Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Two Augusta men accused of stealing Air Jordans, cash

Sunday, Dec. 29, 2013 9:47 PM
Last updated 9:56 PM

Police say two Augusta men robbed two people at gunpoint late Saturday, stealing Air Jordan sneakers and more than $120.

Tony Samuel Harris, 19, of Richmond Hill Road, and Dannie Maurice Demmons Jr., 18, of Conner Court, are charged with felony counts of armed robbery, according to Richmond County jail records. Harris is also charged with felony possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

Police say Demmons had been playing video games with Daquan Hill, 19, and Terrell Simmons, 20, at Harris’ home in the 3100 block of Conner Court when he asked them to come to another part of the house.

When the victims entered the room, Harris brandished a black handgun and forced them to lay on the ground, according to an incident report. Har­ris and Demmons then stole the victims’ shoes – worth more than $300 – and the cash.

According to the report, Dem­mons was caught in the home’s driveway and Harris was found hiding in bushes. All of the stolen items were returned.

The victims told police they knew Demmons from playing basketball together but had never met Harris before Saturday.

corgimom
corgimom 12/29/13 - 11:08 pm
Well, at the risk of being

Well, at the risk of being thought haughty or insensitive (*snort*), this is the kind of crap that I am judgmental about.

But I guess there will be people on here that will feel sorry for those two criminals because "they made a mistake" and "they are young".

Not me.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/29/13 - 11:28 pm
$200

This is why I make sure my shoes cost less than $75.

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/30/13 - 06:08 am
(*snort*)....wow, how lady

(*snort*)....wow, how lady like.

robert2410
robert2410 12/30/13 - 06:56 am
Don't see why any liberal

Don't see why any liberal would snort about this, this is the culture you guys created you know. I'm sure if Obama had a son he would be just like this bunch in the story.

owensjef3
owensjef3 12/30/13 - 07:39 am
Rob2410 what does your

Rob2410 what does your comment have to do with anything.

owensjef3
owensjef3 12/30/13 - 07:40 am
Now to my real point, this is

Now to my real point, this is just as dumb as it is wrong. Take them off the streets.

burninater
burninater 12/30/13 - 07:59 am
Someone's not paying attention

Sorry robert2410, liberalism did not create the culture of wealth worship.

The race-baiting thrown in there is an interesting choice. Thank the internet for showing Americans the level of "class" that used to only be clear to those hidden in its mindless, racist underbelly. If folks with that kind of a message want to know the real cause of all the social change we're seeing lately, they should try a mirror.

robert2410
robert2410 12/30/13 - 08:36 am
Wealth worship, or just plain

Wealth worship, or just plain thuggery? The more you libs refuse to acknowledge the problems facing this current culture the worse it becomes. Using all the ism terms are just a deflection from the real problem, a problem you guys are either unwilling or afraid to face.

internationallyunknown
internationallyunknown 12/30/13 - 08:57 am
divide and conquer!

You libs...! You conservatives...! Seems that some want to paint EVERYONE with a broad stroke. How mature.

What up with the division...oh wait.

Ig you think about it:
Wealth worship and thuggery are words which describe American history/ present day perfectly.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/30/13 - 09:39 am
What part of dumb is this?

How did these nincompoops figure they could get away with his?

It has sharing a jail cell written all over it?

teaparty
teaparty 12/30/13 - 10:00 am
"Sorry robert2410, liberalism

"Sorry robert2410, liberalism did not create the culture of wealth worship."
Sorry burninater, liberalism DID CREATE the entitlement mentality that is wide spread across people under 40. The Great Society has created many deadbeats.

robert2410
robert2410 12/30/13 - 12:42 pm
What up with the division?

What up with the division? Ask the libs dude, they are the ones who think America sucks and needs to be ripped to shreds. If we just used common sense and reason we would be fine but the left has become way too dogmatic and unreasonable. You can not disagree with them about anything without getting accused of racism or some other ism word they love to throw around so much and it gets tiresome to try.

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/30/13 - 01:05 pm
At the expense of being misunderstood I thought robert's

comment was OK because it just created an atmosphere for good banter. Often in this forum we agree and disagree and that is what makes it interesting most of the time.

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 12/30/13 - 02:35 pm
Sorry Burninater

I just looked in the mirror. I'm still the guy that was taught right from wrong. I'm still the guy that would not have ever dreamed of being 19 and carrying a gun. Harris and Demmons are punk-a** thugs. They are trash at this early stage in their life and both should be disposed of, in a jail cell, for a VERY long time. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that they both already have "sheets".

bdouglas
bdouglas 12/30/13 - 03:14 pm
@Marinerman1

Looking at the Richmond County Case Management search site, it appears both of them have a rap sheet and criminal daddies to go along with it (both are actually jr's, not just Demmons)

burninater
burninater 12/30/13 - 03:30 pm
Marinerman1, my post had

Marinerman1, my post had nothing to do with Harris and Demmons. You're right, they ARE thugs, and they DON'T know right from wrong. My post is about robert2410's decision to take an incident like this and try to use it to paint an entirely unrelated group of people as culpable, while throwing a little snide racism in there in the process.

Robert2410 continues with "You can not disagree with them about anything without getting accused of racism or some other ism word they love to throw around so much and it gets tiresome to try."

Here's an idea -- try again to make a point without the racism. If Robert2410 is too "dogmatic and unreasonable" to understand what is racist about his avatar and his original post, I'm not going spend the time to try to repair that. Robert 2410 should at least recognize that at the same time he accuses others of playing the "ism" game, that is exactly the tactic he takes with the thugs = liberalism post.

owensjef3
owensjef3 12/30/13 - 03:41 pm
When I see those post like

When I see those post like rob's I wait for other conservatives to challenge them and they never do. Very frustrating .

owensjef3
owensjef3 12/30/13 - 03:46 pm
In fact they all come to the

In fact they all come to the defense.

robert2410
robert2410 12/30/13 - 07:47 pm
Challenge what? The truth?

Challenge what? The truth? What I say is true and you can call it racism or whatever you want. Like Marinerman I look myself in the mirror and have zero qualms. I'm not the one running and thugging the street nor am I the one defending any of them. I feel just fine about myself, to bad that bothers you. As far as my avatar, Obama is what he is, I simply am not blind to it.

teaparty
teaparty 12/30/13 - 08:43 pm
"Obama is what he is, I

"Obama is what he is, I simply am not blind to it."
You are correct. Obama is very ruthless and very evil.

Pops
Pops 12/30/13 - 08:46 pm
I can't get over the fact

that these two kids thought that they could rob someone that could ID them so easily.......not very bright.....

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/30/13 - 11:00 pm
They are just DUMB kids and

They are just DUMB kids and get no sympathy from me. They just want what others have and have earned. Put them in jail.

Dixieman
Dixieman 12/30/13 - 11:04 pm
Huh?

Would someone please explain to me: What is it about the shoes?
Why are do so many robberies involve shoes?

And these rocket scientists who robbed people they know and who can readily identify them: What WERE they thinking?

kiwiinamerica
kiwiinamerica 12/30/13 - 11:04 pm
Air Jordans

On another day, in another place, these folks would be among the rioters at the mall, trying to get themselves a pair of the newly released sneakers.

Then again, maybe not, since they'd have to actually pay for them.

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 12/30/13 - 11:11 pm
The Shoes

I don't understand it myself. I can tell when a new "Jordan" is being released, by the line of people standing/camping in front of Hibbett's Sports @ Mullins Crossing. It amazes me every time I see them in line.