Kansas may bump Obama from ballot

Friday, Sept. 14, 2012 2:45 PM
Last updated 7:14 PM

TOPEKA, Kan. -- Three of Kansas’ top elected Republicans on Thursday determined they lacked sufficient evidence of President Obama’s birth records to decide whether to remove the Democratic nominee from the November ballot in Kansas.

The State Objections Board comprised of Secretary of State Kris Kobach, Attorney General Derek Schmidt and Lt. Gov. Jeff Colyer postponed until Monday action on a complaint filed by a Manhattan, Kan., resident pending review of a copy of Obama’s birth certificate from Hawaii.

“I don’t think it’s a frivolous objection,” Kobach said. “I do think the factual record could be supplemented.”

Requests were to be sent to officials in Hawaii, Arizona and Mississippi in an attempt to secure copies of the president’s birth records. Obama released a copy of his birth certificate last year, but detractors persist in advancing “birther” arguments that the Democrat lacked standing.

Removal of Obama’s name in Kansas — a state certain to side with Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney — would be strange given the president’s mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, and maternal grandparents, Stanley and Madelyn Dunham, were Kansas natives.

“My Kansas roots run deep,” Obama said during a trip to Osawatomie in December.

Joe Montgomery, who filed the ballot challenge with the all-Republican panel, said the president’s father held British and Kenyan citizenship, making Obama ineligible to run for the nation’s highest office.

Montgomery pointed to a handful of U.S. Supreme Court cases to support his claim a presidential candidate must be a “natural born citizen” from two American citizens.

“As for Mr. Obama’s citizenship, there are many doubts,” he said. “Doing the right thing can be hard and unpopular.”

A legal representative of Obama submitted a letter arguing the complaint had no merit.

No representative of the Kansas Democratic Party attended the hearing in a Topeka auditorium.

Dakota Loomis, spokesman for the state Democratic Party, declined to answer directly whether the complaint was justified. Montgomery, who works at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University, said Obama hadn’t provided valid documentary evidence to establish his birth in the United States.

In Montgomery’s written complaint, he declared “there is substantial evidence showing that much of Mr. Obama’s alleged birth certificates have been forged or doctored, and have not been confirmed as legally valid, true and accurate.”

Comments (50)

sand gnat
sand gnat 09/14/12 - 10:08 pm

Community Organizer

This "community organizer", who has never had a job in the private sector, who has always signed the back of a check from the government, is in so far over his head, it is beyond being a laughing matter.
Things are looking real good for him in the middle east at this time. Hillary looks totally used up. She is also incompetent. She is answerable for security at every embassy. She will likely resign or become the fall guy for Obuma. Either way, slick Willie may quit the campaign trail and turn on the Man from a different culture.

Jake
Jake 09/14/12 - 10:11 pm

KSL

No insult intended to your husband, he is a nice man. If he has the required expertise in layering then please request that he bring it to the attention of the proper authorities so something may be done.
I have a concert to go to now.
Nice chatting with you all.

KSL
KSL 09/14/12 - 10:12 pm

OJP

One of Hillary's attorneys was depending on one blogger in his mother's basement? Are you actually serious?

KSL
KSL 09/14/12 - 10:22 pm

Jake

I can not explain why it has not been brought to the attention of the powers that be.

I can tell you that we are not rich people by any means, but under. Obama, our income has dropped thousands of dollars, not dissimilar to what happened when that idiot Carter instigated his policies.

KSL
KSL 09/14/12 - 10:27 pm

Enjoy your concert

Enjoy your concert.

gargoyle
gargoyle 09/14/12 - 10:33 pm

Let it go

He is the president. He can call a drone strike upon citizens from and in other sovereign nations, he can gin up some paper if pressed. The real issue would be failed polices and agenda bias.

KSL
KSL 09/14/12 - 10:36 pm

Oh, and his expertise

Oh, and his expertise apparently, whatever it was, was enough. I guaranty he had no interest in involvement in that argument. He was simply giving me his opinion.

