Car kills trick-or-treater, 5, near Atlanta

Friday, Nov. 1, 2013 7:55 AM
Last updated 7:21 PM

DECATUR, Ga. — Authorities say a 5-year-old girl has been struck and killed by a car while she was trick-or-treating in a neighborhood just east of Atlanta.

Autumn Mack  AJC/ Georgia Newspaper Partnership.
AJC/ Georgia Newspaper Partnership.
Autumn Mack

Police say the girl, identified as Autumn Mack, a pupil at Chapel Hill Elementary, was with a group of people and that parents were present at the time of the accident around 7 p.m. Thursday. It happened on Pepperdine Court near Decatur. Police tell WSB-TV that the child may have accidentally stepped into the road.

DeKalb County police Det. Lorentz Armstrong said girl was seriously hurt at the scene and taken to a hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 11/01/13 - 11:28 am
That is so awful! I'm not

That is so awful! I'm not going to point any fingers at anyone here, but I'm certain there are people who wish they could've done things differently last night. I feel so sorry for all involved. What a tragic accident. Halloween will forever haunt this family.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/01/13 - 11:55 am
I'm so very sorry. May our

I'm so very sorry. May our God hold this family in His hand, comfort their sorrow and give them the assurance their baby is in heaven.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/01/13 - 01:56 pm
Terrible thing for the family

Terrible thing for the family and for the person driving the car. I try to avoid driving anywhere on Halloween night just for this reason.

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 11/01/13 - 06:23 pm
God bless

little Miss Mack's soul.

scooter2762
scooter2762 11/02/13 - 09:21 am
Heart Breaking

What a heartbreaking lose. My condolences to the family.

Venue change sought in Aiken police slaying

Judge Clifton Newman told attorneys for Stephon Carter that a motion to move the venue or select jurors outside Aiken County was premature. Carter is accused of killing Public Safety Officer ...