Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Cops called after customer throws milkshake

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 6:00 PM
Last updated 6:32 PM

A fast-food employee got a face full of shake Tuesday from an angry customer, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office report.

Deputies were called to McDonald’s, 3423 Wrightsboro Road, about 3 p.m. after a man threw a milkshake back through the drive-through window. The 18-year-old who was working the window said the man pulled the lid off the drink and took a sip before he began cursing and asking who made it. He threw the drink back through the window, hitting the employee in the face.

The customer was described as a white man in his late 20s, with curly brown hair, driving a dark blue Ford sedan. Police said the incident was documented on surveillance video.

The driver could face a charge of simple battery.

KSL
KSL 04/09/14 - 08:12 pm
And needs to be punished to

And needs to be punished to the hilt the law allows.

Dixieman
Dixieman 04/09/14 - 08:16 pm
who made it?

Does his girlfriend work there or something?

Dixieman
Dixieman 04/09/14 - 08:16 pm
who made it?

Does his girlfriend work there or something?

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 04/09/14 - 09:34 pm
Over a milkshake??

Over a milkshake?? Geesh...and I thought those folks drinking those fancy-schmancy lattes were the persnickity ones!

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 04/09/14 - 10:04 pm
I never cease to be amazed...

.....at the fury into which some people work themselves over not enough mayo, too much mayo, cold fries, hot fries etc., etc.

Are their lives that empty?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/14 - 10:34 pm
The biggest joke of it is

The biggest joke of it is that unless they've changed the process, people don't "make" milkshakes at McD's; they come straight from the machine.

karradur
karradur 04/10/14 - 12:00 am
...

I guess his milkshake did, in fact, bring all the boys to the yard.

rebellious
20916
rebellious 04/10/14 - 02:50 am
There has to be

a witty line to post to this article, but it evades me.

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 04/10/14 - 05:42 am
"There has to be a witty line

"There has to be a witty line to post to this article, but it evades me."

Just call him a "thug."

freeradical
freeradical 04/10/14 - 06:01 am
Customer Dials 911

Boy is this guy backwards .
Does not even know that in 2014 it is the customer that is supposed
to dial 911 when everything is not to his satisfaction .

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/10/14 - 06:54 am
thug

A milkshake thug at that---dang, waste a good milkshake!

corgimom
corgimom 04/10/14 - 08:35 am
Just call him trashy, because

Just call him trashy, because he is.

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 04/10/14 - 09:01 am
The Customer

The customer is always right, unless they're being an [filtered word]. I've made this comment to a few people over the years, in retail establishments - to customers that were acting like a donkey rear. In this case, I guess he did not appreciate the flora of the milkshake vintage that he received ...: - )

Butterman
Butterman 04/10/14 - 10:30 am
My Milkshake

I guess his milkshake didn't bring all the boys to the yard.

allhans
allhans 04/10/14 - 10:43 am
Having experienced the

Having experienced the service at that particular establishment I can understand frustration.
It might be that the customer was given the first shake of the day and no one had bother to clear the machine.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/10/14 - 11:00 am
Master Shake

Master Shake is an arrogant fictional character in the show Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Master Shake is a mean, pathological liar who torments the others. This guy should be known as Master Shake.

foxsilong
foxsilong 04/10/14 - 11:33 am
don't customers pay before getting their food at drive-thru?

I don't use drive-thru very often, but from my experience I've always been billed before getting my food. So I'm guessing this man paid his shake but waste it? If he paid cash, he got a bigger change to get away; but if he paid with card, he WILL be arrested for simple battery.

happychimer
happychimer 04/10/14 - 01:39 pm
I have been through the

I have been through the drive-thru there plenty of times, because the food is better there than at other McDonalds. They do a lot of business.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 04/10/14 - 03:27 pm
How can the food at one

How can the food at one McDonald's be better than that from another? It is all the same food, isn't it? Clarify please?

happychimer
happychimer 04/10/14 - 05:25 pm
I will clarify!!! The

I will clarify!!! The management at each store is different. For instance, one McDonalds will have burgers with the cheese melted, and other one the cheese will not even be warm. The tomatoes at one store might be mushy and other store the tomatoes will taste fresh. Another example is Taco Bell. The one near me is always good. I have to inspect my order at another particular one. I got taco supremes there and it had no tomatoes on it, and the sour cream was all on one side.

happychimer
happychimer 04/10/14 - 05:28 pm
I know someone in management,

I know someone in management, and was told that it is all in management. Some will run out of items and not care about customers. The ones making the tacos are suppose to squirt sour cream in a line across the taco; not just clump it in one place.

happychimer
happychimer 04/10/14 - 05:32 pm
I got a Big Mac from

I got a Big Mac from McDonalds inside Walmart and it was not that good. I got one on Deans Bridge Rd and it was so good that my stomach growled. It is management.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...