwhelming number of election-themed Rants & Raves received, we are offering these for our online readers.

Election comments from readers:

THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama is that Mr.Romney gives away his money and Obama gives away OUR money.

WHY WOULD LEE ANDERSON want to debate a person who would say anything to get elected, like some of the others (or most of them) in Washington? We just need an honest person for a change.

HUGE RAVE TO John Barrow for the most clever campaign ads ever.

A RANT TO THE recent letter-writer who went on and on about how there is little prejudice at present in America. A new, just released AP poll shows that 51 percent of Americans now express explicit anti-black attitudes. It would be a tragedy if racial prejudice costs Obama the presidency.

OBAMA BUDDY TIMBERLAKE making fun of poor people at his wedding. Go figure.

AM I THE ONLY ONE who can’t stand George Clooney?

HOLD ON TO YOUR coffee cup: Obama wins easily! Why do I say this? Because Republicans and their Tea Party mistress have tried 50 different ways to blame and tag President Obama for failing to improve the economy but to no avail. Republicans are a day late and a dollar short as usual.

RAVES TO OBAMA FOR checking on the people and giving up campaigning during Storm Sandy. He even spent time with Gov. Christie of NJ and Romney would not do that.

I WATCHED AN information show on one of the networks last night. President Obama gave a “shout out” to nurses who evacuated babies from an intensive care unit that had lost power during hurricane Sandy. Think about this, if those babies had been born as a result of a botched abortion President Obama voted to leave them to die when he was in the Illinois Senate. Why praise the nurses who fought to keep them little babies alive when President Obama voted to let similar babies die?

FOR FOUR YEARS, Obama’s go-fers have been inventing more government red tape than the law allows, literally. Now, Hero Obama tells the government to cut the red tape for Storm Sandy victims. Why did he invent the red tape to begin with? To control more of YOUR personal life. A week from now, he’ll pile on more red tape.

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN Lee Anderson is asked to make a speech in the U.S. Congress? Will Mitt Romney do it for him?

Lee Anderson, please SAY something, anything, anytime and to any of us voters eventhough it will not make any sense except to the less than 1 percent of voters in Columbia County who are farmers like yourself. Also try to get a new modern tractor.

RANT TO FREDDIE SANDERS. You have to realize that when you refer to a group of people as you would refer to a “thing” that you will lose any support you may have had e.g., “the blacks”.

RANT TO VOTER SUPPRESSION advocates. You have to realize that the more you try to keep someone from doing something, the more they want to do it. It is one of the epic battles being fought in every household that has teenagers in it.

POLITICS APPEARS to bring the worst out of a lot of people, but I refuse to let that happen to me. I’m smarter than that. I’m smart enough to know that I will work with, live with, love and appreciate Republicans, Democrats, Independents and people of all races, creeds and ideologies. I’m smart enough to know that on Nov. 6, I will vote my Christian conscience and go back to putting my ultimate trust in the one who never shares power. I’m smart enough to know that I will PRAY for the success of whoever is in the office of president, because as a Christian, that is what I’m called to do. I’m smart enough to know He created us to be better than this. So mainstream, don’t try to incite me with your hateful words and racist attitudes, for which we shall all be held accountable. My God has taught me better...and I’m smarter than that!

OBAMA CALLS ROMNEY a liar, while Obama’s lies continue to set historical lying records. Is Obama aware that he’s lying? Or is he so stupid he doesn’t even realize it?

VOLTAIRE SAID, “It’s dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” Obama’s’ government is always wrong, so America is in dire danger.

I JUST HEARD ON local TV news that Roundtree (running for RC sheriff) would rather let 10 guilty people go than to arrest one innocent!! Is he kidding?

FOR STORM VICTIMS, Obama says, “We are here for you.” Considering his destructive track record, those are frightening words.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED the influx of imported Obama voters in our area? Maybe they are community organizers driving BMWs and Jaguars from out of state. I hope the voter registration office is watching carefully for fraud. Also I would like to know if the county population goes down after the election.

RANT TO ALL the politicians who retract their statements. Don’t say what you mean and then go and clarify what you meant to say. You said what you meant the first time.

JOHN BARROW ONLY votes against the Democrats when his vote will not count. If it is a close vote, he will toe the party line.

AS USUAL WITH political people, I am flip-flopping. I am switching my support from Big Bird to Dagwood for president.

IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED on the news that they are going to put monitors at the voting precincts. This is really against federal law and this duty has already been assigned to the Panther organization.

RANT TO ALL the people complaining about immigrants. Unless you are Native American, you too are an immigrant. Go back to your country, too!

BILL KIRBY, IF YOU want telephone solicitors to leave you off the list, you have to make it worth their while to leave you off. Sass them. I did that when I first moved into town around 1989. I “played” with their minds and time and threatened to tell their managers about them. I have rarely been bothered since and I did not officially sign up on any “do not call” list.

