Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

No one injured in drive-by shooting

Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:28 PM
Last updated 11:42 PM

An Augusta home was shot at least four times Saturday afternoon by a passenger in a car.

Police were called about 4:40 p.m., and two witnesses said they were at a nearby home when a white compact car slowly drove down the 1900 block of Wylie Drive. A black male in a black T-shirt leaned out of the front passenger window and fired about four shots into the air, the witnesses said. The vehicle was last seen turning onto Bell Drive, the police report said.

After scanning the area, deputies found four spent 9 mm bullet casings. Police say the house suffered no damage and that nobody was injured.

Dixieman
Dixieman 05/18/14 - 03:54 am
This happens a lot

in Columbia County too.
Not.

Riverman1
Riverman1 05/18/14 - 04:56 am
So the house was actually hit

So the house was actually hit by the bullets, but it suffered no damages. What the heck, just a few holes in the wall.

corgimom
corgimom 05/18/14 - 06:29 am
And certain people want to

And certain people want to say that Augusta is safe.

Right.

corgimom
corgimom 05/18/14 - 06:30 am
I want to know how you shoot

I want to know how you shoot at a home- but fire the bullets up into the air.

Is the home floating in air?

nocnoc
nocnoc 05/18/14 - 09:06 am
There may be more to this story

An RCSO Deputy lives on this street and word has it, it may have been for a gang initiation.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/18/14 - 10:13 am
Doesn't matter. Had a deputy

Doesn't matter. Had a deputy peel a 9mm bullet out of my wall and nobody ever even talked to the person that did it. Sorry about blurting that out, I was feeling grumpy, that was years ago. Police response has been great in my new neighborhood. I hope it keeps up with the children out of school for the summer. It's never boring around here, to put it nicely. I haven't had to call lately, but a neighbor just a block up is keeping close watch and has had to make numerous calls because there has been a lot of criminal mischief closer to that home. Be vigilant and pro-active, but don't be a vigilante.

dichotomy
dichotomy 05/18/14 - 11:08 am
Why did RCSO respond? Do we

Why did RCSO respond? Do we have a little Cop Response Discrimination (CRD) going on here in Richmond County? They did not come to my house when it and my car were hit by shotgun pellets and we knew who did it. The dispatcher told me to keep my witnesses here and then the cops never showed up.

Oh.....I see......this was NORTH of Bobby Jones. No cop response on the SOUTH end of the county. Our taxpayer dollars NOT AT WORK.....again.....still. Mr. High Sheriff Roundtree......if I move into a Secton 8 house will the cops come out if someone shoots my house and car?

The Mick
The Mick 05/18/14 - 02:59 pm
Listen guys lets look at the

Listen guys lets look at the bright side. This punk can't even hit a house.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 05/18/14 - 08:04 pm
Don't give up, dichotomy,

Don't give up, dichotomy, keep asking, if a deputy doesn't show up, call and ask for a supervisor, either a supervisor over dispatch, I'd ask for Dominic Nutter, and/or a supervisor over the deputies for your area.

jimmymac
jimmymac 05/19/14 - 03:45 pm
SHOOTING

This is becoming a pretty common occurrence in Augusta. I wonder what the house did to make the thug want to kill it?