Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Man carjacked in fast food drive-through

Monday, Nov. 4, 2013 12:57 PM
Last updated 6:49 PM

Police are investigating a carjacking Sunday morning in a south Augusta fast-food drive-through line.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

According to a news release, Steven Earl Bellamy, 23, was in the drive-through at McDonald’s, 3132 Peach Orchard Road, about 2:30 a.m. when a man approached the open vehicle window with a knife. The motorist told police the robber told him several times to get out of the vehicle and then tried to stab him in the face as he tried to roll up the window.

The man, who was dressed in a gray hoodie and skull cap, then opened the door of the 1997 Ford Mustang and demanded the driver get out. Police said the driver got out of the vehicle, which rolled across the parking lot. Witnesses told police the bandit chased after the car, got inside and drove away.

Richmond County sheriff’s Lt. Calvin Chew said the stolen vehicle was recovered that afternoon in the 3500 block of Brockdale Drive in Pepperidge subdivision.

No arrest has been made.

CricketSeranade
CricketSeranade 11/04/13 - 03:01 pm
First of all

You have to keep your doors locked at all times. Second, keep your windows rolled up until you get to the window and then you should be close enough that no one can squeeze between the window and the car. Finally, try to conduct your business before midnight because as my grandma used to say "nothing good happens after midnight," at least not in the drive thru anyway.

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/04/13 - 03:17 pm
Now any one care to challenge

my SOP of having my equalizer next to me in the car anywhere I have stop in the CSRA after dark?

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/04/13 - 03:28 pm
BTW: The Drive thru has Video cameras

Could Mickey D's share the video?
It might help.

Beginning to look like the carjacker was tired of walking and chose to ride.

David Parker
David Parker 11/04/13 - 03:38 pm
I keep my foot on the pedal

I keep my foot on the pedal and leave enough room between my car and the one in front of me. Much quicker to just gas-it than listen to threats and fight off a knife-to-the-face, plus I don't have to go get my car in Pepperidge.

bentman
bentman 11/04/13 - 03:49 pm
Description?

"The man, who was dressed in a gray hoodie and skull cap . . ."

Might there be some other descriptors important to identifying the thug? What was the color of the skull cap? What was his hair color? What about eye color? Was there anything else that we might want to know the color of?

proudgunowner
proudgunowner 11/04/13 - 04:43 pm
I have to agree with nocnoc.

I have to agree with nocnoc. A 9 is my traveling companion....LEGALLY of course! Wake up America. Be warned. Be ready. Be armed. The thugs want to take over.....Including the thug in chief.

poolmom
poolmom 11/04/13 - 05:14 pm
Thats what you get for being

Thats what you get for being out at that time of the morning anyway!

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/04/13 - 10:30 pm
Another one living the dream.

Another one living the dream. Keep your handgun out and easily accessible by your shooting hand. If approached by an assailant at a drive thru, put a bullet between their eyes, get you burger and shake, and enjoy your meal while waiting for the police. They will continue to live the dream as long as we leave them alive to do so. The prosecutors, the judges, and the penal system refuse to stop them. It's like everything else in this upside down country......the working, taxpaying, law abiding people are the systematic, government sanctioned victims.

David Parker
David Parker 11/04/13 - 05:28 pm
We are D-Cell batteries for

We are D-Cell batteries for the government. Disposable and can be used for a number of purposes but all to serve. Don't doubt that.

Frank I
Frank I 11/04/13 - 06:06 pm
more important than my AmEx

more important than my AmEx and closer than my Yellow Pages..

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 11/04/13 - 09:02 pm
Note to victim... 4000 lb.

Note to victim... 4000 lb. weapon at your disposal

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/13 - 06:34 am
ooooweee

That 4000 lbs running over some toes won't be any fun....noooo

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/13 - 07:12 am
Gee,

why hasn't something like that ever happen to me!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/05/13 - 09:41 am
Dichotomy said...

Dichotomy said, "If approached by an assailant at a drive thru, put a bullet between their eyes, get you burger and shake, and enjoy your meal while waiting for the police."

Heh, heh, heh. That line needs to be in bronze somewhere.

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/05/13 - 02:04 pm
Nothing good happens at 2:30 AM............

but I would have tried my best to run over his [filtered word] and I apologize for my language!

David Parker
David Parker 11/05/13 - 02:26 pm
The bullet in the eyes was a

The bullet in the eyes was a good one. Make it a sticky Sean