Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Facebook meeting turns into gunplay

Thursday, Aug 28, 2014 1:15 PM
Last updated 7:33 PM

A Hephzibah teen told police a man she met on Facebook fired several shots at her after he brought her chicken nuggets.

Quitney Antwane Hardens, 25, was booked into the Richmond County jail Wednesday on aggravated assault charges.

The 17-year-old girl told police she had been talking to the man, known only as Sean, on Facebook for about two years. On Aug. 21, he messaged her through social media asking whether she were home and whether she wanted chicken nuggets, according to an incident report.

When he pulled up at her residence about 1 p.m., she said, she recognized him from his online photos but had never met him.

He tried to make her get into the car and ride with him, she said, but when she refused he became angry and yelled at her. The girl told police she was walking away from the vehicle when the man pulled out a gun and fired several shots that hit her house.

A neighbor witnessed the incident.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 08/28/14 - 01:33 pm
Way too close call! Very

Way too close call! Very thankful no one was physically hurt and that there was a witness. I hope this young lady has learned a lesson from this. Quitney is in a world of trouble now. TWIMC: article needs a quick proofread, third paragraph, I believe typo changed "Last week" into "Lady week".

raul
raul 08/28/14 - 01:47 pm
Lesson learned. Beware of

Lesson learned. Beware of miscreants bearing chicken nuggets.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 08/28/14 - 01:56 pm
@ Autumn Leaves

Thank you. It's fixed.

jimmymac
jimmymac 08/28/14 - 01:57 pm
PERP

Gee the creeps used to try and lure kids with candy. I guess now they do it with chicken nuggets.

jrsc429
jrsc429 08/28/14 - 02:04 pm
bad for your health

Further proof that Chicken McNuggets are bad for your health.

Graymare
Graymare 08/28/14 - 02:38 pm
Poorly written article. Is

Poorly written article. Is "Sean" really named Quitney??? Where is he from? I'd call myself Sean too if my mother named me Quitney!

AFjoe
AFjoe 08/29/14 - 09:31 am
Picture on Facebook

I'm surprised he used a real photo of himself. Most predators are smarter than that. Mama may want to talk to her little girl, two years is a long time and it's amazing nothing has happened before now.

Bringing her chicken nuggets is something to crow about.

shamrock
shamrock 08/28/14 - 02:59 pm
Sounds Like a Mental Case

Sounds like both are mental cases ... him for shooting a gun and her for even considering meeting him. Why would he offer chicken nuggets anyway ... was it something she said she liked or this was all he could afford?

jdsgirl63
jdsgirl63 08/28/14 - 03:12 pm
Chicken nuggets, the new

Chicken nuggets, the new candy?

Hey little girl, I've got some chicken nuggets for you if you get in my car???

On a serious note, I'm glad she wasn't hurt and the perp was caught!

Dixieman
Dixieman 08/28/14 - 03:14 pm
Um

She's 17 now and they have been talking on FB for two years? So she was 15 when this started...Mom and Dad, wake-up call!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/28/14 - 04:30 pm
I wonder

Will she unfriend him??

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/28/14 - 04:59 pm
This girl must have had the

This girl must have had the hair on the back of her neck stand up or something because she knew she had better not get into his car. Darn good thing she didn't, if he fired shots at her in broad daylight in front of witnesses, no telling what he would have done if she got into his car.

And, yes, mom and dad needed to monitor her online love life - 15 and he would have been 23. That right there should have made her leery.

dizzy dictator
dizzy dictator 08/28/14 - 05:00 pm
Wow

She's so lucky. Shooting at the house might have killed someone inside. It pays to have good neighbors. Her parents might want to have a talk with her. Why a 25 yr old?

hoptoad
hoptoad 08/28/14 - 05:01 pm
My granddaughter set me up on

My granddaughter set me up on facebook, but I don't use it except to look at my grandkids pictures. I haven't a real clue how to use it. It's a miracle I get my comments to even post on here.

Never occurred to me to look for love on Facebook!

rebellious
rebellious 08/28/14 - 05:11 pm
Hmmmm

Man known as Sean...... Just saying, I know of a Sean.... Just kidding. Glad they got this stalking perv in custody. Surely he is a good boy to somebody, probably just a baby who mows the grass and takes out the trash when asked. Quitney and Shenayna just ditten hit it off, I guess. Is this a BOB crime or what?

raul
raul 08/28/14 - 06:41 pm
@rebellious. It is a given

@rebellious. It is a given that they are all good boys, and an aspiring rapper to boot. I'm sure he is enrolled in college where he is studying nuclear engineering. The left is condeming the use of the word thug as being racist. All thugs will henceforth be called miscreants by me.

Bizkit
Bizkit 08/28/14 - 09:00 pm
Social media is starting to

Social media is starting to freak me out-too many people live their lives on it-like reality internet stars-maybe virtual reality is more descriptive-LOL. Then Facebook's little unethical social experiment really ticks me off-legal though unethical. I'm more worried about all our info-health, police, financial, etc-are all floating in the nether world ripe for cyber plucking-more so than global warming.

Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva 08/29/14 - 04:46 am
"The left is condeming the

"The left is condeming the use of the word thug as being racist" A broad brush for a couple of people. "The left" has done no such thing. A few people have mentioned the way the term has been used, especially by Omaha police using the phrase, "thug cycle" while referring to a black two year old. I doubt seriously we have gangs of thug toddlers of any race roaming this country.

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/29/14 - 06:20 am
The Chicken Nugget Date, DO the AGE math

She was 15 (UNDER AGE) when he was 23 and started lining her up

Now what was the Liberal argument that parents should not ever monitor their kids communications, because it causes privacy and trust issues?

nocnoc
nocnoc 08/29/14 - 08:47 am
BTW: Is GUN PLAY incorrectly used?

I have always taken Gun play to mean the exchange of gunshots.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 08/29/14 - 09:13 am
@ rebellious

It's not me

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...