Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta father, daughter charged in chop shop at Byrd Road

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:15 PM
Last updated 7:33 PM

An Augusta man and his teen daughter have been charged after police said they found a chop shop at a Byrd Road home.

Back | Next
Sammy Hardwick Jones Jr.  SPECIAL
SPECIAL
Sammy Hardwick Jones Jr.

Deputies went to the 3700 block of Byrd Road on Monday after a tip there was a stolen truck at the location.

According to a news release, police found the engine and parts to a 1991 Ford F-150 truck stolen April 21 from Lowe’s on Peach Orchard Road in the back yard.

Sammy Hardwick Jones Jr., 37, and his daughter Cheryl Adele Jones, 17, were charged with felony theft by taking a motor vehicle. Sammy Jones was also charged with operating a chop shop.

nocnoc
nocnoc 04/29/14 - 02:57 pm
Having been raised on Byrd Rd.

An IF this is the same Jones Family tree I grew up with ...
I can say his mother would be deeply upset & heart broken.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/29/14 - 03:54 pm
It's a family that eats together

It's a family that eats together, not one that chops together.

unapologetik
unapologetik 04/29/14 - 03:57 pm
+2 Living the dream

+2 Living the dream

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/29/14 - 04:11 pm
I don't know what a criminal

I don't know what a criminal looks like, but this dude looks the part.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/29/14 - 08:34 pm
"+2 Living the dream"

"+2 Living the dream"

Yeh, they are messing up my statistics. Give both of them 10 years to contemplate their father/daughter relationship.

Young Fred
Young Fred 04/30/14 - 03:17 am
17 year old daughter?

I'm thinking, unless she has bad history, she needs to get off light! It was her Da for crying out loud! She's 17! She needs to run, and run hard! I'd say the west coast.

Anywhere but away from him. Start clean and forget!

Easier said than done.

The mere fact that this dude would involve his daughter speaks volumes!

my.voice
my.voice 04/30/14 - 07:41 am
Father of the year, that's

Father of the year, that's what we have here.

LLArms
LLArms 04/30/14 - 10:46 am
I was thinking of Megan Fox's

I was thinking of Megan Fox's character from transformers...

jdsgirl63
2039
jdsgirl63 04/30/14 - 07:10 pm
I agree with Young Fred

Give the 17 year old girl a break, don't ruin her future because she has a horrible excuse for a father...

And girlie, if you're reading this, take Young Fred's advice.... run, run as fast and as far away from this man as possible. No decent father would want their child to be a criminal and would certainly not involve their child in criminal activity.

Taxpayers duck financial hit

Taxpayers dodged a financial punch when a judge ruled this month Augusta doesn't have to pay attorney fees to the company that successfully sued the city over its bidding process.