BRENT WEIR for mayor of Blythe. Run, Brent, run!

A BIG RAVE TO the people who painted the Romney signs in Columbia County. That’s less votes for Obama because they just forfeited their vote.

WHAT DO NATHAN DEAL, The Board of Regents, Azziz and Obama all have in common? Can you say incompetence?

PLEASE VOTE IN District 9 for Harold Jones.

I VOTED FOR AMERICA. Are you going to vote for America or are you going to vote black or white?

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that everyone get out and vote if you are able to because we really need to see a turnaround in this country and our community. If you want to see a turnaround in the economy and want to see Social Security and Medicare saved for future generations, please vote for the Romney-Ryan ticket.

IN 2004, OBAMA was against same sex marriages. So, does that make him bigoted, spiteful, and prejudiced?

THE MEDIA TELLS US that Obama has locked in the majority of the votes from women, blacks, Jews, Latinos, Catholics, academics, college students, dead people, and con artists. It appears that the only hope we have to keep from becoming the Socialist States of America is for white American men to get off their collective posteriors and go vote in record numbers.

AN ELEPHANT IN Korea can say (imitate) a few words and phrases in human speech. Maybe Obama will hire the elephant as an adviser. A Korean talking elephant makes more sense than Obama.

WE NEED TO GET RID of all politicians before they doom the earth.

WILL OBAMA ALLOW foreign ships to bring help to NY & NJ, or will he turn them away like he did after the BP spill, to protect his union buddies?

EVERYTIME LEE ANDERSON is speaking on TV, they ought to have subtitles on the screen like they do for the “Honey Boo Boo” family.

Comments (71)

scmaize
scmaize 11/05/12 - 03:04 pm

Hate and Bigotry

It is a shame to see so much hate and bigotry directed at our President, and most of these people pretend they are Christians and patriots. They are neither--they're just bullies, who think free speech is only for people who agree with them. You can honestly disagree with someone's policies while still treating them with respect. Slander is not going to convince many people to switch to your side.

tcowan13
tcowan13 11/05/12 - 09:22 pm

HUGE RAVES To John Barrow

You Definitely Have My Families Respect And Our Votes!!!

Jake
Jake 11/05/12 - 10:02 pm

Garbage

This pile of R&R's is like a steaming pile of dung. A self respecting dung beetle would be better to just move along. Why is it that elections bring out the worst in people?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/06/12 - 05:59 am

Cutting Down That Tree

Cutting down the tree in Harrisburg where drug dealing was apparently taking place was misguided and giving into crime. The proper response is to put out the fire, not burn the building.

Trouble
Trouble 11/06/12 - 07:10 am

morning

today is roadkill's birthday, (lets just say he is really really old now) for his birthday, he would like a new president, let us all get together and see if we can make that happen for him.

Trouble
Trouble 11/06/12 - 07:26 am

tree

was the tree dealing drugs? if not, then why kill it?

Trouble
Trouble 11/06/12 - 08:03 am

slander

truth is not slander, even if you choose to deny the facts......

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:10 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RKILL

Only special people get the dance birthday song...you got it!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:15 am

I too wonder about the tree

Did the tree work for the cia----naaaahh
Did the tree squeel on anyone---nnnaaahhh
Did the tree sell drugs----naaahhh
What did the tree do.......I need to know more B4 I can give a death sentence..

Trouble
Trouble 11/06/12 - 08:19 am

tree

did the tree call the white house begging for help before it was executed? inquiring minds want to know, come on rm, dont leave us hanging here.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:23 am

Stupid rant on Freddie

Say WHAT........what is he suppose to call them.....if that is all you have --you have NOTHING----Sanders would be the best thing the blacks could ever hope for in Richmond county....you want a clean & safe neighborhood doncha.....or do you want a sameo sameo......folks you need to wake up & smell the coffee......Freddie won't be controlled by anyone------he knows how to fix the problems.....vote Sanders!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:30 am

The rant said....

AM I THE ONLY ONE who can’t stand George Clooney?

I like Clooney myself.....I also like Toby Keith----2 opposites but both attractive guys....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/06/12 - 08:41 am

2 Repeat 2

R&Rs on the same day is just ain't right.........Sean??

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:49 am

Special edition Cgee

2 for today.......he knows many rants-raves will be coming on strong today......1 can't hold them.....yeehaw...

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:52 am

Rebel is that YOU!!!

That tree could have been Rebel......just read his posts....sometimes he is a tree he said......
We could be going to a funeral.......be careful when killing trees....you could kill 1 of us...yikes!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/06/12 - 08:53 am

B4

I will hold my comments till late tonight....you all go for it...
Makes me think of a debate on Religion....no winners.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/06/12 - 08:58 am

I rest my case rebel said....

