Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Suspect sought, 2 caught after holdup

Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013 10:15 AM
Last updated 7:44 PM

Police are searching for a bandit after an armed robbery at Family Dollar on Central Avenue.

According to a statement from police, two men entered the store at 9:41 a.m. Thursday and demanded money at gunpoint. The bandits took an undisclosed amount of cash from the business as well as money and other items from employees and two delivery men.

They fled in a black Chevrolet Caprice driven by a third man.

Deputies began chasing the vehicle after spotting it on Battle Row. The chase continued to Washington Road at Center West Parkway until the three men ran from the vehicle.

Two suspects were caught, and money and a gun were recovered. The third person, described as a black male in a dark shirt and khaki or camouflage pants, is still on the loose.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/10/13 - 10:26 am
Way to go RCSO

1 down 1 to go.

Great coverage.

AC
The suspects are white males correct?

dichotomy
32026
dichotomy 10/10/13 - 10:29 am
Let me guess.

Let me guess.

just an opinion
just an opinion 10/10/13 - 11:03 am
Actually an Asian male

With a GRU dental school sticker on the back of his Toyotta. These guys always go bad.

fastazzevo
fastazzevo 10/10/13 - 11:18 am
I couldn't hear anything.

I couldn't hear anything. Thought it was RCSO, but was richmond county, VA... augusta must be on a trunking system... guess im out of touch.

ragingbull
ragingbull 10/10/13 - 11:25 am
If I was the suspect that was

If I was the suspect that was arrested I would be squealing like a stuck pig to give the other suspects identity.

Dixieman
Dixieman 10/10/13 - 12:20 pm
Why do people like to rob

Family Dollar and similar stores? Not a lot of cash on hand there....

Sweet son
Sweet son 10/10/13 - 12:34 pm
@fastazzevo

Richmond County is on a trunking system and used to be streaming online but it doesn't seem to work anymore. If you find it email me with the address and post it back here for others.

David Parker
David Parker 10/10/13 - 12:55 pm
@Dixie

they don't make enough to put in proper security is my guess. EZ target

rmwhitley
rmwhitley 10/11/13 - 10:54 pm
Chasing a

card carrying member of the naacp and democratic party.