Inmate found with marijuana, officers say

Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:10 PM
Last updated 10:48 PM

Allen  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Allen

Deputies say an inmate at the Richmond County Correctional Institution was found in possession of marijuana Sunday.

Mencarter Traun Allen, 35, was found with five grams of marijuana during a strip search after visitation, according to an incident report. Field testing confirmed the substance was marijuana, and deputies turned the drugs over to the drug safe at the sheriff’s office headquarters for safekeeping.

A correctional officer said the incident would be forwarded through the chain of command at the institution and that a warrant will be obtained during normal business hours.

corgimom
corgimom 07/20/14 - 10:35 pm

He is serving his SIXTH prison term.

As Dichotomy says, Living the Dream!

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 07/21/14 - 04:47 am
I guess maybe he thinks it

I guess maybe he thinks it beats actually working for a living! Free food, free bed, gets to see his "outside" friends and family at visiting times, gets to see his "inside" friends and family whenever he wants, free cable and internet (I'm guessing they get internet), free clothes, free haircuts, no taxes, no bills, PLENTY of naps...I could go on, but I have to go on to work. There's a whole lot of Mencarter's I gotta go and financially support!

geecheeriverman
geecheeriverman 07/21/14 - 05:37 am
Wide open

I heard that an ex-inmate at the prison said the drugs and contraband is readily available. It is sold and traded by the inmates and the officers in charge are aware of this.

Little Old Lady
Little Old Lady 07/21/14 - 08:37 am
Names

I never cease to wonder at some of the names.

jimmymac
jimmymac 07/21/14 - 09:16 am
CRIMINAL

Small wonder this man has been arrested so many times. The judges is Richmond county have slapped him on the wrist so many times they're probably starting to get pink. Throw out all the judges and get some that will get tough on repeat offenders like Mencarter. Really!

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 07/21/14 - 09:22 am
Next Cell Over

Sounds like a friend/family member should shortly be in a next door cell. They will have plenty of quality play time together.

my.voice
my.voice 07/21/14 - 10:42 am
Must be a slow news day.

Must be a slow news day. Marijuana at the jail? Say it aint so! No more Nick at Night for you buddy.

PrayN4U
PrayN4U 07/21/14 - 01:38 pm
Inside Job

This is a inside infestation. When you visit at the Richmond County Correctional Facility you visit by on screen communication. The drugs had to be an inmate or employee action. Maybe it was bought in by the produce truck with the Oregano and other Herbs. Could be home grown. Once you go to prison you become very resourceful. If only they would put that resourcefulness on the outside to do good.
. .
o
\-/

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...