KSL
KSL 09/14/12 - 10:40 pm

Nope. If he thinks he can do

Nope. If he thinks he can do that this for 4 years in other countries, what is next?

KSL
KSL 09/14/12 - 11:15 pm

Where is CG? I got a thumbs

Where is CG? I got a thumbs down for telling a friend of mine since 2007, met as a result of posting, to enjoy a concert.

Shame on you, stupid poster.

I give ups and downs based on the post, not whether I like the person or not. A lot of times I don't give them at all.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 09/14/12 - 11:38 pm

Not Me

Hey, KSL, I like you, and I did not give you that thumbs down post when you told Jake to enjoy the concert. Whoever it was is a real piece of work.

Jake
Jake 09/15/12 - 01:38 am

Concert

The concert was very nice. Nobody asked me for my birth certificate which I didn't have with me anyway. I also like KSL, LL, and their spouses. Fine folks. I will just go ahead and give myself a thumbs down and beat the thumbs downer to it. Everyone have a good sleep tonight.

Ruckus
Ruckus 09/15/12 - 04:08 am

Every Republican running for office always has a state

Every Republican running for office always has a state making up some retarded rule or loophole. Bush with Fla..see the pattern. We're in the crisis that we're because of the last retard rep we elected.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 09/15/12 - 07:18 am

Alternative Sugesstion

The teleprompter is better qualified for the office.
But I am willing to bet it wasn't made in the USA either.

freeradical
freeradical 09/15/12 - 07:38 am

Though I feel it is a moot

Though I feel it is a moot point now , when you look at the issue from

the get go you can come to no other conclussion but that it was Obama

himself that kept the issue from coming to a final determination for an

extended period of time.

One thing I have learned from this guy is he is notorious for leaving

himself wiggle room.

For example :
Pay particular attention in the coming days when tough questions come

up , ( if indeed there are any tough questions ) , as to how much our

intelligence knew about the embassy attacks breaking out all over on

9/11 this guy uses the term " WE".

" WE should have checked "

" WE should have known "

" WE should have been better prepared "

etc,etc,etc,,,,,,,.

This from a guy WE now know blew off more than half his intelligence

briefings .

Early morning Tee times being more important than boring early

morning intelligence briefing & dead ambassadors.

We know he only agreed to give the go ahead to kill Bin Laden once he

was confident he could step away from it , if operation blew up in his

face.

You can bet that if Obama seemed hesitant to firmly committ to being

born in every respect american he was doing it for a reason .

Selfish reasons .

I think he wishes the whole issue never came up , but for reasons

far and apart from what is commonly considered to be the crux of

it.

The guy would claim to be a citizen of the " world " in a heartbeat if

his back got within 1000 miles of a wall .

And forcing him to committ to being fully american was just something

he did not want to do .

Absolutely no conviction or fire in his belly when he spoke of it .

He did it reluctantly.

KSL
KSL 09/15/12 - 10:24 am

Free

Good points, but it still doesn't explain why the smartest person in the room won't release his college records.

Hillary had her senior thesis on Alinsky at Wellesly sealed for a period of time, but eventually released it. We know Gore's grades, Bush's grades. But we don't know the grades of the smartest president in modern times. Does he think the rest of us can't handle how absolutely brilliant he is, so he is protecting us from knowing that? Uhhh, errrr, ahhhh.

Why was I not briefed on the questions I was going to be getting?Why am I getting questions in the first place? Bin Laden is dead. I will take all the credit, but Hillary made me do it. She could not let it get out that for a second time, we knew how to get him and didn't, especially with a Clinton in the know.

palmetto1008
palmetto1008 09/15/12 - 12:05 pm

Yes, ksl. I don't think if

Yes, ksl. I don't think if even went to college...otherwise why doesnt he come forward with the records? Has he ever produced his driver's license. How do we know he even has one??? Or it could be a Kenya driver'sa license!!! What about a voter registration card???...he might not even be currently eligible to vote.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/15/12 - 12:06 pm

Could Obama get a driver's license in GA?

