Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Facebook comments spur fight

Thursday, Jan. 9, 2014 12:18 PM
Last updated 7:52 PM

An Augusta woman told police she was hit on the head with a hammer during an argument over comments made on Facebook.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

About 3 p.m. Wednesday, police were called to Shalimar Drive, where they discovered Autelia McDougald, 33, with a large knot on her head. She told police that after she arrived home, a neighbor, Lathronia Nelson, 28, grabbed her pocketbook, pulled her to the ground and hit her with a hammer. During the fight, McDougald said, her weave was pulled from her head.

Nelson told police she felt threatened because McDougald had pepper spray. She reported her shoulder was injured during the fight.

Police said the fight originated from an ongoing dispute over comments the women made about each other on Facebook.

Nelson was not arrested, but police advised McDougald of warrant procedures.

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/09/14 - 01:05 pm
Hammers kill more people than assault rifles every year

We need to register Hammers.

The FBI’s statistics from 2011, the most recent year available, for murders with knives 1,694, personal weapons 728, blunt objects 496 and rifles of ANY type 323.

Imagine a world without Hammers and Knives?

David Parker
David Parker 01/09/14 - 01:09 pm
Jerry JERRY JERRY!!!!

this story leaves a lot to be desired if you don't include the facebook back and forth. jez sayin

myfather15
myfather15 01/09/14 - 01:17 pm
People are absolutey

People are absolutey ridiculously STUPID!!! Do you know how many calls we get, where someone is reporting "She said this about me on FACEBOOK!!" People actually call the police, not over threats, but just someone saying something negative or "talking trash" about them on facebook!!!

Red Headed Step Child
Red Headed Step Child 01/09/14 - 01:43 pm
Dangit...

Now I can't get the song "If I had a hammer" out of my head...

This just goes to show that some don't get wiser as they get older.

bob0142
bob0142 01/09/14 - 02:13 pm
I am with myfather here,

I am with myfather here, social media seems to have become more like social insanity. People are acting downright nuts

I'm Back Again
I'm Back Again 01/09/14 - 02:19 pm
Man I canst belee dat her

Man I canst belee dat her weave had got tow up. Wut dis wurl comin toos?

nocnoc
nocnoc 01/09/14 - 03:47 pm
I can see it now

"I am from Internet Social Media Enforcement (ISME), your access is being terminated, for hurting ________ feelings on _____ 20##."

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/09/14 - 03:54 pm
Dang, internet.

Dang, internet.

myfather15
myfather15 01/09/14 - 04:16 pm
Does this seem right?

I was listening to Clark Howard the other and he was saying that 80% of people get "Seperation Anxiety" from seperation from.........can you guess it?.........wait for the drum roll please............THEIR PHONE!!

Is there a medication for this?

He was saying that Sony is developing a "Toilet Proof" smartphone, because the majority of people's phones that are damaged or destroyed are dropped in the toilet!! People just can't stand to be away from their phones, not even in the toilet!! What ever happened to reading a book? That's one of my favorite places to read a book!! I realize you can read on a smartphone, but that still doesn't seem right to me.

In full disclosure, I don't have a smart phone. I still use and ENV Touch, because all I do is talk and text.

David Parker
David Parker 01/09/14 - 04:26 pm
my dog gets seperation

my dog gets seperation anxiety when we leave the house in the morning. DEATH TO ALL SOCKS at that point.

corgimom
corgimom 01/09/14 - 05:22 pm
They need to post on here,

They need to post on here, Sean could moderate them, they could read all sorts of trash talk on here.

corgimom
corgimom 01/09/14 - 05:24 pm
myfather, I dropped my phone

myfather, I dropped my phone in the toilet.

It was in my pants pocket, they were polyester pants, and it slid right out and fell in.

Not everybody is addicted to a phone.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/09/14 - 05:51 pm
Dang Corgi, Myfather15 didn't

Dang Corgi, Myfather15 didn't say everyone is addicted to a phone. He commented on an article that says 80% of the people have separation anxiety from their phones and a lot of people drop their phones in the toilet.

Do you always have to contradict everyone that writes an opinion........

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/09/14 - 05:54 pm
So Lathronia always carries a

So Lathronia always carries a hammer around in the yard when she confronts her neighbor? LOL If she knew that Autelia carried pepper spray then why did she confront her in the yard.

