Superintendent Frank Roberson said all the schools are ones that needed a change in leadership to help move the schools forward.
“We’re trying to put people in the best places for them to have as much success as possible,” he said. “We know we have to have the right set of leadership in the school houses to do that.”
All the employees will take on their new roles at the beginning of the 2014-15 school year:
• Butler High School Principal Greg Thompson was named principal at Tubman Education Center.
• District Director of Curriculum and Instruction Stacey Mabray was named principal of Butler.
• District Mathematics Coordinator Shelly Allen was named director of curriculum and instruction.
• Tobacco Road Elementary School Prinicipal Geoclyn Williams was named Freedom Park School principal.
• Freedom Park Principal Pauline Andrews was named Sego Middle School principal.
• Hephzibah Middle School Principal Larina Thomas was named principal of Hephzibah High School.
• Hephzibah High Principal Walter Reeves was moved to the Title I department.
• Garrett Elementary School Principal Doug Frierson was named principal of Hephzibah Middle.
Board member Jimmy Atkins said the changes are taking place at schools that needed special attention and a change in leadership to reach their full potential. He said board members asked Roberson to bring recommendations forward that he and his cabinet felt were appropriate for each school.
“We want to see the school system move forward,” he said. “Some of them have a lot more potential than what the current principals were able to deliver.”