The committee soon will meet and receive its charge then begin its work, University System spokesman John Millsaps said Thursday. It will be up to the panel to set its schedule, and it will report to a recently formed consolidation committee of the system’s Board of Regents, he said.
“There will be a lot of coordination, but they have to do a lot of that work on the ground in terms of the various elements that need to be figured out,” Millsaps said.
The merger of the two schools, along with the consolidation of six other public colleges, won unanimous approval Jan. 10 from the Board of Regents. The move also combines Waycross and South Georgia colleges, Gainesville State College and North Georgia College and State University, and Macon State and Middle Georgia colleges.
The following people will make up the committee:
• Dr. Carol Rychly, acting vice president for academic affairs at ASU;
• Dr. Joyce Jones, vice president for student services and dean of students at ASU;
• Dennis Roemer, interim senior vice president of finance and chief financial officer at GHSU;
• William Bowes, interim senior vice president for administration at GHSU;
• Dr. Gretchen Caughman, provost at GHSU;
• Phil Wahl, Augusta city president for First Citizens Bank;
• Dr. Sandra Freedman, former president of the MCG Alumni Association;
• Robert Osborne, executive vice president of wealth management at Georgia Bank & Trust;
• Jim Hull, Hull Storey Gibson Retail Group;
• Cedric Johnson Sr., vice president and community development officer for First Bank of Georgia;
• Will McKnight, McKnight Construction Co.;
• Jeff Heck, associate director of Reese Library, chairman of Faculty Policies at ASU;
• Dr. Rich Griner, chairman of the Department of Biology at ASU;
• Dr. Michael Brands, professor and director of medical physiology at GHSU;
• Dr. W. Kent Guion, vice president for diversity and inclusion at GHSU;
• Clint Bryant, director of athletics and assistant to the president at ASU;
• Patricia Harris, human resource specialist, chairwoman of Staff Advisory Council at ASU;
• Victoria Worsham, bookstore accountant, Staff Advisory Council at ASU;
• Kerry Cartledge, chairwoman of Employee Advisory Council at GHSU;
• Barinaadaa Kara, president of the Student Government Association at ASU;
• Caitlin Madigan, Student Government Association humanitarian at GHSU.