Crime & Courts Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Restaurant employee shot during armed robbery

Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014 10:01 PM
Last updated 10:43 PM

An employee at an Augusta fast food restaurant was hospitalized Sunday after he was shot in the leg during an armed robbery, police say.

About 8:20 p.m., two unknown black men entered the KFC restaurant near the intersection of Windsor Spring and Peach Orchard roads brandishing handguns and demanding money, according to a statement from the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office.

Police say one of the suspects shot one of the cashiers in the leg before fleeing the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash.

The victim, who has not been identified, was taken to Georgia Regents Medical Center.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 02/09/14 - 11:55 pm
Man, the guy was just

Man, the guy was just working..trying to make some money THE RIGHT WAY! I sure hope they find the sorry, stinking punks who shot this guy and took the money they didn't earn!
Sorry, sorry, sorry pieces of human flesh.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 02/10/14 - 12:44 am
Stand you ground

And there are those that want to do away with it because it's "shoot first and ask questions later." That's what thug punks do. It's open season on law-abiding citizens, it needs to be open season on punk thugs. I don't care what the law is, I WILL defend myself and I WILL defend others if I am ever put in that situation. I'm not looking for a confrontation, but if one finds me, I WILL be prepared.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/10/14 - 02:32 am
I agree 100%

"Every fast food restaurant and convenience store needs a full time sniper with a clear shot at the counter"

It is the only language these beasts understand.

KSL
KSL 02/10/14 - 05:00 am
Stand your ground everywhere

Stand your ground everywhere and concealed carry issued to law abiders is the real answer.

nocnoc
nocnoc 02/10/14 - 07:26 am
KFC robbed

Given the prices they charge for a wing ($2.15),
the robbers must of hit the jack pot .

I noticed the article made no mention of the robbers taking some
original recipe chicken. I just they couldn't wait around that long./

BTW:
Hope the wounded employee heals.
But why did they shoot him?

Was he trying to stop them?

JRC2024
20963
JRC2024 02/10/14 - 08:35 am
Should have killed the sob

Should have killed the sob right then and there.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/10/14 - 09:12 am
Stake outs!!

They worked in the past when things got rowdy....use them.

Sweet son
Sweet son 02/10/14 - 12:15 pm
Hey countyman does your list of coming attractions for South

Augusta which consists of only franchise food chains mean that there will be more opportunity for armed robberies?

How about get something going that will generate a LOT of tax revenue. But on second thought if we send more money to the Marble Palace those guys will just figure out more ways to waste it rather than balance the budget and save some.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 02/10/14 - 09:35 pm
Amazing how someone will rail

Amazing how someone will rail about this article on the rants and raves, but will not post on this thread... typical

stuaby
20771
stuaby 02/10/14 - 10:51 pm
It's just horrible!

It's just horrible! Horrible! Ack! What's wrong with people! We all just need to come together!

Umm. Is there anything else that can be said about this?

Meanwhile, the nation, it's government, etc. are falling apart at the seams. But we don't need to comment about the stories that illustrate this, now do we?

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 02/10/14 - 11:46 pm
Out of control........

Completely out of control. It's like a plague.

Spurrier returns to Florida post
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Steve Spurrier already has a statue outside of the football stadium and the field named after him. Next he'll serve as ambassador and consultant for the school's entire ...