Excuse me while I go smear the grease paint on my face. If you think you saw that tree trunk move......you may just be right.

cgee...have your blood pressure med ready.....a lot of fussing-cussing going down......I might take a break too.....

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/07/12 - 05:55 am

What is worse than politician?

An falling Hollywood star bashing the Moral Majority just to get their name back in print.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 09:28 am

Ok the tree is gone

Plant some Opuntia cactus' (what we call Prickly Pear Cactus)

They have some nice long spines and even produce a pretty flower.
The Needles Hurt like the Devil to put out.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/06/12 - 09:39 am

Actor Political ads

Have you seen the one where Kathy Griffin compares Paul Ryan's looks to Dracula? Double Standard? Naw.

YeCats
YeCats 11/06/12 - 09:53 am

I have no dog in the fight,

I have no dog in the fight, yet I agree with the person who commented about Barrow's campaign ads. Very clever, well produced.

Overhear across the river, heavy turnout. I talked to a person who voted in Beech I. He said he got there at 6:45, and just got out about 10 min ago. And folks are still lined out to the highway.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 09:54 am

Obama and Sandy

As usual, the press refuses to air the total failure of FEMA when A Dem is in charge. No water or supplies STAGED in advance. No gasoline brought in in advance. People living in freezing temps due to lack of generators that could be flown in (yes, the airports are open) in a matter of hours. No fact checking at all on his claim that phone calls for help would be returned within 15 min, and on and on.
Where is the media outcry?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 09:59 am

And what about

the DEMOCRAT mayor of Atlantic City contravening Christie's evacuation orders, and allowing people to stay and/or use AC shelters as a last resort. Christie sent a fleet of busses to help, but were turned away empty. When asked why, Christie said "I don't know?" Charlie Rose said "you don't know?????" in a condescending and accusatory tone as if somehow Christie was culpable.

Yea, we have a balanced media. RIIGGHHTT!!!!!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 10:06 am

Volunteers turned away

Union thugs would rather people freeze to death than have non-union workers help restore power.

"But Decatur Utilities in Decatur, Ala. told Huntsville’s WAFF-TV Thursday evening that its crews were denied the opportunity to work in Seaside Heights, N.J. because they’re not affiliated with a union. Some of those workers, the company said, headed home. Others remained at a staging area in Roanoke, Va."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/02/ala-utility-florida-crewman-blame-electrical-union-for-interfering-with-hurricane-sandy-relief-video/#ixzz2BS2HKLdf"

Yea, that is the America I want to live in.....

JRC2024
JRC2024 11/06/12 - 10:28 am

anotherday, In my opinion

anotherday, In my opinion unions can go to ----. I hate them and everything they do. To not let them help those people is just horrible. I hope everyone sees them for what they are.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 10:34 am

Ranter, are you kidding me?

So called native Americans emigrated to America.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 10:38 am

Yep KSL,

According to the anthropologists, anyone outside of continental Africa is a migrant.

KSL
KSL 11/06/12 - 10:45 am

Unions have outlived their

Unions have outlived their usefulness. They are just political tools now. They about wrecked the auto industry. I resent that my tax dollars bailed them out and the share holders lost out big time.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/06/12 - 10:51 am

Where is our Mass Media?

They were all over GW (r) about Kristina, despite the LA. (D) Governor delaying the request for Federal aid 3 days.

QUOTING
"In the case of Katrina, the statute directing response efforts was the 1988 Stafford Act, which puts on-shore states—not the federal government—in charge. Louisiana officials received federal offers of help as Katrina approached, but they were rejected. After Katrina hit, Louisiana’s front-line responders, then-Gov. Kathleen Blanco (D.) and Ray Nagin (D.), then-mayor of New Orleans, had no serious emergency response plans. As thousands of citizens became stranded and homeless, Blanco and Nagin managed to do one thing, and only one thing, very well: They blamed Bush."

Then the Media went to town yelling from the highest towers of Babble.
BUSH, BUSH, BUSH, all the time the problem was their inability to call for help because of politics.

Gov of Fla Lawton Chiles (D) did the same darn thing to GH (r) during Andrew waited days before Federal help was requested.

It was all for MAXIMUM Political exposure to them not the care and feeding of their people.

BTW: Each Governor was gone the next election.

NOTE: Gov Cristy (R) did the opposite he invited Mr. Obama (D)
and requested aid immediately.

So who saves lives vs. plays politics with them?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/06/12 - 10:52 am

Exactly KSL; they should have

Exactly KSL; they should have been allowed to go through normal bankruptcy reorganization like hundreds of other large companies have done successfully. That is why we have bankruptcy laws to begin with.

By not doing that and just propping them up, the issues that got them into trouble to begin with still exist.

Area unemployment drops

State labor department figures indicate a slight decline in the unemployment rate for the Augusta metro area for March.