Maybe he could help us, "documentation impaired".? Another "disabled minority group to deal with. Rome, Rome. Destroyed by its policies of "all culture embracing and inclusion". Rome lost its identity, soul and power.

soapy_725
soapy_725 09/15/12 - 12:12 pm

At a boy Kansas

Kansas also has giant bill boards along the interstate with pictures of Jesus and words of His Love for sinful man. They also have a lot of bill boards about the rights of innocent unborn babies. Most of the religious bill boards we see in GA have pictures of the pastor and his wife with slogans "It all about you".

Glad my eternal salvation is not based on my pastors or me (-:

freeradical
freeradical 09/15/12 - 12:15 pm

KSL,I believe you are

KSL,

I believe you are getting warm . Hot even.

Even though there is no law regarding a president making his college

records top secret.

And yet there is a law regarding a president making his citizenship top

secret.

Obama still felt the need to hedge his bets .

On the lesser chance that his now top secret college records would

somehow be exposed , prior to his citizenship coming to the forefront.

I am confident the making of his entire college records top secret , and

his putting forth every document under the sun to suffice as a birth

certificate , before finally being forced kicking and screaming to

produce a " copy " of the actual document is no mere coincidence.

They are connected.

It is all about legal nuance & plausible , remotely fantastical

plausible deniabilty even.

This guy is a lawyer after all.

KSL
KSL 09/15/12 - 01:30 pm

Well durn, pal his mother

Well durn, pal his mother couldn't stay married to his alledged father. And she didn't stay in Kenya, or whatever it was called back then, long enough for him to grow up and get a driver's license. She was too busy working on her next foreign conquest.

Begs the question, was she too good for American men or were they too good for her?

KSL
KSL 09/15/12 - 01:56 pm

nope

He is not a lawyer. He and moo gave up their licenses in 2008. According to factcheck.org it was because they didn't want to pay several hundred dollars a year to attend continuing education courses to keep their licenses current, something all of us who have state issued licenses have to do. I guess he needed those several hundred dollars to add to the 10,000 x 100 dollars spent on keeping his secrets.

TParty
TParty 09/15/12 - 02:26 pm

Obama released his birth

Obama released his birth certificates. This article even says "Obama released a copy of his birth certificate".

How do you birthers still go on about this?

KSL
KSL 09/15/12 - 02:31 pm

Again

A lot of people have serious questions about the authenticity of what he released.

Of course, if you are an Obama supporter and accept it on face value, you most likely aren't up to speed on the reasons to doubt it.

TParty
TParty 09/15/12 - 02:53 pm

A lot of people do not have

A lot of people do not have serious questions. Even people who are not Obama supporters, (Myself) like Romney do not question the birth certificate. No one serious questions the birth certificate.

I have not seen Romney's birth certificate, have you? His father was born in Mexico, in a polygamist area.... just saying!

TParty
TParty 09/15/12 - 03:52 pm

I agree Jazz, after this

I agree Jazz, after this election- there is going to be some break ups in the GOP. Jon Hunstman, David Frum, Andrew Sullivan type conservaties will go one way- and the Christian taliban, birther types will go their way. See ya later Bachmann and Santorum types!!

jazzz444
jazzz444 09/15/12 - 05:13 pm

Did I go too far with the

Did I go too far with the terms "slugs" and "mouthbreathers"? :)

Gee whiz, I didn't know the birthers were so sensitive...

jazzz444
jazzz444 09/15/12 - 05:26 pm

Or was it the realization

Or was it the realization that Obama has pretty much already won this election?...

Pedestrian killed on Mike Padgett Highway

A pedestrian was struck and killed Thursday night on Mike Padgett Highway. The victim is the fifth pedestrian to be hit - and third to die - on Richmond County roads since April 10.