Crime & Courts

Richmond Co. | Columbia Co. | Aiken Co. |

Augusta woman suspected of stealing cash withdrawn with co-worker's ATM card

An Augusta woman suspected of using a co-worker’s ATM card to withdraw $800 was arrested and charged with theft Wednesday, according to a Richmond County Sheriff’s Office incident report.

Karen Hyman, of the 500 block of West Richmond Hill Road, told police that Lisa Weaver, of Hephzibah, asked her to withdraw the cash. The women work at McDonalds on Barton Chapel Road.

Hyman said when she got back in her car at the ATM at Kroger on Deans Bridge Road, a man got in the passenger side and pointed a gun at her, according to the report.

Hyman told police the man took the cash, told her to drive to Circle K on Lumpkin Road, then punched her in the face before fleeing, according to the report. The deputy observed no marks on Hyman’s face.

According to the report, Weaver, of the 3400 block of Pine Hill Road, told police she asked Hyman to withdraw $400 for her because she did not have a car to get to the ATM.

pgapeach2
pgapeach2 10/10/13 - 12:48 am
I don't know maybe

I don't know maybe it's just me, but I would have gotten a ride to the ATM machine instead of giving a friend my ATM card. I hope she is able to receive restitution.

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/10/13 - 04:39 am
There's a whole other world

There's a whole other world out there. Everyone can't afford to rotate their tires on time. People struggle and depend on others even if it doesn't always work out. I would hope the $800 turns mysteriously turns up.

Graymare
Graymare 10/10/13 - 06:19 am
That wasn't a very smart

That wasn't a very smart thing for her to do! Two things I never let anyone mess with, my man or my money!!

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/10/13 - 08:55 am
Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 10/10/13 - 08:47 am
Most of us want to trust others

and there are plenty of sleazy, sorry scumbags like Hyman who love that about other people. I hope she gets to enjoy the hospitality of the state long enough to reconsider her disdain for the 8th Commandment.

Moral imperatives don't seem to mean much to people like Hyman. She adds lying to stealing as if there were no consequences for such behavior.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/10/13 - 08:54 am
Hephizbah is a miss leading address

Pine Hill Road is North of Gate 5 and almost to Butler Creek Near Meadow Brook. It is closer to Barton Chapel Rd. than Gate 5 even and a Good 5+ mile from Hephzibah.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 10/10/13 - 09:47 am
Suspicions

Several commenters up above have raised suspicions about the reported story. Let me add some more food for thought. I'm assuming that the "Barton Chapel Road McDonalds Restaurant" is near Deans Bridge Road. I may be incorrect.

But assuming that is true, it is not an outrageous walk to Kroger. It is not that close, but it is walkable. But even better than that, you know there has got to be an ATM closer to Deans Bridge and Barton Chapel than Kroger. Ms. Weaver should have walked to a closer ATM and got her own money.

nocnoc
nocnoc 10/10/13 - 10:35 am
A fact over looked so far.

A person was asked to withdrawn $400, but $800 was taken?

"using a co-worker’s ATM card to withdraw $800 "

BUT
"...asked Hyman to withdraw $400..."

Nothing in the way of the current story explains the other $400.

Another Unexplained Item, She works at McDonalds Restaurant,
does not have a car, but she has an ATM withdrawal limit of over $800?

Like I said earlier, WEIRD and Strange at the least.
Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013 @10:32

Azziz is finalist for UNLV presidency

Ricardo Azziz, who has been mentioned in the past for other open university positions in Florida and Texas, is one of three finalists for the position.