Dixieman
Dixieman 01/09/14 - 09:23 pm
Dissin'...

...is not new. Just more public in these days of FB and Twitter.

Pops
Pops 01/09/14 - 09:34 pm
More waste of law enforcement

time trying to keep certain members of our society from killing each other.
Maybe one of the two combatants will have an article in the paper demanding "justice".......

KSL
KSL 01/09/14 - 10:15 pm
Where do they get these

Where do they get these names?

Navy Gary
Navy Gary 01/09/14 - 10:40 pm
LOL

OMG, this is so comical!! First I read: "discovered Autelia McDougald, 33, with a large knot on her head" (LOLz, as my mind wonders what type of monstrosity qualifies as a "large knot") then I read: "During the fight, McDougald said, her weave was pulled from her head." ROTFLOLz...!!

This is right off of the Springer Show.... I still can't stop laughing...

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 01/09/14 - 11:27 pm
They were 33 and 28 years

They were 33 and 28 years old. The more I read articles like this, the more I feel compassion for MyFather15 and his colleagues.
MyFather15, just once when you get a call from your dispatcher about a Facebook dispute, I would like you to say "OK, I'll get to it when I get done protecting the citizens who actually pay my salary". I will stand up with you on this one.

GiantsAllDay
GiantsAllDay 01/09/14 - 11:30 pm
The people who call the cops,

The people who call the cops, the people who want the cops' attention, the people who the cops interface with and the people who use the cops' resources are the people least likely to pay taxes toward the cops' salary.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/09/14 - 11:49 pm
If one doesn't think people

If one doesn't think people are addicted, just look around. Everywhere you go there are people with their eyes glued to the phone. Even in restaurants at meal time.

GACopprhed
GACopprhed 01/10/14 - 07:29 am
David Parker

I feel your pain. Mine sits at the sliding glass door, waiting for me to pass by or come home. I live where I work. Whenever I pass by and don't stop in to speak, I get the most evil looks that he can give. Fortunately, socks are safe.

corgimom
corgimom 01/10/14 - 07:37 am
When somebody pulls out their

When somebody pulls out their phone when I am sitting with them in a restaurant, my conversation with them is over. If they then say something to me, I say, 'Oh, were you speaking to me? I couldn't tell if it was me or someone on your phone that you were speaking to."

They get the idea.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/10/14 - 07:44 am
Keeping a Hammer By My Computer

I'm going to keep a ball peen hammer by my computer when I read the Chronicle comments. If I see one that bothers me the monitor is going to get IT. I've had enough of y'all. I'll show ya.

iaaffg
iaaffg 01/10/14 - 08:21 am
facebook should be

facebook should be obliterated. anyone who lives their life through a network social site needs to have their heads examined, needs to step away from the computer and perhaps commit to an intervention program of some type, such as they have for druggies and alkies. in other words: go get a life away from your computer! go do some community work, volunteer somewhere for the sick, the lame, the homeless, pull your head out of your posterior and do something other than post on facebook every time you have a bowel movement or a fight with your S.O. no wonder we have become a nation of milquetoast idiots.

lifelongresident
lifelongresident 01/10/14 - 08:35 am
"eye's own-lay hit hur wit

"eye's own-lay hit hur wit mah hamma cause she say-id somtin bad bout me and dat wile watin fo mah welfair and foo stamps i saw on mah computah wat she say-id cause me not werk fo sho cause of Obama payin mah bills and she say-id dat my hair style is wack so i jess wint obahd dare wit mah hamma to gits me some respek fo sho cuase mah man told me dat and she aint nuthin so she quit talkin bout me fo sho cause Obama is dat an fo sho......how childish, 2 ignorant monkeys fighting over facebook, since they probably do not have a job they spend all day at the computer liking at each other's facebook page and reading their posts looking for something, anything to use as an excuse to act like apes...next thing you know they will start throwing feces at one another....

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/10/14 - 08:55 am
RM

You're hurting me.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/10/14 - 09:01 am
A few years ago

The AC ran a piece on a guy that hit his wife over the head with a broken hammer because she drank the last beer - that still cracks me up!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/10/14 - 09:01 am
Lily

^^^ Don't worry Lilly...I'm going to run over him next time I see him at Costco with the beautiful people....hahahh

He will stand out from the crowd.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/10/14 - 09:13 am
Hahaha

Hahaha - ya'll have made me laugh this morning.