Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

23 arrested in Richmond County drug busts

Twenty-three people have been charged in drug investigations involving a Harrisburg heroin operation and a south Richmond County methamphetamine operation.

Back | Next
Dexter Carmell Hunter  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Dexter Carmell Hunter

According to a news release, the Drug Enforcement Administration assisted Richmond County Sheriff’s Office in the two long-term investigations. Police said the Harrisburg operation has been linked to sales across the county while the south Richmond County methamphetamine sales have spread to Burke and Jefferson counties.

Police recovered stolen property, including tractors, trailers and vehicles during the investigation into the meth operation.

Twelve of the suspects have been arrested on grand jury arrest
warrants, according to the release. They have been identified as Megan Kimberly Phillips, Krystyn Jena Radford, Katrina Hope Ciccio, Jerry Douglas Newton, Thomas Jenning Hewett, Mark Everett Tudor, Dexter Carmell Hunter, Michael Ryan Underwood, Eduardo Hakiim McCord, Grant Boucher Josey, Andrew James-Benjamin Manion and Allen Bradley Harman.

Eleven additional suspects are in other prisons or jails on unrelated charges. They will be extradited back to Richmond County.

They have been identified as Lina Angela Wortham, Sean O’Keefe, Robert Carl Burnett, Thomas Blair, Keldrick Streetman, Sean Preston, Montrez Cummings, Brad Leonard, Alisha Bell, Eduardo Gallegos and Aerial Hughes.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/11/14 - 04:42 pm
Wanna bet the woman tying up

Wanna bet the woman tying up a computer that had already timed out its session, feeding a baby crackers from a south side library computer desk, dropping crumbs all over the keyboard and the mouse pad, with the same unusual last name as one of these fellows, is related? I'm not a betting person, but it would be a temptation.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/11/14 - 04:48 pm
I sure would like to have a

I sure would like to have a map of the meth lab addresses. Can you even resell or rent these houses? How can they be cleaned up well enough? I found out about a house that used to be a meth lab and it has been rented out at least once already. Can they be rendered safe?

Pops
Pops 07/11/14 - 04:51 pm
Isn't Harrisburg

supposed to be where all the hipsters and young professionals are supposed to be lining up to move to......I swear I read this on the comment section a few weeks ago. Trying to remember who posted the comment.....huuuuum.....I wonder who.......

corgimom
corgimom 07/11/14 - 05:20 pm
AutumnLeaves, yes, they can

AutumnLeaves, yes, they can be cleaned, but it costs a lot of $$$$. Most landlords don't, they just let it sit and air out. Once the smell is gone, they rent it back out.

It has to be disclosed to a seller, but not to a renter.

It's just as if you had a fire in your house. You would have to disclose that to a seller, but not to a renter, once you fixed it.

Most of them go to motels, they don't like to do it in their houses, too easy to find them there. And they don't like to blow their houses up, and if they have kids, they'll lose their kids if they do it in the house.
They also like to make it out in the woods, or where nobody is around, where nobody can smell it.

Because it STINKS to make meth, and yes, I've smelled it.

Connor Threlkeld
Connor Threlkeld 07/11/14 - 07:21 pm
AutumnLeaves

We did a couple of stories a few years ago on cleaning up meth labs. Seems the price tag of a cleanup at the time was about $1,500 to $3,000 depending on the house. But one cleanup professional said he charges $10 a square foot.

The DEA has a site that includes the addresses of drug houses, but I don't think it's a complete list:

specialist
specialist 07/11/14 - 08:39 pm
Meth house

Corg...think you meant disclose to a "buyer". No?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/17/14 - 04:27 pm
Thank you Conner. It is

Thank you Connor. The house I was wondering about is believed to have been a HUD house, at least at some point. How would I find that out? Thank you, too, corgimom.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 07/11/14 - 11:54 pm
I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing Pops, probably one of the people that is thumbing down most of our comments.

corgimom
corgimom 07/12/14 - 06:10 am
Yeah, I think so too,

Yeah, I think so too, specialist. Thanks.

corgimom
corgimom 07/12/14 - 06:18 am
Some of those people in the

Some of those people in the mug shots look like "We make it, we take it."

historylover
historylover 07/12/14 - 08:43 am
Former Realtor

As a retired Realtor and the member of a large local real estate family, I have to disagree with you Corgi about the notification process. There is no law on the books to my knowledge that says a buyer has to be informed about ANYTHING on a property they are buying except what is covered in the Seller's Disclosure form. None of those questions involve fire or meth lab or many of the things you would think should be disclosed. For an example, I sold a house once where a murder had occurred. Under GA law, I did not have to disclose that to the Buyer, nor did the Seller. I thought the rules were wrong, so I did disclose the information, which was a slight violation of my licensing, since I represented the Seller, but I just couldn't see it as being fair to the Buyer. I would love to hear a current Realtor chime in on this, but as recently as two years ago, these were the rules.

specialist
specialist 07/12/14 - 11:18 am
Meth

Believe paragraph 11 sez it all about disclosing meth. Former realtor check it out.

nocnoc
nocnoc 07/12/14 - 12:26 pm
Is or was your house a Hazmat site due to a drug lab

Good question

Example:
one of the various owners of our old house on Cemetery RD, that we sold back 40 years ago.

Augusta Code Enforcement recently found an abandoned 55 gallon drum of serious, now banned pesticides on the property.http://www.epaosc.org/sites/5324/files/DSCN5427.JPG

WAS YOUR HOUSE A METH LAB

The DEA's registry lists 113,464 meth labs that were uncovered from 1999 to 2008, but many meth experts think this figure is an underestimate. "

RICHMOND AUGUSTA 2004-2010 data
53## TIMBERWOOD DRIVE 9/17/2010

BLYTHE
33## 88 HIGHWAY 7/14/2006

OutOfControl
OutOfControl 07/13/14 - 06:15 pm
This is disgusting.

These types of hard-core drugs RUIN lives and not just the person manufacturing/dealing/using...It ruins entire families. This activity disgusts me to the core. :(