Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man robbed at gunpoint, stripped of clothing

Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014 12:33 AM
Last updated 12:38 AM

Police say an Augusta man was held at gunpoint and robbed of his clothing late Friday.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

About 10:40 p.m., Richmond Coun­ty sheriff’s deputies were sent to the 1500 block of Picquet Ave­nue, where the victim said he was approached by two black males in ski masks and black clothing who demanded he “give it up,” according to an incident report.

When the victim asked what they meant, one of the men struck him in the head with a handgun and demanded he take off all of his clothes. When he didn’t move fast enough, the second man hit him twice in the head with his handgun, according to the report.

The men took $450 in clothing, two sets of keys and $400 in cash. They were last seen running north toward Parks Avenue.

rocketserve
rocketserve 01/12/14 - 08:35 am
I hope...

That outfit and Jordan's fit one of those robbers because I am guessing it wasn't a $450 suit the guy was walking around in while it was raining Friday night

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/12/14 - 08:39 am
2 more living the dream.

2 more living the dream.

soapy_725
soapy_725 01/12/14 - 09:25 am
$450 in clothing? All were living the dream. No WalMart shopper

$450 in clothing? All were living the dream. No WalMart shopper

just an opinion
just an opinion 01/12/14 - 10:21 am
$450 of clothing?

I dress decent but at any given moment the threads on my back are only probably worth about $30. And usually only carry about $ 40 cash around not $400. This must have been a well-to-do guy.

Georgialina
Georgialina 01/12/14 - 12:39 pm
Just An Opinion

I had the same opinion (pardon the pun) I too wear decent clothes but no way do I have on $450 worth on at the same time. I too sometimes carry around a bit of cash, but that much walking around money in an economically depressed neighborhood raises a few questions.
If this guy is doing this well, maybe he should consider moving to a safer neighborhood.

allhans
allhans 01/12/14 - 12:47 pm
It's the shoes ma, the

It's the shoes ma, the shoes....

happychimer
19537
happychimer 01/12/14 - 01:29 pm
Blaming the victim as

Blaming the victim as usually.Now that is bad.

just an opinion
just an opinion 01/12/14 - 01:54 pm
Dear Happy,

You're obviously not familiar with Picquet Avenue. I am. You don't want to be dressed like that and carrying around that kind of money at that time of night. Trust me on this.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/12/14 - 02:02 pm
Feel sorry the guy got robbed and got injured.

But seriously picture this.

He put on $450 worth of clothing.
He put $400 worth cash in his pocket.
He decide to go walking in a Higher than normal Crime rate area.

What part of NOT attracting attention in a tough neighborhood, loaded with $$$$ on Saturday Night, didn't he learn growing up in
the South?

I really think there is little more this story, or this guy is missing a whole order of Fries in his happy meal.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 01/12/14 - 02:50 pm
He should not have been

He should not have been walking in that area at night and with that much money, but, he is still the crime VICTIM. Hopefully he has learned a lesson he won't forget. As for carrying money, my husband use to carry money with him. Sometimes he would have 3 times that amount in his pocket. I was able to finally stop him.

fatboyhog
fatboyhog 01/12/14 - 03:31 pm
Victim?

I'd be interested to find out where the victim of this crime lives. I wonder if he was in the area looking for a good time? IF that's the case, yes, I blame the victim. If you go looking for trouble, you quite often find it. He was approached by two men in ski masks; it's quite possible he was set up after a pre-arranged meeting.

teaparty
teaparty 01/12/14 - 04:51 pm
" I had the same opinion

" I had the same opinion (pardon the pun) I too wear decent clothes but no way do I have on $450 worth on at the same time."
I wear nice clothes, shirt $3.75, jeans $4.50, shoes $5.00. I shop at Goodwill.

oldredneckman96
oldredneckman96 01/12/14 - 05:17 pm
Mac Daddy the Pimp/Dealer

Is it too early? Is the ink not dry yet? I can read, even between the lines and understand maps, does anyone else? I bet the cops that took this report still have not stopped laughing. Karma is a bad lady.

Pops
Pops 01/12/14 - 05:54 pm
The description and supposed value

of the clothing is coming from the victim to the police. A nude man can tell them anything. "Oh yes officer....they took my mink coat, my Air Jordans, oh yeah, did I mention dey took my $4,000 I had in my pocket". I don't believe his story and here's why I don't. How many well to do people are walking around today without a smart phone? No report of that being taken.

KSL
KSL 01/12/14 - 06:38 pm
Y'all have me laughing. No

Y'all have me laughing. No mention of his race. Is that in deference to the victim or so we are not made aware of whether it was black on black crime or black on white crime?

And don't say it makes no difference. It does make a difference to one of the crookest Attorney General of all times.

KSL
KSL 01/12/14 - 07:42 pm
Well he is!

Well he is!

KSL
KSL 01/12/14 - 07:56 pm
Removed

Removed

KSL
KSL 01/12/14 - 08:02 pm
What, Happy

Your husband would walk around with $1350 in his pocket? Why?

Glad you got him to stop.

KSL
KSL 01/12/14 - 08:06 pm
Thumbs down for removing a

Thumbs down for removing a post.

Now that is raw hatred. I am so under your skin. I love it.

KSL
KSL 01/12/14 - 08:08 pm
This is so much fun. Bring

This is so much fun. Bring them on.

toldyaso
toldyaso 01/13/14 - 09:40 am
Mac Daddy

Guess he thought he was immune. Next!

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 01/13/14 - 01:20 pm
you got one "monkey rich"

you got one "monkey rich" gorilla struttin around with his new clothes he just bought and a large "wad" of money my guess if from cahing his momma's welfare check and selling her food stamps, money he stole from somewhere, or from his business of being an "unlicensed pharmaceutical marketer", any of the thre option are the most likley, one thing i am sure of is that he definitely did not buy the clothes or earn the money that was stolen by being gainfully and legally employed at a real job and i am sure that he knows his attackers and that when they walked up to him he thought there were going to be customers...

heatb79
heatb79 01/13/14 - 02:30 pm
"crookest"?

"crookest"?

happychimer
19537
happychimer 01/13/14 - 05:02 pm
KSL my husband used to do

KSL my husband used to do just cash. no checks and no cards.When he bought his car, he paid for the car with cash. His cash days are over. He hardly ever carries more than $20. I hardly ever carry 25 cents.