Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

3 steal pizza, wallet from delivery man

Sunday, May 18, 2014 6:41 PM
Last updated 7:59 PM

Deputies say an Pizza Hut employee was robbed by three unknown black males late Saturday, losing his wallet, his car keys and $50 worth of pizza and breadsticks.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

The employee was delivering an order to Woodlake Drive before the suspects changed the address to a home in the 2600 block of Car­rington Drive, according to a Rich­mond County sheriff’s report.

The victim was met in the driveway by a black male wearing black clothing and a fishing hat. The robber held a golf club to the man’s head and ordered him to remove everything from his pockets.

A second black male forced the victim to the ground while a third struck him twice in the head with a black handgun.

After his belongings were taken, the victim was ordered to walk away. He called police when he arrived back at work. His car was still at the scene untouched when he returned with deputies.

Pops
Pops 05/18/14 - 06:59 pm
Sounds like

something from Animal Planet.........predators circling a meal........what the heck.....just a group of children having fun......

IBeDogGone
IBeDogGone 05/18/14 - 07:11 pm
QUESTION

There is only a 30-45 minute window from the time you order a Pizza until it usually is ready for delivery, why would you have a change of address. As an employee delivering the Pizza or the employee taking the order and changing the address I would have questioned this before. Everything doesn't add up.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/18/14 - 08:15 pm
If anything is amiss it would

If anything is amiss it would have to be on the person answering the phone. The delivery driver just goes where they tell him. It is they who should have told the caller that addresses can't be changed after the order is taken.

unapologetik
unapologetik 05/18/14 - 10:31 pm
A customer tried that when I

A customer tried that when I worked at Papa John's. When I called back to the store for directions because the address was unclear, my manager directed me to leave. Luckily my car was unmarked because I spotted the guys waiting to rob me.

rebellious
20174
rebellious 05/19/14 - 03:15 am
Thinking About

getting a job delivering pizza on the Southside of Augusta. No fanfare, just delivering Pizza. But I want Cobalt George riding (Shotgun) next to me. Any problems, we deal with it. You know, call it in when the dust settles, or golf clubs clatter to the concrete. It sounds like a great way to pick up some side money, and maybe....just maybe....make a difference in Augusta. James Bronson in "Vigilante" style. Yep, sounds like a good thing to do. Might drive my Grand Torino! Whatcha think>

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/19/14 - 04:34 am
Brilliant Plan To Rob Pizza Guy

I bet they really think they had a brilliant plan robbing the pizza man. Hit him in the back of the head with a gun and all. See why the guy in the Waffle House who was carrying didn't get face down on the floor like the robbers told him? The brilliant pizza robbery plan would have ended in three funerals if the Waffle House customer had been there.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 05/19/14 - 07:21 am
Good Morning "Prime Target Pizza Guy" America.

If I was one of them there Pizza Guys, I would design my delivery pizza bag with a hidden side pocket carrying my 40 Cal. with my hand on it as I delivered. First down would be the Golf Club, Second down would be the Black Gun and just maybe next, the Fishing Hat if still around.

Next, call the RC sheriff office, then sit down eating a pizza waiting for the protectors of the public.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/19/14 - 07:41 am
Reb & CG - Why call it in?

I have better things to do.
Just put the remains on the side of the road and let waste haulers handle it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 05/19/14 - 07:49 am
cgee & rebel

Heck....even I would deliver if you 2 were riding with me!

YEEHAW!!!

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 05/19/14 - 09:12 am
Can I Ride Shotgun Too ??

Brilliant idea !! I wonder if a pizza place would hire us? Unfortunately 'nocnoc', there has to be some form of notification -- was going to say so that the Mommies could be told where their "cherubs" are, but the Coroner can do that. I think this is a great idea !!

edcushman
edcushman 05/19/14 - 10:09 am
"See why the guy in the

"See why the guy in the Waffle House who was carrying didn't get face down on the floor like the robbers told him?"
Riverman, is that the one where robber was killed and the family is saying that he was leaving and there was no reason to shoot him? The family is saying 'he was really a good boy'.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 05/19/14 - 09:40 am
Ed, yes. rebellious, I can

Ed, yes.

rebellious, I can tell you were posting in the wee hours; it is CHARLES Bronson... ;)

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/19/14 - 09:52 am
Marinerman1 - Notification about Sweet Innocent Babies dying

As long as I am on a roll.....

Tossing the bodies out in Gordon Hwy traffic.
After a few hours of nobody stopping to see what they hit...
....well we have all seen the 100 ft long deer stains on Interstate.

I have ZERO compassion for armed robbers.

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/19/14 - 09:55 am
Ref: Waffle House DEAD robber

His mother and family must have look at his activities as his Night Job.

I hope she sues, loses and the Jury awards Frivolous damages 2x against her.

edcushman
edcushman 05/19/14 - 10:13 am
" I hope she sues, loses and

" I hope she sues, loses and the Jury awards Frivolous damages 2x against her."
nocnoc, what are they going to get, her food stamps or welfare check? You can bet there is no father in the picture,

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/19/14 - 10:33 am
edcushman - There's a thought

I wonder if you can sue a person for their benefits?

Naaaaa.
It would force them to go back to work and the benefits would cease.

AHHHH !
But the award would still be good.
So they would have to work to feed themselves.

edcushman - you might have stumbled on to a new way to
get people that have made a living being unemployed
and on assistance .... back to working.

jimmymac
jimmymac 05/19/14 - 03:38 pm
DELIVERY

Soon it will be impossible for people to get food delivery in certain area's and the criminals will have to look for another source of money. Their momma's will whine about not getting delivery services but can you really blame the businesses? It's becoming a suicide watch when they venture into certain area's.

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 05/19/14 - 06:42 pm
As low as it gets.....

Ambushing a pizza guy is about the lowest of the low. Here's someone on minimum wage, probably working a second job, acting on good faith and responding to an anonymous call to his employer. Unarmed, unaware and totally alone. These punks are nothing more than predators. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I'd sentence them to 50 lashes each, if they're ever caught, just like in Iran. The Muslims get most things wrong but they've got that part right.

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.