Crime & Courts Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Official: House fire likely caused by cooking meth

  • Follow Crime & courts

A fire that badly damaged an Augusta home over the weekend likely was caused by someone cooking methamphetamine, according to Augusta-Richmond County Fire Department Lt. Carlton Bradley.

The attic of a home on the 3900 block of Mike Padgett Highway caught fire Saturday morning and caused extensive damage to the residence, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s office incident report.

The property manager for the home gave Bradley the tenant’s name, but the woman said she wasn’t home during the fire.

The blaze, which was reported to authorities Thursday, is still under investigation.

Comments (2) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
corgimom
55848
Points
corgimom 02/07/14 - 07:48 am
0
0
Now that house is

Now that house is contaminated.

Good luck to the owner, cleaning up THAT mess!

scooter2762
78737
Points
scooter2762 02/07/14 - 08:50 am
0
0
Now that's some karma for

Now that's some karma for you.

Back to Top
 
loading...
Top headlines
Trinity on the Hill holds annual God and Country Celebration
On Sunday, Sgt. Jim Dover - along with 25 other World War II veterans - were recognized for their service at the annual God and Country Celebration at Trinity on the Hill United Methodist Church.
Search Augusta jobs