Athens cops charge man in buttocks biting

Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013 4:21 PM
Last updated 7:24 PM

ATHENS, Ga. -- Athens Clarke police arrested a 23-year-old man early Thursday morning after he allegedly bit a woman’s buttocks in a downtown Athens bar.

Davis Franklin Cruz reportedly also fondled another woman in the bar and had earlier tried to kiss a man and woman outside on the sidewalk.

An officer on patrol at about 1:15 a.m. saw a group of people in an altercation at the corner of North Lumpkin and East Clayton streets, and found several bar patrons trying to push Cruz and another man out of the establishment.

After placing Cruz in handcuffs, the officer interviewed a 22-year-old woman who “told me that (Cruz) had dropped to his knees and had bitten her on her buttocks,” according to the officer’s report.

“I also met with another victim that would not identify herself that told me she had been fondled on her breast by (Cruz) and that she did not want to file charges,” the officer wrote in his report.

A bar employee corroborated both women’s allegations, telling the officer he had told Cruz and his friend to leave after witnessing Cruz accost the women, according to the report.

After Cruz was under arrest, a 23-year old man and a 19-year old woman approached the officer to say that they had fended off unwanted advances by Cruz outside the bar, police said.

“They stated to me that Cruz had stopped them on the sidewalk and had tried to kiss each of them and they had to shove him away,” the officer stated in his report.

The arresting officer wrote in his report that Cruz had the odor of alcohol on his breath and behaved “in a very agitated and uncontrollable manner.”

Cruz, of Ruth Street, was charged with sexual battery. He and his friend, a Waycross resident, were charged with public intoxication and disorderly conduct.

Comments (12)

Jake
Jake 10/24/13 - 05:47 pm

Breath Mints

"The arresting officer wrote in his report that Cruz had the odor of alcohol on his breath....."

I wonder if he had the odor of buttocks on his breath as well.

dichotomy
dichotomy 10/24/13 - 08:19 pm

This guy ought to buddy up

This guy ought to buddy up with our local toe sucker and hit the bars together. What a team they would make.

KSL
KSL 10/24/13 - 09:02 pm

If my Dad was alive, I would

If my Dad was alive, I would love to ask him if that was why his first child was not directed to UGA despite how they recruited me.

fedex227
fedex227 10/24/13 - 11:04 pm

Sounds like ...

he bit off more than he could chew. Sorry.

ragingbull
ragingbull 10/24/13 - 11:08 pm

They have it all wrong, he

They have it all wrong, he was just trying to accommodate the girl after she told him to kiss off after making an unwanted advance. He just got carried away. As for the fondling, the other woman did not want to press charges because she could not prove it was her breasts he fondled.

KSL
KSL 10/25/13 - 12:51 am

I think they need to keep all

I think they need to keep all of MCG in Augusta. Out of Athens.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/25/13 - 09:11 am

Considering the suspects last name.

how promoted this story be, and used imply a subconscious thought.

my.voice
my.voice 10/25/13 - 09:22 am

Hey buddy, she told you to

Hey buddy, she told you to KISS her @, Not BITE her @

DanK
DanK 10/25/13 - 09:33 am

So many people in need of love,

... so many bosses who need that kiss, and so many government officials who expect it, this guy could earn a good living if he pursued his proclivities in other locations.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/25/13 - 09:36 am

How bout them DAWGS? How bout them DAWGS? Ankles and

shins used to be the targets. But what can you expect from an animal breed to have constant spinal pain and breathing problems.

soapy_725
soapy_725 10/25/13 - 09:37 am

From BCS bound to butt biting. LOL LOL

From BCS bound to butt biting. LOL LOL

Echoes86
Echoes86 10/25/13 - 11:21 am

What a nasty guy. Why would

What a nasty guy. Why would he feel entitled enough to do that? Here's a tip, if you (male or female) are out in a club/bar/anywhere, keep your hands to yourself unless someone says it's okay. It's ridiculous how many people think they deserve to touch you..

Marinerman1
Marinerman1 10/25/13 - 12:01 pm

No, The Fondled Woman

No, the fondled woman did not want to press charges, because that was the most action she had received in over a week... Yes, I'm ashamed of myself...

ragingbull
ragingbull 10/25/13 - 11:59 pm

I once pinched a girl on the

I once pinched a girl on the butt in a nightclub, only because it looked so tempting sticking off the end of that barstool. She promptly slapped me silly. " nuff said, lesson learned. From that point on I have kept my hands to myself.