Ga. teen charged in grandmom's fatal beating

Thursday, March 6, 2014 11:33 AM
Last updated 7:43 PM

JACKSON, Ga. — The middle Georgia teenager accused of beating his grandmother to death with a metal baseball bat will remain in jail, a judge said Thursday.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Norman Bland, of Butts County, won’t be released on bond and will have to wait for a date when a Towaliga Judicial Circuit Superior Court judge can decide if he merits freedom, a magistrate said.

Bland, 18, is charged with murder and is alleged to have attacked Glenda Woodard with a metal baseball bat Tuesday night after she would take him to go buy cigarettes.

He pummeled her repeatedly until she died, police said.

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 03/06/14 - 12:59 pm
Kill him. End of story. My

Kill him. End of story. My tax dollars no longer need to provide him oxygen.

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/06/14 - 01:23 pm
Heartbreaking that someone

Heartbreaking that someone can have so much evil in them.

my.voice
my.voice 03/06/14 - 02:36 pm
AC - You need to buy an

AC - You need to buy an adverb.

You beat your grandma with a bat? Dude, you need a date with a needle.

LeConteSkier
LeConteSkier 03/06/14 - 03:24 pm
Death Penilty

To bad there is not REAL Justice anymore! How about a good old fashioned execution on the town square complete with baseball bats a live penata for a festive activity! Bring back capital punishment!

Dixieman
Dixieman 03/06/14 - 03:47 pm
As seen on The Simpsons

There's a "Butts County"?
Har-har!

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/06/14 - 04:01 pm
Save the cost of the drugs to

Save the cost of the drugs to kill him. One bullet, .50 cents, I volunteer to do it and will even donate the bullet.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/06/14 - 04:20 pm
Dollars to donut holes he was

Dollars to donut holes he was born to a teen mom with a sperm donor who is nowhere to be found. He was raised semi-feral with no respect for himself or life.
This kind of angry behavior is repeated nationwide daily, if not hourly.

Thank you LBJ and Democrats for your "great" society.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 03/06/14 - 06:42 pm
I read the comments. Then I

I read the comments.
Then I goggled the suspect's name.

Oh, noooow it all makes sense.

May God be with the family.

Darby
Darby 03/06/14 - 07:39 pm
".....after she would (not) take him

to go buy cigarettes."

Just me nit-picking again...

Darby
Darby 03/06/14 - 07:41 pm
Dixie -

Your post didn't really deserve a "thumbs up" but I'm still trying to help you get to your intermediate goal of 10,000 points.

Darby
Darby 03/06/14 - 07:43 pm
As for the creep in this report...

I'm a firm believer in the old "eye for an eye" system of justice. I'll provide the baseball bat.

Aluminum would be appropriate.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 03/06/14 - 10:38 pm
Well... at least he's already

Well... at least he's already close to Jackson Highmax

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/06/14 - 11:10 pm
@ international

What makes sense? I don't understand your post.

KSL
KSL 03/07/14 - 12:48 am
Should that be she would not

Should that be she would not take him?

Something wrong with an 18 year old who needs to smoke, who cannot take himself to buy cigarettes, and who takes a metal, or even a wooden, bat to his grandmother. Quick and certain death should be in his future.

KSL
KSL 03/07/14 - 01:09 am
Lets bring back more use of

Lets bring back more use of the death penalty without multi year delays and big bucks for lawyers who can't make it in every day practice of law. This 18 year old was not in a position to drive himself or get a friend to come to his aid and need. So he goes into a rage and bludgeons his grandmother who is getting ready to go to work.

He is not crazy, he is evil.

KSL
KSL 03/07/14 - 09:18 am
Dixie

You live in Georgia, don't you. You had to have known there is a Butts County.

Darby
Darby 03/07/14 - 07:08 pm
"Quick and certain death should be in his future."

Not all that certain that I agree with you.

Why "quick"?