Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Teen wounded Tuesday in family argument

Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014 4:45 AM
Last updated 7:10 PM

A Hephzibah teen was shot early Tuesday morning during a family argument, according to authorities.

A news release from the Richmond County Sheriff's Office said deputies were called about 1 a.m. to a shooting at 2446 Patillar Road.

Taylor Christmas, 17, was wounded when shots were fired at the vehicle in which she was riding; she was taken to Georgia Regents Medical Center with nonlife threatening injuries, deputies said.

Gina George was taken into police custody and will be charged with two counts of aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, police said.

nocnoc
nocnoc 02/18/14 - 06:38 am
Speculating Only

Speculating Only

I am willing to bet Ms. Christmas was not the intended target.

An this has me wondering who the other vehicle occupant was and what that person meant to Gina?

BTW:
Gina Georges HHS photo

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 02/18/14 - 10:34 am
She has that look in her

She has that look in her eyes, "back off, I'm packin' "

Truth Matters
Truth Matters 02/18/14 - 12:28 pm
Dang, nocnoc... You're fast

Dang, nocnoc...
You're fast and good.
Did you once work for the NSA or FBI?
Just asking.

corgimom
corgimom 02/18/14 - 02:56 pm
I just can't ever conceive of

I just can't ever conceive of wanting to shoot someone in my family.

No matter how bad the argument, no matter how upset I would be, I would never want to hurt anybody that I love.

corgimom
corgimom 02/18/14 - 04:27 pm
The girlfriend, Gina George,

The girlfriend, Gina George, shot at the boyfriend's estranged wife, but hit the teenage daughter instead.

I don't consider that a family argument, Gina George is not a member of the victim's family.

Here's hoping that the boyfriend/husband will have common sense and drop her like a hot potato. That child could've been killed.

griff6035
griff6035 02/19/14 - 09:17 am
Patiller rd

The TV Journalist can't pronounce the word and you all can't spell the word.

Storm brings heavy rain, property damage reported

The National Weather Service in Columbia says the threat of severe weather has left the Augusta area, but not before leaving behind some property damage Sunday.