Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Elderly man robbed in Hephzibah home

Monday, Nov. 4, 2013 12:57 PM
Last updated 6:48 PM

Police are investigating a home invasion in Hephzibah late Saturday.

Map View

Javascript is required to view this map.

According to a police report, the 77-year-old resident reported hearing persistent knocking at the door of his Pamplona Drive home about 10:30 p.m.

A white male and black male on his porch asked the resident where the San Sebastian neighborhood was before they pushed their way into the home.

The men, who did not have weapons, asked for money before searching through the resident’s pants.

They fled with more than $500 in cash, debit and credit cards, a military ID and other papers.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 11/04/13 - 02:37 pm
Trusting soul

To answer (open) the door that late (or matter of fact anytime). Check to see who is there and talk with the door closed. A peep hole may help, does not cost the world and is very handy. It may also more than help to have your "cousin" by your side and your phone in your hand.

Frank I
Frank I 11/04/13 - 03:12 pm
if I have my phone in one hand

then I won't have any hands to answer the door..

nocnoc
nocnoc 11/04/13 - 03:22 pm
Maybe I am too old school

But I never answer the door after dark to strangers with $500 cash on me.
Just a pistol.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/04/13 - 06:34 pm
Hell, I have my pistol in my

Hell, I have my pistol in my hand when I answer the door in the daytime. If I don't see a UPS truck out in the driveway you can bet I've got the drop on you. Here is a good rule of thumb....particularly if you live in the "city" of Augusta's Section 8 dump......TRUST NO ONE....DAY OR NIGHT.

teaparty
teaparty 11/05/13 - 08:49 am
I have a peep hole and if I

I have a peep hole and if I don't know the person I have my gun in hand when I answer the door.

teaparty
teaparty 11/05/13 - 08:50 am
He is very lucky he was not

He is very lucky he was not seriously hurt.