Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta man acquitted of armed robbery

Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013 2:29 PM
Last updated 7:09 PM

An Augusta man was acquitted of armed robbery and other charges this week in Richmond County Superior Court.

A jury returned the not guilty verdict Tuesday for Thaddeus T. Brown, 23. Brown was arrested in connection with the robbery of the AM/PM store in the 1800 block of Gordon Highway on April 24.

dichotomy
31960
dichotomy 12/11/13 - 05:34 pm
Seems like the juries just

Seems like the juries just refuse to convict nowadays. This is the second not guilty verdict I have seen today. I wonder if the DA's are that bad, or are the demographics of our juries just making it impossible to convict certain types of defendants.

nocnoc
nocnoc 12/11/13 - 07:19 pm
Jury of your peers as the US Constitution more less reads

Was it a bad bust, a poor case or wrong guy?
I would like to know, why he walked before I come down
with a ton of manure the problem.

BTW: That Jury of your peers works both ways, just ask GZ.

fedex227
fedex227 12/11/13 - 07:57 pm
I guess ...

there's always the possiblity they were innocent of the charges. But then again, I wasn't at the trial/s as others have.

bubbasauce
20573
bubbasauce 12/11/13 - 11:40 pm
I was a juror on one of these

I was a juror on one of these robbery charges and the defendants lawyer almost convinced one half of the jurors that this thief was innocent. It blew my mind that this woman lawyer almost got this man off the hook until a couple of women convinced the others that he was indeed guilty. Yes this whole society these days just think its OK to steal because of the way they were raised or whatever. Unbelievable. In the meantime try to rob my house and you will get a big surprise!

teaparty
teaparty 12/12/13 - 09:55 am
"It blew my mind that this

"It blew my mind that this woman lawyer almost got this man off the hook until a couple of women convinced the others that he was indeed guilty. Yes this whole society these days just think its OK to steal because of the way they were raised or whatever."
My bet is that these were LIBERAL women. Liberals do not let the facts get in the way of their emotions.